Do you have a new PowerPoint presentation to design?
It's critical that your presentation slides capture your audience's attention. A great way to do that is to create an eye-catching animated presentation. Try using animated PowerPoint templates.
Unsure how to make your animated presentation look professional? This article is for you. Today you’ll learn what the most spectacular animated PowerPoint presentation. Plus, learn how to apply PowerPoint animations tastefully.
Then, we'll see the best premium cool animated PowerPoint templates from Envato Elements. Premium cool animated PowerPoint templates include built-in animations. Animated PPT templates help you get professional results. They’re a good choice when you need to make a polished presentation.
But, if you're on a tight budget, you can still get some good results. You'll also see over 20 PowerPoint presentations with animation effects, free to download.
What PowerPoint Animation Templates Are Available & How Are They Used?
Cool animated PowerPoint template slide with animation effects move objects on your slide. They also help you between your slides and control the pace of your presentation.
There are a wide variety of animation effects available in PowerPoint. You may not be sure how animations are used. Typically, animation effects are used in three ways:
- Entrance animations. An entrance animation is applied as text or an object is added to a slide. Examples of this include fade-in, fly-in, float-in, random bars, and more. The following animation is from the premium Spectacular Animated PowerPoint Presentation template:
- Emphasis. The purpose of emphasis animation is to draw attention to an object or text. Examples include spin, bold flash, wave, and more. The illustration below is included in a premium animated PPT.
- Exit animations. An exit animation is applied as an object is removed from a slide. Examples of this include fade-out, fly-out, float-out, wheel, and more. Here's an example of an exit animation from the premium Sketch - Animated PPT Background:
Animations that apply to entire slide are called transitions between slides. Common transition effects include:
- random bars
- and many more!
No matter what type of spectacular animated PowerPoint presentation slide you're using, the purpose is the same. They add visual interest to your presentation and attract the attention of your audience.
Why Use a Premium Presentation Template?
You're probably looking for PowerPoint animations in free to download templates. Those are available, and some are good. In fact, I share the best ones I've found later in this post.
Free animated PowerPoint templates can't match premium PowerPoint animation templates. And you'll be missing out on some of the benefits of professionally designed PPT animation templates. Let's take a closer look at what you can get from Envato Elements.
Get unlimited access to hundreds of PPT templates with an Envato Elements subscription. You also unlock other helpful design elements like stock photos, WordPress themes, and more. Your subscription even gets you access to over 1,000 Tuts+ video courses.
Check out the professional templates with animated PowerPoint background you'll find on Elements:
If you're serious about making an impact, use a premium template. Here are some of the advantages of premium templates:
- They're more likely to have been produced better.
- They work the way they're supposed to.
- They include more slide variations.
- The creators update them, as needed, to continue to be editable in PowerPoint.
- Some premium template designers even provide after-sales support. So, they're available if you've got questions or run into any problems in using the templates.
5 Great Animated PowerPoint Templates (Premium) From Envato Elements
Need the inspiration to find the PowerPoint template for you? Here are some good premium options from Envato Elements. Each one's professionally designed and includes PowerPoint slide animation elements.
This clean PPT animated PPT template includes easy-to-edit animations and transitions. It also has custom animations that are better than PowerPoint's built-in options. You'll get over three dozen modern, creative slides. It's based on master slides to help you with presentation consistency. Some of the slide types included are:
- section break slides
- handcrafted infographic
- portfolio or gallery slide
- device mockup (smartphone, tablet, laptop)
- and more!
The Hero Animated PowerPoint template has tons of advantages. First, you'll get lots of choices with this professionally designed PowerPoint template. There are a hundred unique slides. Also, choose between ten color variations. Plus, there are 20 PPTX files of full animations for a 16:9 aspect ratio.
Don't overlook this fully animated presentation template. It's labeled as "corporate", but the template works well for many presentations. This modern template comes with:
- animation and transitions
- based on free fonts
- based on master pages
- 70 different slides
- and more!
The Crystal template is an attractive option that includes animations and transitions. There are 77 different slides that you can use in your presentation. Plus, it's based on free fonts to save you money. Also, there are infographic elements, charts, graphs, maps, and icons.
The Arezzo PPT Animation Template has an elegant look. It'll be an asset to your presentation no matter what you plan to use it for. It's fully animated with many creative multipurpose slides to base your slideshow on. It also works with three different aspect rations (16:9, 4:3 and US Letter). It's easy to update, but the included PDF help guide file will get you started. Don't overlook this one!
10 More Great Premium PowerPoint Animation Templates (From GraphicRiver)
Need a single PowerPoint slide animation template download? We've got you covered. You can find attractive premium professional PowerPoint templates on GraphicRiver.
GraphicRiver is a pay-per-use marketplace of creative elements. It includes templates for PowerPoint animated slides. Each template is available for a small one-time fee, which means you don't have to commit to a subscription.
GraphicRiver offers over 3,600 PowerPoint templates with animation. Below are a few examples of what's available:
ThePress animated PowerPoint template will blow your mind away. You'll have unlimited choices with 480 unique slides at your disposal.
Have a look at the features below:
- All elements are editable
- Drag & drop placeholders
- 122 color options
- Beautiful free photos
No proposal is complete without an animated PPT to share it with. This one delivers 700 custom animated slides for your next project. Each one of those PowerPoint animation templates adapts to your needs.
That isn’t possible with any free animated PPT templates download. Advanced PowerPoint animation templates like this have custom groupings of effects. Those help you create the best presentation with tasteful animation.
If you want color and motion to showcase your best photographs, this animated PPT is your top choice. You've got 50 theme color schemes to choose from—or you can create your own!
Over 70 slide layouts are inside, with title slides, bullet slides, device mockups, and more. Master Slides assist you in customizing repetitive elements fast.
Animated PowerPoint templates help ensure you build a stylish, engaging presentation. This pack has over 1,000 designs that you can use to create an animated PPT on any subject. A variety of color palettes are included, and you can easily add things like text and photos.
Pitching your business to potential investors? Animated PowerPoint templates help you make a great impression. Here, you'll find many layouts and color options. It's quick and easy to drop in your own content.
This attractive slideshow template is suitable for many different types of presentations. Not only do you get easy-to-edit slide designs, but there are also custom animations to help your presentation stand out. It's designed for two different common aspect ratios (4:3 &16:9). The template also includes free support.
These expertly-designed slides are far better than any animated PowerPoint templates free download. Edit them all in a flash with any kind of content you want. A custom icon set provides fun illustrations. Dozens of animated PPT slides are inside the pack.
This versatile fully animated PowerPoint template is as eye-catching as it's useful. It supports four aspect ratios (4:3, 16:9, 16:10, and A4). There are also 400 unique slides, choose between light and dark versions. Easily edit any of these slides to add your own unique information and images for a powerful presentation.
Need animated PowerPoint templates for your next concert or music promo? Waveform is there for you. Built on master layouts for fast edits, it’s a must for creatives in a hurry. Audiences will love the quirky, modern styles throughout.
10. Smash Animated
This template is loaded with impressive animated PowerPoint backgrounds. You've got nine color schemes that give you branding options to match your specifics. Use the smooth easing animations for any object on the more than 100 unique slides.
20+ Free Animated PowerPoint Templates for 2021
If your budget is tight, you may be thinking about getting a free animated PowerPoint template. A PowerPoint presentation with animation effects free to download can save you money. But the number of features it offers are limited.
Plus, remember that if the free animated PowerPoint template came with your software, everyone will have access to it. But, if your budget is zero, this is a workable option. PowerPoint animations in a free to download template can provide you with usable options.
The templates that come with PowerPoint are a good place to start when you're looking for free animations for PowerPoint. So, let's look at a few of those.
Free Download Animated PowerPoint Templates From Microsoft
First, let's explore some free animations for PowerPoint that come with Microsoft PowerPoint. These free animated PowerPoint template presentations are installed by default.
To find the default free animations for PowerPoint template slides, open PowerPoint. You should see some of the templates you've used recently, including default templates. Scroll up and down to find a template you like.
You can also search for templates using the Search bar to find specific types of templates:
To apply a free animated PowerPoint template, click on it to see the description. Then click Create to open the template. Here are some of the creative animated PowerPoint templates free download:
1. Animate Title Spirals. See this PowerPoint animation free-to-download template presentation. Its cover slide features a purple background and moving spirals.
2. Animated Infographic Slides. This free animations for PowerPoint template also features moving objects on the title slide. It comes with a total of three slide designs.
3. Animated Tree Growth Graphic. The objects on this nature-themed cover slide template are also free animations for PowerPoint.
4. Animated Title Clouds. Watch the gray storm clouds float across this free PPT animation template's title slide.
5. Animated Scale Graphic. This unique free PPT animation template comes with a master slide and a moving scale graphic.
6. Timeline Progression Course. This red and black free interactive PowerPoint template includes five slide designs. Each includes an animation.
7. Animated Title Geometric. Here's a modern-looking animated title slide template featuring brightly colored squares. It's a nice PowerPoint animation effects free download.
8. Powerful Presentations. This PPT animation template for free includes an animated cover slide and 16 more slide designs.
9. Animated Gauge Graphic. These gauges actually turn on this animated graphic for PowerPoint.
10. Animated Title Lights. This title slide template features moving lights in the background as the title text appears on the slide. A simple and beautiful free PPT animation template.
11. Animated Title Circles. This is a colorful free PPT animation template presentations cover slide that features moving circles.
12. Animated Grass Slide. This nature-inspired PowerPoint title slide features a moving background of a field of grass. It's one of the creative animated PowerPoint templates free download.
More Free Download Animated PowerPoint Templates
There are other sources for free download animated PowerPoint templates, of course. Here are some of the sources we found:
Here's a list of more free PPT templates with animation:
13. Animated Food for Thought - PowerPoint Animation Effects Free Download Template. This animated template with food-related slide layouts is suitable for any food-related presentation.
14. Happy Holidays - Animated PowerPoint Background Free Download Template. This free PPT template with animation shows snowflakes moving across a blue background.
15. Animated Vital Signs - PowerPoint Presentation Animation Effects Free Download. This free interactive PowerPoint template could be used for a medical presentation.
16. 2021 Calendar - PowerPoint Animation Effects Free Download Template. This is an interactive calendar to help you present in 2021.
17. Animated Free PowerPoint Templates by PowerPoint School. A multipurpose colorful and fun PPT animation template for free.
18. Lead Generation Model - PowerPoint Animation Free Template. This free interactive PowerPoint template focuses on a funnel slide illustration for the process.
19. Animated Medical Template - PowerPoint Presentation Animation Effects Free Download. This free PPT template with animation simulates vital signs reading in red on a white background.
20. Heart Cardiogram - PowerPoint Animation Effects Free Download Template. Here's another medical-themed free download PowerPoint animation template.
21. Mental Health - Free Animated PowerPoint Template. Address and discuss mental health matters with this free PPT template.
22. Voodoo PowerPoint Template - Free Download. Clean and simple unique slides with animation for various purposes.
How to Customize Animated PowerPoint Templates
We've talked a lot about PPT animation templates in this article. As you can see, they're effective ways to save time and borrow the best animations that aren't native to PowerPoint.
This section will show you that PowerPoint animation templates are the starting point. They're totally customizable!
We're going to customize three slides in three steps each. Let's get started:
1. The Testimonial Slide
Slide 34 is a great way to show user feedback. Testimonials share potential clients that what you offer is proven to help others. This one's clean and it's easy to customize. Here's how:
- Add an image. Click on the image placeholder, then browse to a replacement.
- Update text. Include a user's testimonial to really drive the user experience to a potential customer.
- Slim down the text. We always coach presenters to reduce the total amount of text on a slide.
2. The Animated Chart
We're always advising our readers to use charts and graphs to show data. And as we shared in a tip earlier, animation takes a chart to the next level. Here's how to customize slide 14, an animated chart.
- Update data. Right-click the existing chart and choose Edit Data to open an embedded Excel window. Then, type over the placeholder data and your chart will update in realtime.
- Add your image. The default slide is designed to show a candidate's skill set. But there's no reason that you couldn't show other data in action. Either way, click on the image placeholder and browse to a replacement.
- Update text. Each text box is waiting for your copy. All you've got to do is type inside and fill in your details. Get creative with how to show your data.
3. The Three Box Portfolio
A portfolio is always a chance to put your best work front-and-center. Slide 19 is a great way to show your three favorite works with enough animation. Let's customize it:
- Update portfolio pieces. Click on the image placeholders and browse to the images or screenshots to add your favorite portfolio items.
- Update the branding. Click on any of the shapes on this slide, then choose the Format > Shape Fill dropdown ribbon option to choose a color that matches your preference.
- Update the text. As always, it only takes a few seconds to type over the text placeholders to add your specifics. Give your portfolio items a brief, one-line description.
5 Quick PowerPoint Animation Tips for 2021
Here's what you've already learned:
- Free animated PPT templates are out there and are sometimes "good enough" for your presentation.
- Premium PowerPoint animation templates give you smoother animations.
No matter what type of template you choose, it helps to have tips to work with animated PowerPoint templates. For these tips, we'll be working with the premium template, HEXA - PowerPoint Presentation Template.
Here are five of our top tips for presenters of all skill levels:
1. Adjust PowerPoint Animation Sequencing
PowerPoint animation is a great tool for staging a slide, but it's got to be used properly. Arguably the most important part is sequencing your animations correctly. After all, you don't want to show the punchline of a joke first, right?
To adjust your animation sequencing, make sure you're on the Animations tab. Click Animation Pane on the ribbon. Each box on the right side corresponds to the order of an object's animation. Drag-and-drop to resequence them in the proper order.
2. Use Animations Sparingly
This tip might come as a surprise. An entire article centered around animations, yet now we're suggesting that you skip most animations?
The point of animation is to stand out from the rest of the content in your presentation. If you start adding animation to every element, you're likely to overwhelm an audience.
Less is more. Use only one to two key animations per slide to keep your slides readable.
3. Adjust an Animation's Duration
An animation's duration refers to the speed at which it plays. Adjust it by selecting an object, then making sure you're on the Animations panel.
Change the Duration time box, shown in the upper right corner of the screenshot below. Click Preview to play it.
4. Add Animations to Infographics
Let's face it: the content in many presentations is complex. More presenters than ever use infographics to explain those complex ideas, visually.
Herein lies the power of PowerPoint animations. When you build an infographic to explain ideas, you're leveraging graphics to explain ideas. Your audience is sure to appreciate that.
To take the idea to the next level, use animations to stage the infographic onto the slide in steps. Showing the content one step at a time makes it easier to understand.
Learn more about infographics with the help of our guide below.
- Microsoft PowerPoint35 Best Infographic PowerPoint Presentation Templates: With Great PPT Data Slides 2021Sean Hodge
5. Use Slide Transitions
The focus of this tutorial was to add animations or motion that affect slide objects. There's another type of animation that many presenters use: slide transitions.
Slide transitions are the animations that play to transform one slide into the next. They're a good way to re-capture the audience's attention and shift to a new talking point.
To add a slide transition, jump to the Transitions tab and choose an animation effect. You'll instantly see a preview. Try to stick to simple animations, much like the tips we've already shared for object animations.
5 Cool PowerPoint Animation Trends for 2021
You’ve explored the best premium and free animated PowerPoint templates download options. Once you’ve chosen one, always embrace the latest trends to make sure you build a successful slide deck. Here are five of the latest:
1. Animated Infographics to Share Ideas
Infographics combine information and graphics to craft beautiful visuals. Bring them to life with animated PowerPoint templates.
Infographics in PPT animation templates help you explain processes in an easy-to-understand way. Animating them helps you control the pace and keep audiences focused.
2. Step-by-Step Animations for Smooth Flow
Imagine an animated PPT templates slide featuring many pieces of content. If you want to introduce them in order, step-by-step animations help you do it. Luckily, they’re featured in many animated PPT decks.
You can also change up animation order yourself, right inside PowerPoint. Learn how here:
3. Device Mockup Animations to Intro Your App
Device mockups illustrate your app or site by showing it on actual screens. Adding a bit of animation lets you call out key features and control the timing. These are very popular in 2021. Mockups like these are powerful graphics that you won’t find in animated PPT templates free download.
4. Animated Quizzes to Engage Audiences
Let’s face it: no audience wants only to be lectured to. They want involvement. That’s why it’s a great idea to build an animated quiz to boost interaction. It’s easy to do in PowerPoint, and it’s one of the top animated PPT trends for 2021.
Check out our full tutorial and start building your animated quiz now:
- Microsoft PowerPointHow to Make a Basic Interactive Quiz in PowerPoint From a PPT TemplateAndrew Childress
5. Icon Animations to Illustrate Key Ideas
Animated PPT templates free up time for you to focus on your ideas. But sometimes, it’s hard to know how to call attention to key areas of a slide. That’s where animated icons come in. They’re easy to add and instantly capture audience attention.
Discover More Great PowerPoint Presentation Templates for 2021
Still looking for the perfect PowerPoint presentation template for your slideshow? Here are some great templates to inspire you:
- Microsoft PowerPoint30+ Animated PowerPoint PPT Templates (With Cool Interactive Slides for 2021)Sean Hodge
- Microsoft PowerPoint30 Top Medical PowerPoint Templates (For Amazing PPT Health Presentations 2021)Sean Hodge
- Microsoft PowerPoint35 Cool PowerPoint Templates (Amazing PPT Slides for Presentations in 2021)Laura Spencer
5 Benefits of Using Professional Animated PowerPoint Templates (in 2021)
Still considering the option to download a free PowerPoint animated template from online? Here are five reasons to use a professional animated PowerPoint template in 2021:
- You save time. Save on hours and hours of design creation time. Templates give you a head start. You may even create your presentation in record time. Above all, it's nice to not have to worry too much about any design elements as it's all taken care of by a professional.
- Pro design animation and elements. Content matters, but so does the design of your presentation. A well-designed animated PPT template ensures excellence in your final product.
- Create a good impression. A well-designed presentation gives an excellent impression of you and your brand. Impress your audience and keep their engaged throughout your presentation.
- Pick the best template and animation that suits your needs. One of the best parts of using a professional template is you've got a choice. Choose from loads of best modern templates out there. This way, you'll know precisely how your proposal will look like even before you get started.
- The slides and animations stand out. Most presentations will use the Microsoft built-in animated presentation templates. These premium PPT animation templates are sure to stand out. Your peers likely won't use custom PPT animation designs.
Benefits of Envato Elements (The Power of Unlimited Use)
Envato Elements is a powerful service for creatives. It's a flat-rate subscription that includes thousands of great PPT templates. Best of all, it's all available for a single low-cost rate!
Join Envato Elements. You'll get access to thousands of unlimited use graphics and templates. Choose from web themes to PowerPoint animation templates, and more—all for one low price.
Common PowerPoint Animation Questions Answered (FAQ)
Animated PowerPoint templates are a huge advantage. They save you the time of creating everything on a blank canvas. But you might still have questions about how to add your PowerPoint animations.
Here are five of the most common questions we receive from beginners while they work on mastering animation in PowerPoint:
1. Does Animation Work in PowerPoint Online?
Too often, the browser-based versions of apps are watered down and don't work with key features. You might be wondering about animation in PowerPoint Online. After all, there's no sense in spending time animating if they simply don't play.
The good news is that PowerPoint animations work in PowerPoint Online. Almost all animations are supported and work well. Learn more about PowerPoint Online with the help of our guide:
2. Are PowerPoint Animated Templates Customizable?
We're major proponents of using animated PowerPoint templates to save time. It's the best way to use professional designs without becoming a designer yourself.
Too many beginners think that templates are restrictive. They don't realize that a template is the beginning of a presentation.
You've seen a few slides customized above in our walkthrough section. Check out our feature-length guide to customize PowerPoint templates:
3. Can You Animate Data in PowerPoint?
Data is great. Showing data in cluttered, overly numeric slides? Not so great. That's why skilled presenters opt for charts and graphs. Flat data comes to life with charts and graphs. It's easier to spot trends and infer meaning with the help of a chart.
Take charting to the next level with chart animations. Make sure to read our guide to learn chart animations in 60 seconds:
4. Can You Animate PowerPoint Backgrounds?
Traditionally, presenters thought about animating the basics: text, images, and slides. But modern design trends show us that anything goes, including background animations.
Animated PowerPoint backgrounds are fun and a great change of pace. They support animations much like every other object.
Use our tutorial to learn how to make perfectly sized slide backgrounds in Photoshop.
- Adobe PhotoshopHow to Make PowerPoint Slide Backgrounds In Photoshop (PPT Size/Format?)Andrew Childress
5. Can You Export PowerPoint Presentations as Videos With Animations?
The answer to this one is, "yes." You can export a PowerPoint presentation with animations as a video file with the animations working as expected.
Learn how to export a finished video with animations included in our tutorial below:
Learn More About How to Use Animations in PowerPoint
If you're creating a slideshow with animations, you could design it from scratch. Check out our resource, How To Use PowerPoint (Ultimate Tutorial Guide).
But starting from scratch could take some time. And your presentation might not end up looking how you want it to look. The tutorials below will help:
- Microsoft PowerPointHow to Quickly Add Good Animations to Your PowerPoint PPT PresentationsAndrew Childress
- OfficeHow to Control PowerPoint Animation with the Animation PaneBob Flisser
- Microsoft PowerPointHow to Make Animated PowerPoint Presentations With PPT TemplatesAndrew Childress
A much better option is to use a premium service, such as Envato Elements or GraphicRiver, for your presentation. Download PowerPoint animation templates. You'll save time and the presentation templates are created by professional designers. So, you know it'll look good.
Download Our Free PDF eBook on Making Great Presentations
We've got the perfect complement to any PowerPoint template. It'll help you learn how to write, design, and deliver great presentations.
Grab The Complete Guide to Making Great Presentations now for FREE with a subscription to the Tuts+ Business Newsletter. Get your ideas formed into a powerful presentation that'll move your audience.
Use a PowerPoint Presentation Template to Save Time
We've shared some of the best-animated PowerPoint template resources. You saw free and premium options. You've also learned how PowerPoint slide animations can strengthen your presentation. Plus, you learned how some of the most popular animation features are used.
You may be tempted by PPT animation templates you find for free online. But remember, your best choice is professionally designed PPT animation templates.
When you use a premium template from Envato Elements or GraphicRiver, you save time because you start with top-notch slide designs. Customize the slide templates by adding your own information and images. Why not get started on your next presentation now?
Good luck with your presentation!
Editorial Note: Our staff updates this post regularly. We add new animated presentation templates with the best designs.
This post has been updated with contributions from Barni Rajah, Andrew Childress and Maria Villanueva. Barni and Andrew are freelance instructors for Envato Tuts+. Maria is a staff writer with Envato Tuts+.
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Business tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post