An employment verification letter is something you'll need to do quite often if you're a small business owner, HR personnel, or even an accountant. It's best to use company letterheads and include a company stamp to look more professional and authentic.
Often, you'll get this request for an employment verification letter verbally from the employee. Or you could receive an official request from an external organization. In either case, it's important to be professional and prepared.
If you're in search of a compilation of various employment verification templates and samples, you've come to the right place.
In this article we'll look at templates and sample letters. You'll find:
- premium letterheads in Microsoft Word from the collection of best Microsoft Word templates from Envato Elements
- professional letterhead templates in Word selected from top MS Word templates from GraphicRiver
- 20 free employment verification letter samples from the web
What to Include in a Verification Letter
Before exploring these templates and sample letters, let's take a step back and create a small checklist of details you need in this letter.
What details do you need to include in a verification letter?
- Your company details. Name, logo, address, phone number, website, etc. Avoid a blank letter format without a letterhead.
- Your own details. Name, position, signature, extension number, email address, etc.
- The employee's details. Name, position, employment period, term of employment, etc. It's best to check with the employee if sensitive information like identification number needs to be included.
- Recipient's information. Name with title, company, and address, can be included to look more professional.
- Other details. Employee's pay, duties, and responsibility, etc. Also, it's best to confirm if there's any extra information that you should include.
Find the Best Employment Verification Letter Template on Envato Elements for 2022 (Unlimited Use)
Envato Elements is an excellent starting point if you're looking for premium MS Word templates or specifically Word letterheads. Access to tons of creative assets to help various departmental initiatives. An Envato Elements membership is a company-wide investment!
Envato Elements offers unlimited access to an all-you-can-download digital library with millions of premium creative assets. All for a low monthly fee.
Unlock access to tons of digital files like:
- presentation and print templates,
- website themes,
- royalty-free music and audio files,
- stock photos and videos,
- fonts, 3D objects, graphic templates, and so much more.
Do you want to try out a premium MS Word template before signing up for Envato Elements? Check out GraphicRiver's collection of best letterhead Word templates. You're able to download a premium template one by one on their pay-per-download model.
5 Best Premium Employment Verification Letter Template for 2022 (Envato Elements & GraphicRiver)
Here are the five best Microsoft Word letterheads from Envato Elements and GraphicRiver. They're professional templates suitable for any professional documents including employment verification letters:
This a clean and beautiful letterhead template. It comes with titles, shapes, backgrounds, and icons. Pick from any of the four color options. Edit it in Illustrator, Photoshop, or MS Word.
If you need to complete a new stationery set, this is a great option. It's minimalistic and modern. This file comes with:
- a letterhead (A4 and US Letter)
- business card US standard (front and back)
- an envelope 220x110mm (front and back)
- a presentation folder 9x12in
This template's design has a watermark of the company logo in the middle of the page. Logo and contact details are placed in a way that there are loads of space for the letter's content. There's a darker border that serves as an outline of the document.
This professional template comes with three color variations and two layouts. It's an Adobe InDesign template that you can edit on MS Word. Use this letterhead for all other outgoing company letters as well.
This template is professional, clean, and well organized. Include your company logo, contact details, brand colors, and you're all set. Write out your employee's verification letter in style and with confidence. Download this file with GraphicRiver's pay-per-download model.
20 Top Free MS Word Employment Verification Letter Template Examples to Download (2022)
Are you new to premium creative files, and would you like to test it out? Check out Envato's unique monthly freebies. It's a fantastic opportunity to try out premium files.
Have a look at this month's collection. A Microsoft Word template may not be in this month's free download. But you may find other creative files that you can download and use for other projects.
Here's the offer:
- Envato Elements has 12 free professional creative assets (photos, videos, audio, 3D objects, fonts, templates, etc.) up for grabs monthly. Create a free account on Envato Elements to access this month's offerings.
- Envato Market has seven monthly premium freebies. Log in with your Envato Market account to download this month's free premium files.
Let's dive into the collection of 20 free employment verification letter templates in Word available to download from the web:
The focus of this letter is to argue your immigration case, prove your financial standing, and show employment status.
This letter is generally sent to someone to get funds. Use it to identify the business, state the total years in business, mention income status, and tax obligations.
This letter helps you confirm employment status. It could also show eligibility for an employment visa and help with immigration processing.
This letter to the bank includes the employee's name, job title, period of employment, payment details, and the number of working hours.
This sample letter is to the point and focuses mainly on income verification.
This sample work verification letter helps you verify a past employee. Mention details like the employee's full name, the role held, working period, and term of employment.
The purpose of this letter is not only to verify employment but also the address of the employee.
This template serves more as a form as it doesn't include the typical letter format and addresses.
This could be the shortest letter you'll find online. It only states the employee's name and start date.
This work letter example leaves out the employee's past role, term of employment, and payment details.
This sample includes the employee's full name, position, date of service, and duties.
Is a staff going through a relocation due to promotion? This is a sample letter if you need to write into immigration for a visa application.
This is a simple verification letter that ticks most boxes. You can add on more details if you need to.
This sample letter is an answer to an employment verification request. It addresses the receipt of signed authorization and the request for an employee's details.
This sample letter includes the employee's national identity number and date of birth. A short note at the bottom explains the nature of the company and the employee's role.
This letter has all the necessary details for a basic employment verification letter.
The employee & employer fill out this form together. It's a declaration form. A letterhead isn't necessary, but a company stamp is.
This letter sample is for self-employed people. It's written by a certified accountant stating that the applicant is secure financially.
An applicant can pass this form to their employer to fill up. It includes a request and basic instructions as well as a form.
This sample letter confirms that a person is working at your company and states their salary.
5 Quick Tips To Make Professional Employment Verification Docs Word 2022
Sorting out the content of your letter is the first step in this work verification document. Here are five other tips for creating an impressive professional employment verification letter:
1. Download a Premium Letterhead MS Word Template
The authenticity of a document is questionable if it lacks a letterhead. A premium letterhead template turns any bland letter into an impressive professional document. Avoid any rework by getting this document right the first time. Use a professional letterhead template or stationery pack from Envato Elements.
2. Incorporate the Brand Identity
Now with the template of your choice in hand, it's time to customize it according to your brand identity. Change colors and fonts. Include logo and company details. This template now is a master template for all other future company letters.
3. Keep It Short & Simple
Since this is a professional document, keep it simple and straight to the point. Keep it within a single page. Include details that are a must only. Consider using more bullet points if the letter is longer than a page.
4. Add Relevant Details
The information to include in this letter depends on the organization requesting it and its purposes. Double-check with the employee and the recipient this before printing or emailing it over. A quick call or email to confirm this will save you time in the long run.
5. Proof of Sending
Will you be printing this document and passing it to your employee, who can pass it on to the requesting party? Or will you be passing it on to the requesting party yourself, via email or post?
Regardless of the delivery method, make sure there's proof that your company has done its part and sent out this document. Especially since this document is generally used for critical applications like visas, immigration, bank loans, or a new job.
5 Current Trends to Make your Employment Verification Letters Look Amazing
When you create an employment verification letter, make sure it doesn’t look outdated. You should aim for a professional design without looking too flat.
That's why in this section, we'll share a few design trends that'll make your letter stand out from the crowd:
1. Minimalism Is Always a Good Choice
We couldn't insist more on this: simple is better. Use a minimalist work verification letter template and let the white spaces do the talk. Whitespace matters because it gives your document a clean look, and your text will be easier to read.
2. Follow Your Personal or Brand’s Style
3. Use a Consistent Color Palette
Black and white are easy choices. Why don’t you use a color palette instead? Customize your work verification letter template and add colors that represent your company. This Letterhead Template uses a consistent color scheme, creating a cohesive brand identity.
4. Add Your Signature
Add the final touches to your job verification letter by placing your signature at the end of the letter. Our Modern Letterhead Template is a great example of how to add your signature while looking stylish.
5. Export Your Letter to PDF
This may be a bit obvious but easy to forget. It’s a good practice to send your files as PDFs, your reader will appreciate it, as the formatting and fonts may change when opened on another device, and we don't want that. Most of our employment verification letter templates will provide you with a PDF version of your letter.
Discover More Top Microsoft Word Template Designs
Are you looking to replace your current letterhead and envelop design? There are plenty of premium or free options out there for you to browse and pick from. These three articles are a great place to start:
- Microsoft Word20 Best Free Microsoft Word Corporate Letterhead Templates (Download 2022)Alexis (Lexi) Rodrigo
- Stationery25 Best Free Black & White Aesthetic Letterhead Stationery Templates 2020Daisy Ein
- Microsoft Word20 Best Free Microsoft Word Envelope Templates to Download for 2021Sharon Hurley Hall
5 Benefits of Using Modern Word Employment Verification Letter Templates with Pro Designs (in 2022)
Are you still debating whether to use a Word template for your employment verification letter? Don’t worry, remember we’ve got you covered with this.
Here are five reasons why you should start with a Word template for a work verification letter right away:
- Easy setup. Creating a design from scratch can be challenging. Don't worry. Our work verification templates in Word are easy to handle and ready for you to use.
- Great design. Our job confirmation letter formats in Word will make you stand out from the crowd. Start working with unique and modern designs.
- Customization at your fingertips. You can pretty much change every aspect of our Word templates. Experiment and try to come up with original designs!
- Endless options. If you've got a design idea for an employment verification letter in Word, there's a template for that. Our galleries have an infinite number of options that'll please even the pickiest user.
- Helpful resources. Even if you don’t have a good idea on how to design an employment verification letter in Word, our templates will have all the elements you need.
Benefits of Envato Elements (And Why Unlimited Use Is the Way to Go)
Envato Elements is a one-of-a-kind platform. It's a flat-rate subscription that gives you access to thousands of fantastic Word templates for a very accessible price.
Join Envato Elements. You'll get limitless access to graphics, templates, web themes, and more for one affordable price.
Common Microsoft Word Questions Answered (FAQ)
Microsoft Word may be an easy-to-use program, but we know that some questions could appear along the way. We’ve gathered up some of the most popular questions users ask about this software. Here are the answers:
1. What’s the Difference Between Google Docs and Microsoft Word?
We highly encourage you to use Microsoft Word to open a template from our website. While Google Docs succeeds in syncing and collaboration, Microsoft Word offers better tools for formatting and functionality.
Read about the differences betweem Word and Google Docs here:
- Microsoft WordMicrosoft Word vs. Google Docs Compared (Which Is Better to Use in 2020?)Alexis (Lexi) Rodrigo
2. How Do I Add a Page Number to My Document?
It’s easy. Just go to Insert > Page numbers and select the option that fits your document the most. The numbers will automatically add to the area on your page that you previously selected.
Here's a detailed tutorial with more information on headers, footers, and page numbers:
- Microsoft WordHow to Add Headers, Footers, and Page Numbers in Microsoft WordAlexis (Lexi) Rodrigo
3. How to Export a Project to PDF?
If you’re on Windows:
- Click File > Export > Create PDF
If you’re on macOS:
- Click File
- Click Save As
- Click File Format, located at the bottom of the window
- Select PDF from the formats list
- Name your file
- Click Export
4. How to Insert an Image into My Project?
Select Insert > Image. There you'll have a few options to choose from:
- This Device: for a picture from your device
- Stock Images: here you'll find high-quality images
- Online Pictures: for a web image
Select your image and finally click Insert.
Learn more in this article:
- Microsoft WordHow to Quickly Add, Move, and Format Pictures in Microsoft WordAlexis (Lexi) Rodrigo
5. How to Move or Resize an Image?
To move an image, all you've got to do is select the desired image and drag it to the desired area. To resize an image, select the desired image and drag one of the round corners until it reaches the desired size.
Learn More About Making Great Word Documents in 2022
Are you looking for ways to up your MS Word skill level? Pin this Beginner's Tutorial Guide to Microsoft Word on your browser. It serves as a quick reference guide to MS Word without spending too much time on a web search.
This guide is a growing compilation of Microsoft Word how-to tutorials. Here are three examples of tutorials you can find in it:
- Microsoft WordHow to Add Headers, Footers, and Page Numbers in Microsoft WordAlexis (Lexi) Rodrigo
- Microsoft WordHow to Work With MS Word Spelling & Grammar Checker (Troubleshooting)Alexis (Lexi) Rodrigo
- Microsoft WordHow to Draw and Use Freeform Shapes in Microsoft WordAlexis (Lexi) Rodrigo
Get a Premium Employment Verification Letter Template Word Today!
Anyone can find a free employment verification letter sample online to use. But in most cases, this will be a Word document with only text. Not a great look for a professional company.
Verify your employee with a letter that makes your company and employees look good. As an Envato Elements member, you get access to millions of professional assets, including Microsoft Word templates. So download a premium letterhead or brand stationery pack before starting this letter.
Maybe you're new to premium and want to test it out before signing up for a subscription? Be sure to browse through GraphicRiver's selection of premium MS Word templates. It works on a pay-per-download model, allowing you to download a single premium letterhead template.
Get your premium employment verification letter template in MS Word from Envato Elements or GraphicRiver today. Subscribe and download one now!
Editorial Note: This post was originally published on 30 June 2022.This post has been updated with contributions from Gonzalo Angulo. Gonzalo is a staff writer with Envato Tuts+.
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Business tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly