History is all about looking to the past to learn from it or understand one's roots better. Are you a presenter or educator who needs to use a Google Slides themes history to create understanding and love for the subject? Achieve these goals with a unique modern Google Slides historic-themed template.
Creating a history-themed presentation is no excuse to use an old fashioned template made years ago. Leave the heavy lifting to the design experts and use a modern pre-built template to get your message across in the best possible way. It also helps you avoid creating your presentation from scratch.
There are a few ways to create a professional history-related presentation. You can work with any of the following:
- templates made for history or vintage presentations
- multipurpose educational templates
- minimalistic business templates that are customizable for any industry or purpose
- templates with many timelines or other useful infographics
In this article, we'll explore templates that are suitable for all these options. We'll look at 20 free Google Slides themes for history to download off the internet. Plus, we'll explore premium history Google Slides Themes from Envato Elements, and GraphicRiver's selection of premium Google Slides history themes. The perfect template you've got in mind could be among these listed options.
Find the Best Premium History Google Slides Themes on Envato Elements for 2021 (Unlimited Use)
An Envato Elements subscription comes in handy for those wanting to work smart on creative projects. It allows you to work around skill sets or time limitations effortlessly. An active subscription will enable you to access and use as many digital files (not just Google Slides themes for history) as you need.
Unlock unlimited access to millions of creative assets with an Envato Elements subscription—all for an affordable monthly fee.
This all-you-can-download creative library will positively impact all your marketing and branding projects. You'll get access to premium digital assets like:
- royalty-free music and audio
- Google Slides, PPT, Keynote, and WordPress templates
- high-quality stock videos and photos
- fonts, presets, graphic templates, and much more
Do you still find free Google Slides templates found online tempting? There are limitations you're forced to work around when dealing with anything free found online. These are issues to look out for:
- lack of unique options
- limited features
- outdated designs
If you're a light user of creative assets but wouldn't mind going premium for a presentation project—try out premium Google Slides from GraphicRiver. Thanks to its pay-per-download model, you're able to test out premium before signing up to Envato Elements. Let's explore some of GraphicRiver's Google Slides history themes in the next section.
5 Best Premium History Google Slides Themes for 2021 (Envato Elements & GraphicRiver)
Here are five top premium themes for Google Slides history from Envato Elements and GraphicRiver:
Historia is a unique, creative, and minimalistic presentation template. This professionally created template comes with a design that's professional yet friendly. It's a great template to use if you're taking the storytelling approach to your history presentation.
This is a minimalistic black and white template. It's got beautifully handcrafted infographics with pixel-perfect illustrations. Add your photos as black and white or color images. Both options will suit this template perfectly.
Academia is an education Google Slides template that works well for creating a presentation for university students, investors, or shareholders. It comes with a dark and light background as well as three pre-made color themes. Make full use of the infographics and animations to impress your audience.
This template comes with 19 unique timeline slides. Explain any historic events easily by breaking down the events by timeline and presenting it on an animated timeline. This would make the presentation a whole lot more comprehensive and memorable.
You can't go wrong with a professionally designed presentation template like Verzus. It comes with 200 unique slides that you can customize for any presentation or industry. Verzus has loads of features like:
- data charts
- over 3000 vector icons
- world maps
- handcrafted infographics
- section break slides
- documentation and quick guide in PDF
20 Top Free Google Slides History Presentation Slide Designs to Download for 2021
Before you explore free Google Slides themes for history presentations, check out Envato's monthly premium freebies. It's an opportunity to test out various premium creative files at no cost. If you're in luck, a suitable theme for Google Slides history presentation may be up for grabs!
Here's the deal:
- Envato Elements offers 12 premium monthly freebies (fonts, templates, videos, audio, photos, and more) for all to use every month. Log in or create a free account to download this month's free premium files.
- Envato Market offers seven unique premium files for free every month. Log in or create an account to access this month's giveaway.
Let's dive right into 20 free Google Slides themes for history presentations found online:
1. Elegant - Free Presentation Template is a simple multipurpose free download white, dark blue, and gold.
2. Business Google Slides Template comes with a slide for company history. It's helpful if you need to display a simple historic timeline.
3. Free Timeline Google Slides Template. This template has five multicolored timeline designs.
4. Historical Architecture - Free Google Slides Theme. This template uses textured paper as its background to convey a historic feel.
5. Open Book - Free Google Slides Theme mimics an open book on a table. Add historical content to give a feel of storytelling.
6. Renaissance Drawings - Free Google Slides Themes History uses Da Vinci's drawings and classic typography on a textured paper background.
7. Vintage Geography - Free Google Slides uses vintage maps as its background. There's a white text box on each slide for content.
8. Doodle Free Template for Google Slides is an academic or school-themed template with doodles and school workbook pages as backgrounds.
9. MacCarthy Free Template for Google Slides. This template looks like a historic newspaper page. The background looks like textured vintage paper.
10. Black History Month Template. This template comes with a dark background. It's got white fonts and uses red, yellow, and green as highlights.
11. Ancient Greece - Historic Template has an open book on a table. It's for educators needing to teach a history class.
12. Monet Free Google Slides Themes for History works well for simple historic art presentations. The background is brown, and the fonts are black.
13. Asger Free Google Slides History Theme has a blue gradient background with world maps.
14. Yearbook - Free Google Slides Themes for History. This is an open book template that comes with two different cover designs—leather and geometric.
15. Blackboard - The Board Trilogy is a simple multipurpose blackboard template with old-school vibes. It's got dusty blackboard background and uses colorful chalks for fonts and highlights.
16. Historic PowerPoint Template uses the world map in light gray as the background. The fonts are black, and the highlights are multicolored.
17. University Homework Template comes in a 16:9 widescreen format and is suitable for all types of screens. This template uses green and yellow as its primary colors.
18. Blackboard Google Slides. Content has a handwritten look and is in white. This works well against the dark blackboard background.
19. Vintage Old Books - Google Slides has images of old books on a grayish-green background. It's got elements, layouts, maps, infographics, and charts for an educational presentation.
20. Back to School Education - Google Slides Themes is another multipurpose educational presentation template that anyone can use. It works for any subject like history, science, maths, or geography.
5 Quick Google Slides History Presentation Slide Design Tips for 2021
Make the best of your pre-built template and create an impactful presentation. Here are five tips to help you get started:
1. Leave the Designing to the Experts
The ultimate goal is to get your hands on that perfect template, add your content, and finish creating the presentation in record time. Besides saving time, a premium presentation template helps you:
- make that good impression
- create a modern presentation
- work around your skills
- avoid taking the risk with free templates from the web
Take your time and browse through loads of options while looking for that template you've got in mind. This first step is crucial as it helps minimize design customization efforts later on.
2. Stay Minimal
Most professional templates from Envato Elements and GraphicRiver have a minimalistic design approach. All you've got to do is divide your content across the slides without them looking crowded.
Here are a few tips on how to keep your slides minimalistic:
- Stick to the template's color themes or use only a few colors if you need to customize.
- Stick to bullet points or visuals. Avoid paragraphs.
- Don't add more design elements.
- Maintain a lot of white space.
3. Use Visual Graphics
Visuals like images, videos, or infographics are easier to understand and recall. Take note of data or information that you can turn into visuals before starting your presentation creation. Be sure to mix up the use of visuals, so each slide looks different from the other.
4. Use Customer Image Masks
Custom image masks are a quick way to add some creativity to any presentation. Thanks to image place holders and custom image masks, all you've got to do is drag and drop your images to where you want them. Square or rectangle-shaped photos are a thing of the past!
5. Create an Impactful Start and End Strong
Capture attention, manage expectations, engage, and be memorable! These are some of the goals that most presenters have when they face their audience. Starting and ending your presentation with a bang makes it easier to achieve these goals.
Read more about how to create an impactful start and end to any presentation:
- PresentationsHow to Start a Presentation Strong and End Powerfully (Make an Impact in 2021)Julia Melymbrose
Discover More Top Google Slides Presentation Theme Designs
It's a good idea to check out more templates for inspiration before making your decision. Below are a few related Google Slides templates for you to explore:
- Google Slides25+ Free Minimalist Google Slides Themes (Designs to Download for 2021)Daniel Strongin
- Presentations30 Google Slides Templates for Teachers, Educators, and Students for 2021Alexis (Lexi) Rodrigo
- Google Slides25 Easy-to-Use Google Slides Timeline Templates for 2021 PresentationsAlexis (Lexi) Rodrigo
Learn More About Making Great Google Slides Presentations in 2021
Pin the How to Use Google Slides (Ultimate Tutorial Guide) as a favorite on your browser. It's got loads of bite-sized Google Slides how-to tutorials. If you get stuck using Google Slides, this works as a helpful reference guide.
Here are three tutorials from this guide:
- Google SlidesHow to Make a Timeline on Google Slides With TemplatesLaura Spencer
- Google SlidesHow to Run Presentations on Google Slides Remotely (With Phone App)Laura Spencer
- PresentationsHow to Convert PowerPoint (PPT) to Google Slides Presentations on ImportLaura Spencer
Get a Premium History Google Slides Theme Now!
There are plenty of free Google Slides history themes on the internet. It's accessible to anyone working on a budget. Like anything free, most of them do come with shortfalls like lack of uniqueness, outdated designs, and minimal features.
As a professional, you may want to take the safest option and give your presentation the best possible head start. In this case, a free template won't work for you.
Enjoy access to premium Google Slides Themes for history presentations (as well as other creative assets) with an affordable Envato Elements monthly subscription. Start working on all your creative projects efficiently with Envato Elements.
Are you a light user of creative assets? Or do you want to try out premium before signing up? GraphicRiver has many premium history Google Slides themes that you can try out with a pay-per-download model.
Work smart with professionally designed premium templates from Envato Elements or GraphicRiver. Download one today!
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Business tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly