SWOT analysis templates in Word serve as a reality check to help you stop and re-evaluate your current position. It's also an excellent tool for new business ventures.
What's a SWOT chart? SWOT is an acronym for the four main components of this analysis:
- Internal strengths
- External opportunities
People and businesses change over time. So, the current state of a company may be very different from what was envisioned while creating a business plan years ago.
By looking into these four areas, you'll be better equipped to plan ways to guide your business into the future strategically.
This article looks at 20 free SWOT analysis templates in MS Word from the web. We'll also check out the best premium Microsoft Word templates from Envato Elements. Browse these collections and pick a template that bests suits your needs.
Let's start exploring some top creative SWOT analysis templates for your project at hand.
Find the Best SWOT Analysis Template Word on Envato Elements for 2023 (Unlimited Use)
Envato Elements is the best place to get a top premium MS Word template with a SWOT analysis. A membership is a marketing investment for you personally or for your professional brand. Lack of skills will never be a reason anymore while working on creative projects.
Envato Elements' irresistible offer is unlimited access to a digital all-you-can-download library with millions of creative files. All for an affordable monthly fee.
Unlock access to digital assets like:
- WordPress and website templates
- print and presentation templates
- royalty-free audio and music files
- stock videos and photos
- presets, fonts, 3D objects, graphic templates, and so much more
5 Best Premium SWOT Analysis Template Word for 2023 (Envato Elements)
Here are five top premium SWOT templates for Word from Envato Elements.
1. Kreate - Brochure Template With SWOT Analysis
Kreate is an impressive multipurpose business brochure template with 14 A4 pages. Edit these pages in InDesign or MS Word. Pick from the two excellent gradient color options.
2. Kaliurang - Workbook With SWOT Analysis
Here's a SWOT analysis Word template with 56 multipurpose pages. Save time and get the best results with this fantastic template. It's perfect for any business handbook creation. It's got various other valuable pages like:
- three cover options
- workout tracker
- sales funnel
- and much more
3. Blue Accents - Business Plan Layout With SWOT Analysis
This SWOT analysis template for Word comes in A4 and US letter pages. Edit the content to suit your brand colors and fonts. This is an impressive business plan template. It's perfect for marketing planning, pitches, and any corporate reports.
4. Business PlanThis premium SWOT template for Word has a beautiful blue design. The color scheme doesn't match your business's colors? No problem! This template has unlimited color schemes that can easily be changed.
- 16 page layout
- A4 size
- print ready-300 DPI
- free fonts used
5. Professional Business Plan
This SWOT analysis template for Word has a simple and professional design. Timelines, graphs, and maps are included to help you detail out a professional SWOT analysis and business plan. This template is fully editable and altered to fit your particular needs.
Here are the main features of this template:
- 12 custom pages
- A4 size
- CMYK @ 300 DPI
- free fonts used
Let's now go over the top free SWOT templates for Word.
20 Top Free SWOT Analysis Template Word to Download (2023)
Do you know about Envato's freebies? Envato offers a select few creative files for download every month. Don't miss the chance of testing out premium templates at no cost to you.
Check out this month's collection. You may be lucky, and a SWOT analysis Microsoft Word template may be among this month's free downloads. Or you may find other creative files to download and use for your project.
Here's the offer:
- Envato Elements offer 12 free premium creative files (videos, photos, audios, templates, etc.) every month. Access this month's premium freebies by creating a free account on Envato Elements.
Let's explore 20 free SWOT analysis templates in MS Word found online:
1. Free Editable SWOT Analysis Template
This free downloadable blank SWOT analysis template Word is available in Excel, Word, Google Sheets, and PDF. There are also action items and a goals section to help you list tasks you can do immediately.
2. Table - Free Blank SWOT Analysis Template Word
If you're looking for a blank SWOT table on MS Word, this is it. It's basic and has no decorative elements.
3. Smart Business - Free SWOT Template Word
Four hexagons in yellow, green, blue, and red are in the middle of them this editable SWOT analysis template. There's space beside each hexagon to write notes for each section.
4. Circle - Free SWOT Analyze Word Download
This free SWOT analysis template in MS Word has a dark background. The word SWOT with an icon of a person is in the middle of a circle with strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities. Outside this circle is space for description.
5. Business - Free Creative SWOT Analysis Template
This SWOT template Word comes with four icons, S, W, O, and T. Each in a different color. Plus, you can list down crucial points below each alphabet.
6. Free Blank SWOT Analysis Template Word
This free template is broken down into three main categories: internal, external, and SWOT Analysis Summary. It's a simple and clean SWOT template Word.
7. Squares - Free Creative SWOT Analysis Template
There are four squares for each section of the SWOT analysis. Behind these squares is another square placed as a diamond to frame up everything nicely.
8. Pastel - Free SWOT Analysis Word Download
This creative SWOT analysis template is divided into four main areas with different pastel colors for each section. Use bullet points to fill up this form.
9. Company - Free Editable SWOT Analysis Template
The background image of this SWOT analysis Word download is a city skyline. This makes it more suitable for business use rather than personal use. Each SWOT section has a lot of space to note points down.
10. Horizontal - Free Creative SWOT Analysis Template
This template is broken into four horizontally. This allows you to describe your SWOT elements in paragraphs.
11. Icons - Free SWOT Analysis Word Download
Green, blue, red, and orange, along with simple icons, are used for each section. The background to this SWOT analysis Word template is white.
12. Free Creative SWOT Analysis Template
The background of this template is black. The design element for each SWOT section looks like a leaf or flower petals even.
13. Free SWOT Template Word for Small Business
This is a US A4 basic SWOT analysis template. File formats are Google Docs, MS Word, and Pages.
14. Business - Free SWOT Analysis Template in MS Word
This is a one-page document with a SWOT table. It comes with criteria examples to help get those creative juice flowing.
15. Simple- Free Blank SWOT Analysis Template Word
This editable SWOT analysis template has a clean and straightforward table of four squares. Details can be in point form or paragraphs.
16. Product Marketing - Free SWOT Template Word
This SWOT template for Word is also a basic design like the Simple-Free Blank SWOT Analysis Template Word above. But it's got a bit more design elements to it.
17. Free Personal Editable SWOT Analysis Template
This SWOT analysis Word template is for a personal SWOT analysis. There are instructions or guidelines to help you achieve this.
18. Free SWOT Analysis Template in MS Word
This is a one-page SWOT analysis template for Word. Each SWOT section is a different pastel color.
19. Arrows - Free SWOT Analyse Word Download
Four squares and four arrows are placed horizontally on this document to create a separate section for each SWOT element.
20. Speech Bubble - Free Editable SWOT Analysis Template
Green speech bubbles are used for the positive sections, which are strengths and opportunities. But red speech bubbles are used for weaknesses and threats.
How to Create a SWOT Analysis in Microsoft Word
After selecting a SWOT analysis Word template for your project, you can start the process of customization. Today, we'll show you some ways you can customize your template. Create an eye-catching and visually engaging SWOT analysis for presentations and reports.
For this walk-through, we'll be using the premium Business Plan template from Envato Elements:You can download a copy and follow along, or work with your own template. Let's get started:
1. Select the Pages You Want to Use for Your SWOT Analysis
Your first order of business here is to select the pages you want to use within your template. So, make a copy of the template file then delete any pages that you don't wish to use for your project.
The Business Plan template comes with 11 different page designs for creating a comprehensive business plan. In this case, we're deleting all the other pages except for the one dedicated to the SWOT analysis layout:
2. Add Custom Content to the Template
This is where you put your writing skills to work. Use the template as a guide to flesh out your descriptions of your company's SWOT analysis. Simply click on a text box and start typing. Your words will overwrite the lorum ipsum filler text provided in the template.
3. Change the Template's Colors to Match Your Branding
Once you've got your text all set, you can start playing around with the appearance of the template.
In our example, let's change the color of the area around the letters
S, W, O, and T. To do this, click on the pale blue circle shape, Then, under Shape Options, select Color from the new menu that pops up. You can also change the fill settings and line settings within these menus.
You can also switch to Text Options within this menu and change the fill color for the text from black to white:
4. Change Shape Styles
If the circles aren't in keeping with your branding, or you'd just prefer to adjust their appearance more, you can change that too.
Change the circle around the S to have a drop shadow by clicking the circle shape. Then, under the Format Shape menu, switch to the tab with a polygon on it. Under Shadow, select the upper right perspective option.
5. Change Fonts to Match Company Branding
Most companies have a dedicated style guide to follow, and this includes fonts and font styles. You can easily change the fonts in a SWOT analysis template to match your custom branding preferences.
To change fonts, go to Format > Font. From the dialog that appears, you can select a new font, font style, font size, and font color. You can also apply special text effects here like strikethrough or all caps.
5 Quick Tips to Make a Great SWOT Analysis Designs in Word 2023
Picking the perfect SWOT template in Word is only the first step. You need to make the most of it and ensure the final product is nothing short of impressive. Here are five ideas to help you achieve this:
1. Everything You Need in One File
Get a premium Word document template, so it helps you save time. It comes with SWOT charts and other business-related pages, all in one theme. This will help you create a complete document without mixing and matching free pages from the web.
2. Use a Graphic SWOT
The basic form of SWOT is a table with four squares. This gets boring fast and gives the impression you didn't put in any effort for this analysis. There are loads of premium, visually pleasing graphic SWOT charts you can use to impress your audience.
A graphic SWOT breathes life into what could be a very dull analysis meeting or report. By keeping things fun, you may find it'll be easier to keep everyone engaged.
3. Incorporate the Brand Identity
Once you've got your template of choice, customize it according to your company's colors and fonts. Aligning your brand's identity and including your logo is just what your document needs.
If you need business-related images, icons, or other graphics, check out Envato Elements. As a subscriber, you'll have access to a wide range of premium graphics to pick from.
4. Keep It Short
Fill up your SWOT charts with key descriptive words and not long paragraphs. The idea here is to be able to get an overview of your situation on one page. Then, if you need to elaborate further, they can be done separately after the chart.
5. Action Tasks and Plan
Conducting a SWOT analysis is great. But your efforts become pointless if these insights aren't turned into roadmaps and actionable timelines to reach goals. Include a section after your SWOT chart with action plans on how to:
- Leverage your strengths more.
- Use strengths to reduce weaknesses and possibly even turn them into strengths.
- Capitalize on opportunities.
- Monitor and mitigate threats.
Top 5 Design Trends for SWOT Analysis Templates Word
Staying up to date with design trends is important for your SWOT analysis. Here are the current five design trends that can help you take your template to the next level:
1. Use Icons
Icons are a great way to keep your reader engaged. Adding icons to the various components of the SWOT analysis is ideal.
2. Add Images
When you think of a business plan and a SWOT analysis, you don't normally think of images in the document. Adding images that highlight your business plan and SWOT analysis makes your document more enjoyable to read.
3. Use Boxes
Using boxes to detail your SWOT analysis looks professional. These four boxes can connect to create a square.
4. Use Different Page Layouts
Adding different page layouts with give your SWOT template for Word a fresh look. Don't stick to the same design for every page. Every new section, change the page design.
5. Include a Table of Contents
Including a table of contents lets your reader easily skip to any section they want. Including a header image for the table of contents that's got the templates colors can help elevate the design.
Let's have a look at a few more templates to help you make a great SWOT analysis in Word.
Discover More Top Microsoft Word Template Designs
Many other business-related Microsoft Word templates may come in handy for your various projects. Below are more MS Word templates that you may find helpful:
- 20 Best Free Microsoft Word Standard Operating Procedure SOP Templates 2022Daniel Strongin18 Oct 2022
- 20 Best Free Microsoft Word Timeline Templates to Download for 2022Barni Rajah02 Mar 2022
- 18+Best Free Microsoft Word Flowchart (Process Map) Templates 2022Andrew Childress30 Apr 2021
5 Benefits of Using Premium Word Templates With Pro Designs (In 2023)
Still deciding whether to purchase a premium downloadable SWOT analysis template for Word? Here are the top five reasons why you should download a premium Word template from Envato Elements:
- You save time. It can take hours to design a SWOT template for Word yourself or even to receive a design back from a graphic designer. When you download a premium template, all you need to do is input your text and images.
- Templates are fully customizable. Templates are fully customizable. If you don't like anything on the design, you can customize it to fit your needs.
- You can generate ideas. The templates available on Envato Elements have varied designs. These designs can help inspire new ideas for your design that wouldn't have thought of otherwise.
- You save money. Professionally designed SWOT templates for Word cost a fraction of the price of hiring a graphic designer.
- The slides stand out. Most people don't use professional templates. Using one will help you stand out from the crowd.
Benefits of Envato Elements (The Power of Unlimited Use)
Envato Elements is a unique service. It's a flat-rate subscription that includes thousands of great Microsoft Word templates for a single flat-rate price.
Sign up for Envato Elements. You'll get access to thousands of unlimited-use graphics and templates. Choose from web themes to SWOT analysis Word templates, and more—all for one low price.
Common SWOT Analysis Questions Answered (FAQ)
You've just learned how SWOT analysis works and how it can be applied to your business, Let's turn our attention to some frequently asked questions on the subject:
1. What Does SWOT stand for?
SWOT stands for:
A SWOT analysis examines each of these as they pertain to evaluating a business and the balance that is struck between them. Learn about using a PowerPoint SWOT analysis templates in this tutorial:
2. What Are Examples of Strengths in a SWOT Analysis?
A company's strengths can be made up of many aspects including but not limited to:
- solid profits
- high productivity
- good organization
- healthy collaboration
- loyal customers
You can also create a SWOT analysis PowerPoint. Here are some top templates:
3. What Are Examples of Weaknesses in a SWOT Analysis?
In a SWOT analysis, weaknesses can be made up of anything that prevents a company from performing well or at its highest potential. A few examples include things like:
- high customer turnover
- a high bounce rate on your website
- a lack of customer loyalty
- supply chain issues
- poor management
4. What Are Examples of Opportunities in a SWOT Analysis?
Opportunities are positive potential attributes associated with a company -- but aren't directly caused by the company itself. So, if your country of residence provides tax breaks for those in your industry -- that would be considered an opportunity. Another example would be if your company has secured a healthy supply chain while others in your industry are struggling.
5. What Are Examples of Threats in a SWOT Analysis?
Threats to a company as they pertain to SWOT analysis deal with external factors that could hurt or damage your company. A few examples include:
- a lack of qualified employees in your field
- overcrowding in your industry
- or consumer trends that show a declining interest in your industry
Once you've identified threats, you may be able to use brainstorming to address them. Learn about brainstorming in this tutorial:
Learn More About Making Great Word Documents in 2023
Are you still learning MS Word as your go along? Then, pin this Beginner's Tutorial Guide to Microsoft Word as your favorite. It's a compilation of short how-to videos that'll come in handy when you're stuck.
Here are three examples from the guide:
- How to Quickly Add, Move, and Format Pictures in Microsoft WordAlexis (Lexi) Rodrigo05 Jan 2020
- 30+ Best Microsoft Word Keyboard Shortcuts to Quickly Work in DocsAlexis (Lexi) Rodrigo20 Feb 2020
- How to Insert, View, or Delete Section (& Page) Breaks in Microsoft Word (+Video)Alexis (Lexi) Rodrigo25 Oct 2021
Get a Premium SWOT Analysis Template Word Today!
There are tons of free SWOT analysis templates in MS Word found online. But most of them are one-page documents that aren't professionally designed. So, they could lack that creative design you're looking for.
Envato Elements has many professional top Microsoft Word templates that include SWOT analysis for you to pick from. They're part of larger templates like business plans, brochures, business proposals, or workbooks. This is excellent as you'll be able to get other relevant pages that'll work well for your project—all in one design theme.
Get your premium SWOT analysis Microsoft Word template from Envato Elements or today. Subscribe and download one now!
Editorial Note: This post has been updated with contributions from Brenda Barron and Daniel Strongin. Brenda and Daniel are freelance instructors for Envato Tuts+.