If you're working on a presentation, using a slides design for PPT is one of the best ways to get it done quickly with a professional appearance. But, as you probably know if you've ever created a slideshow, it's important that the template you select includes slides design for PPT you need to get your message across.
Unfortunately, not every PPT slide template available has the premium PowerPoint design quality you need.
That's why it's important to choose PPT slide templates for the slides and features they offer. If you need a timeline, you want to be sure that the template you select has a professional PPT slide backgrounds template of a timeline. If you need a map, the template should have a customizable map. And so on.
In this article, we'll take a quick look at some of the most popular ppt slide design templates used in presentations. Then, I'll show you some top-notch PowerPoint premium templates from Envato Elements and Envato Market that offer plenty of options as well as some premium PPT templates free download.
Popular PowerPoint Slide Templates
If you're looking for PPT slide templates, you know how hard it can be to find the right slide design for your needs. Here are some popular types of PPT slide templates that most businesses can use:
- Title slide design. An eye-catching title slide is a must for most presentations.
- About us. This slide design briefly describes your business or organization.
- Bio profile page. This slide, which often includes picture placeholders, highlights mini-bios for your company's leadership.
- Timeline. Timelines are popular because they provide an easy way to visualize dates.
- Chart or diagram. Chart and diagram slide layouts allow you to present data in an engaging fashion.
- Pro Graphics: From great PowerPoint PPT background designs, to professional photo placeholders, and customizable graphics.
- Map. This type of PowerPoint slide template is especially useful when your presentation discusses globalization or corporate territories.
- Infographic. Infographics go one step beyond charts, diagrams, or basic graphics to present information in a visual format.
Mobile device mockup. With the popularity of mobile devices, it's no wonder that PowerPoint slides templates that feature a mobile device mockup are popular.
5 Premium PowerPoint Slide Templates to Save You Time (Envato Elements)
If you absolutely must find a specific slide design, the fastest way to do it is by getting PowerPoint templates premium files from a premium service such as Envato Elements.
Not only does Envato Elements give you unlimited access to hundreds of PowerPoint templates premium files, but you also gain access to many other helpful design elements as well such as stock photos, WordPress themes, vector graphics and more. Your Envato Elements subscription even gets you access to over 1,000 Tuts+ video courses.
Here's a peek at just some of the PowerPoint slide templates you'll find on Envato Elements:
Now let's take a look at some of our best premium PPT templates:
1. The Elegant
You'll love the classic design of this clean template that makes it ideal for corporate use. The Elegant PowerPoint template features 1034 total slides (94 main slides) in 11 premade color schemes. The template includes an eye-catching PowerPoint cover designs slide with an equally attractive About us slide. It also includes 16 photoshop mockups and six leather icons. Get started quickly with the included user's manual.
The Passion Presentation template boasts a clean, modern design that's perfectly suited to many different uses. There are over 120 different PowerPoint slide designs, including some of the popular designs for slides. You'll find several bio profile page slide designs, a timeline slide design, mockup mobile phone slides, and much more! The template is based on a free font for ease of use.
The Untouch template gives you plenty of PowerPoint Slide template options, including some of the slide types we mentioned above such as an infographic slide, a timeline slide template, an About us slide, and more. Also included:
- over 20 color themes
- more than 3430 slides
- multiple aspect rations (16:9, 4:3, A4)
- a help guide file
- and much more!
Use this template to run your next corporate meeting, make your next sales pitch, or for a personal or educational project. This PPT template with a modern style is super-easy to use. Work right in PowerPoint to drag and drop your images into the slide templates. It's also based on system fonts, so there's no need to download additional fonts. Choose between over 58 different PowerPoint slide designs.
Here's minimalist PowerPoint slide template that's suitable for a wide variety of uses. The crisp, attractive design gives the presentation a professional feel. Choose between 100 different slides. The template also features animation and transition.
This easy-to-use template design is based on free fonts. And you'll get a help guide file to help you get started quickly and smoothly.
Envato Elements (Design Without Limits)
Envato Elements has a single compelling (all inclusive) offer:
Sign up for Envato Elements and you get access to thousands of unique graphics and the coolest design assets (with unlimited use), from stylish site themes, powerful video files, to PowerPoint premium templates, and more—all for one low price.
That’s right! Download as many creative templates and graphics as you want, then customize them to fit any of your project needs.
While Envato Elements is a powerful option, if you prefer to buy new premium PPT templates one at a time, check out the PowerPoint premium templates selection from our GraphicRiver marketplace below.
5 More Premium PowerPoint Templates (GraphicRiver)
You'll save time by not having to design your own PPT slide designs with these top-notch professional PowerPoint slide templates. Each one is ready-to-go, just add your own information and images and you're set.
Browse through these five PowerPoint templates premium from GraphicRiver to find the stylish design that's just right for your needs.
The Verzus template is to use with drag & drop ready slides. Choose from 350 unique slides. Here's what our customers say about this one:
"Great slides, works well w. photos to tell a story."
"I’m just loving these slides! They took my output to a whole new level of professionalism and creativity. The response to my questions was super-fast and the follow up super friendly. Thank you for your creativity and service. Such great value."
The Influencer PowerPoint Presentation Template is one of our top-rated popular templates. The sleek and professional looking design will help you make a positive impression. This PPT slide template comes with over 200 unique slides, including animations. You'll also get over 500 ready-to-use vector icons. There's even a clickable table of contents, making this a great option for online presentations.
Make a positive impact using the Eureka PowerPoint slide template. The template uses a clean, bold design to highlight your ideas and images. Showcase your team on the bio profile slide, use the timeline to plan you next project, or share your data visually using one of the many charts and diagrams. This PowerPoint template also fast and free support that's available around the clock.
If you like options, the Holds PPT template may be right for you. You'll get most of the popular types of PowerPoint slide template designs we mentioned above. Plus, this easy-to-customize, top-notch PowerPoint slide template set also includes:
- over 570 unique slides
- 14 different color themes
- 25 vector maps
- 1000+ vector icons
- and much more!
The Massive X Presentation Template comes with over 300 unique PPT slides and has more than 15 color variations. Customers love this fully animated PowerPoint template system and you will too. Here's some of what our customers have to say:
"Great product, high quality very flexible"
"Love all the animation and effects"
"Excellent templates and moreover, great service !!!
Thanks a lot.
It was a very good deal!!!"
20 Premium PPT Templates Free Download
If you're just starting your business or if you don't have any kind of budget, you may be considering one of the premium PPT templates free download that are available.
Free templates can seem like a good deal and there are many free slide templates available for PowerPoint but be aware that some free templates are limited in the number of slide designs they offer. Also, free slide templates for PowerPoint may not include any kind of support or help. If you run into trouble, you'll be on your own.
Still, sometimes "gratis" is all you can afford. With that in mind, we've provided you with a list of useful premium PPT templates free download.
Sources for the best free "gratis" PowerPoint slide templates downloads on this list include:
Here's a list of over twenty of the best free PowerPoint templates we could find:
1. Bassett Presentation Template. Here's a slide Power Point gratis template with 25 different slides including a customizable slide with an icon family. The customizable design is minimal and modern.
2. Sales Training Presentation. This PowerPoint template from Microsoft Office is designed specifically for training salespeople, but it could be adapted for other needs as well.
3. Timeline Diagram for PowerPoint. Need a timeline PowerPoint slide template? Here's a timeline slide available in a light or dark layout. It's also based on free system fonts: Helvetica and Calibri.
4. Vector Money Icon Dollar Template. This template includes a PowerPoint cover designs slide with dollar signs on it. There are also two matching slide templates that are great for using to create the body of your presentation.
5. Carrot Shape PowerPoint Template. This PowerPoint template features an illustration of a carrot. This could work well for slideshows about gardening, cooking, or dieting.
6. Wart Presentation Template. This fully editable PowerPoint template features a design made up of triangles. You'll get a total of 25 different slides with this free download.
One of the most popular PowerPoint slide designs that people look for is a timeline. This unique timeline slide uses the imagery of a road to convey the concept of progress along the timeline.
8. Doughnut Diagram with 8 Parts for PowerPoint. This circular infographic is roughly donut shape. There's space for eight items. Choose between standard or widescreen slide design.
9. Vintage Typewriter on Wooden Table PowerPoint Templates. Here's a slide template with a vintage look and feel. You'll get a PowerPoint cover designs slide and two additional slide designs.
10. Brain PowerPoint Template for Problem Solving Presentations. This slide Power Point gratis features a donut-shaped pie chart super-imposed over the profile of a head.
Here's a very realistic slide design that actually looks like paper, photos, and post-it notes taped to wood. Choose between over 25 different PowerPoint slide designs.
12. Business Plan Presentation. This Microsoft PowerPoint slide template set was created for presenting a business plan. It includes matching slide designs for the body of the presentation as well.
13. Iceberg Diagram for PowerPoint. This eye-catching iceberg illustration could be a good way to introduce hidden problems. This template features completely editable shapes.
14. World Map on Hands. This unique slide template has a PowerPoint cover designs slide with a world map painted on a pair of hands. You'll also get two templates for slides in the body of your presentation.
This slide Power Point gratis is based on puzzle pieces. You'll get a red version and a blue version of a PowerPoint cover designs slide and a background slide.
16. Helicanus Presentation Template. There are 25 different slides in this free presentation template, including many popular slide designs such as maps, charts, and tables.
17. Snowscape Presentation. Here's an attractive free PowerPoint slide template based on wintry background scenes. The template has 11 different slides including a chart and table.
18. 4-Part Table Diagram for PowerPoint. Use this useful four-part table to illustrate four different ideas, four plans, or even four different dates.
19. Notebook, Pen and Mobile Phone PowerPoint Templates. This modern PowerPoint template features versatile black and white backgrounds. You'll get a PowerPoint cover designs slide and two background slides.
20. 3D Timeline Template for PowerPoint with Arrow. Here's another free PowerPoint slide template with another take on a timeline. In this case, the timeline is depicted as a 3D arrow.
This widescreen Microsoft PowerPoint slide template is a professional-looking presentation template that includes 14 different useful slide designs, one of which is an org chart.
5 Types of Powerful PowerPoint PPT Slide Designs
Every PowerPoint presentation exists to support the speaker or designer. The best slide designs are ones that empower good communication and give you the confidence you need to nail your presentation.
The best PPT slides are ones that do just that. In this section, let's look at five types of powerful PowerPoint slide designs. I'll use the premium Enjoy PowerPoint template to show five types of slides in many templates that are powerful.
1. The Timeline Slide
Timelines are powerful slide designs because they link events together. Everyone loves a good "origin story" that paints the portrait of a rise to success. Great presentations take the audience on a journey and a timeline is one slide design that does that.
Use timeline PowerPoint slide designs to show a path. It's a powerful storytelling tool that can not only tell the history, but also pave the way for the future.
2. The Team Slide
Behind every great presentation is an equally great team. Powerful PowerPoint slide templates showcase the team members and describe their contributions to their team.
Sharing your team is one of my most popular PowerPoint slide design suggestions. When you show the people that contribute, you've got the opportunity to introduce why your team is the right one to join or invest in. Even better, consider giving each of them a speaking role to really "put a name with a face" in your next presentation.
3. The Mockup Slide
This slide design for PowerPoint won't apply to each and every presentation, but it's a must for app-based businesses.
Using a device mockup slide is all about helping your potential user or customer picture the app in action. When they can see the app on a real-life screen, they'll imagine using it to solve their problems. It's a powerful sales tool that can drive buying behaviors.
4. The Data Growth Slide
No matter what type of data you're working with, showing trends over time can tell a story about the situation. The best way to show that is with a chart or graph. Use one axis to plot data, and another to show how it evolves over time.
Use a slide design with a chart or graph to track a trend over time. Describing how a situation has changed over time (like user growth or cost savings) can serve as a powerful storytelling tool to describe your impact.
5. The Process Slide
Process slides help you explain complex tasks. Breaking it down into multiple steps that come together to form something great is a powerful storytelling tool.
Even the most complicated systems are made up of many smaller steps. When you're pitching an audience on a potential project or service, showing the individual tasks give you a chance to explain your team's way of working.
Try a slide design for PPT that includes a process view. It helps your audience see how parts of complex processes fit together and where you can add value.
The 5 Benefits of Using Premium PowerPoint Slide Design Templates (In 2019)
In this round-up, you saw a combination of PowerPoint slide templates, including PowerPoint slide designs that were free and others that were paid.
If you're weight a template for PPT that's gratis (free), you might be wondering why you should spend on a premium template. Here are five reasons that premium PowerPoint slide templates deserve your consideration:
More design variety. Free templates are an upgrade versus Microsoft's options, but are still relatively limited. Alternatively, premium PowerPoint templates typically have hundreds of slide designs to mix and match.
- Presentation ideas included. Free templates are usually more sparse and include only slide placeholders to fill in. Premium templates are basically ready-to-use presentations with hundreds of inspirational slide designs.
- More research time and better presentations. The secret sauce of using premium slide designs for PowerPoint is that it frees your time up. That time can be re-allocated to research and preparation, ultimately leading to a better presentation.
- Quality control. When you choose a template from a source like Envato Elements, moderators and quality control teams have already screened the items. That means that the template you'll download is already polished and ready for use.
- Easy licensing. Some free templates will use elements that aren't actually cleared for usage. I've worked with free templates in the past that had unlicensed stock imagery or graphics that could leave the user open to copyright issues when presenting.
Don't forget that PowerPoint slide templates from premium sources are differentiated. They've been carefully selected to save you more time while building your next PowerPoint presentation.
Unlimited PPT Slide Designs on Envato Elements
The best source for premium PowerPoint templates is Envato Elements, the all-you-can-download service for creatives. In a single subscription, you'll gain access to thousands of PowerPoint templates. Each incremental PPT template is gratis, thanks to Elements' licensing model.
Sign up for Envato Elements and you get access to thousands of unlimited use graphics and templates, from web themes to presentation templates, and more—all for one low price.
Learn All About Making Great Presentations (With PowerPoint)
Now that you know where to find PowerPoint slide template downloads, free and premium, you're on your way to creating an eye-catching slideshow that'll set your presentation apart. Plus, don't forget that you can use the right PowerPoint slides to help bolster your organization's brand.
If you can afford it, you should consider using one of the professional Microsoft PowerPoint templates available for purchase on Envato Elements and GraphicRiver to get the best presentation results. Otherwise, you can get one of the many PowerPoint templates free downloads that are available online.
Download Our (Free) eBook on Making Great Presentations
Another way to improve your presentation is to learn more about how to make a good presentation. To do that, you can grab our eBook: The Complete Guide to Making Great Presentations. It's available to download for Free with a subscription to the Tuts+ Business Newsletter.
The eBook will help walk you through the complete presentation process. Learn how to write your presentation, design it like a pro, and prepare it to present powerfully.
Learn More About How to Work With PowerPoint
You can also work through our PowerPoint tutorial guide to learn more about using it's toolset:
- Microsoft PowerPointHow to Learn PowerPoint Quickly (Complete Beginner's Guide)Andrew Childress
- Microsoft PowerPointHow to Make PPT Slide Layouts in Microsoft PowerPointAndrew Childress
- Microsoft PowerPointHow to Edit Slide Background Graphics Using PowerPointAndrew Childress
Choose the Perfect PowerPoint (PPT) Slides Design for Your Needs
We've just reviewed some of the most popular slide designs used in presentations. We've also looked at how premium PowerPoint templates from Envato Elements or Envato Market (GraphicRiver) can help you create a better presentation. Finally, I've included a list of over 20 different free PowerPoint slide templates. Good luck with your presentation!
Editorial Note: Our staff updates this post regularly—adding new premium PowerPoint template PPT slides with the best, trending designs.