What do you do when you see a great job come open, but you don't have your resume ready and up-to-date?
Every job posting has an expiration date attached to it, so time is always of the essence! If you're an InDesign user, you should start with InDesign templates resume so that you can jump ahead in the design process and rapidly prepare to apply.
Adobe InDesign still has a foothold as one of the best design tools for its ease-of-use and unparalleled design options. Still, it helps if you've got InDesign templates resume that have placeholders for your details that you can update. Just open up the InDesign CV template, swap the placeholders for your details, and you'll be ready to apply in no time.
In this round-up, we're going to review InDesign templates resume. We'll view some premium InDesign CV template files by Envato Elements and GraphicRiver for the best possible designs, as well as free InDesign CV templates. Let's take a look!
Why Choose Premium InDesign CV Templates?
Every job posting is going to receive more applicants than jobs available. Therefore, you have to find ways to stand out. Every time I coach others on resume design, I always stress the importance of a typo-free, visually appealing resume.
There are free InDesign resume templates out there, sure. But they take time to sift through and choose the ones that fit your style. When you go with a premium InDesign CV template, you take the quickest route to developing your resume in a professional way.
The thing about using templates is this: they already have everything you need on the template. If you struggle with job resumes, you should definitely use an In Design CV template because of the placeholders on them. Just type over the placeholders with your personalized details and you'll be ready to apply in no time.
Best InDesign Resume Templates on Envato Elements
If you want the broadest variety of resume templates for a single flat price, you just can't beat the value of Envato Elements. This is an all-you-can-download service that I wish existed years ago when I started as a freelancer.
Not only does Elements include a ton of templates CV InDesign, it has other creative assets like stock photos, WordPress templates, presentation templates, and so much more.
Use any of these Elements templates CV InDesign, add your own details, and submit your resume. Before you know it, you might be getting a call back on your next big break.
5 Top InDesign Resume Templates
Here are a handful of our best and most popular InDesign resume templates from Envato Elements. Remember that they're all included when you try out Envato Elements!
Arieta is the perfect type of CV In Design CV template for acquainting the hiring manager with who you are personally. The profile photo placeholder and brief bio section give you a chance to put your best foot forward and share your background.
- Includes a cover letter for a chance to introduce yourself personally
- Icon sets to easily signal key details
- CMYK color and 300-dpi for easy printing
Bold and eye-catching, this is the type of resume that's sure to require a second look from a hiring manager. I love the balance of the center column's light-colored design and the bold and dark rightmost column for your details.
- InDesign CV template included, along with Microsoft Word and Photoshop templates
- 2-color templates included for alternate views on your credentials
- cover letter included for a matching design style for your personalized introduction
Some resumes are neutral and work well for every possible job opportunity. This resume isn't one of them, and there's nothing wrong with that.
The CV Resume Portfolio available via Envato Elements is a bold design choice that I could see working nicely for a job in the creative space. This is more like a full design portfolio book with plenty of space to show your best work and top projects.
I can't say enough for including a cover letter when you apply for an important job. It gives you a chance to set yourself apart by writing a personalized introduction.
It's even better if your cover letter matches your resume. That's why this In Design CV template is one that's worth checking out.
Less is more is one of my favorite ideas in all of design, and this resume fits the bill perfectly. Sometimes, designers forget about whitespace when designing and that it's one of the most useful ways to keep a resume readable, but this one doesn't. This minimalist approach ensures that the application reviewer will get to know you quickly.
- print-ready thanks to A4 sizing and CMYK palette
- easy-to-update graphics to show your top skills
- cover letter template included complementing the resume
Envato Elements has a single compelling (all inclusive) offer:
Sign up for Envato Elements and you get access to thousands of creative graphics and templates (with unlimited use), from InDesign Resume Templates to royalty free audio tracks, and more—all for one low price.
That’s right! Download as many creative templates, graphics and royalty free audio as you want, then customize them to fit any of your project needs.
While Envato Elements is a powerful option, if you prefer to buy an InDesign template one at a time (instead of getting unlimited access to hundreds of creative designs), check out the selection from our Envato Market below.
8 Premium Templates to Download Now From Graphic River
We got you covered if you need to buy InDesign resume templates one at a time, in our InDesign resume templates from GraphicRiver category, which is part of Envato Market. Purchase and download one and update it rapidly when you need to apply for your next role.
Here are eight of my favorite InDesign resume choices from GraphicRiver:
The Visual InDesign resume template is ideal for creative individuals who need to showcase their work in a portfolio page along with their resume. This template comes not only with a portfolio page, but also has an image page and matching cover letter. Let your past work speak for itself and help present better opportunities for you. A subtle use of colors helps you create a resume that'll stand out from the other.
Keep your resume clean, simple, creative and professional. This professional resume template has eight different color variations with easy texts replacement. If you fear that employers don’t quite read every single word on anyone’s resume, this template is ideal for you because the different color highlights help the reader focus on the important bit. This template also comes with a portfolio page to highlight your past projects and a matching cover letter.
If you've got a lengthy list of skills you want to showcase, this option might be right up your alley. I like the skills sections in this resume template as a way to quantify where your core strengths lie.
- Includes free fonts for low "total cost of use"
- A4 print size and CMYK color scheme has it print-ready as soon as you download it
- Easy-to-customize skills section puts your top strengths in front of a reviewer
With a placeholder for your profile picture and several color schemes, this is a resume template that you can use to get ahead in your application process. As is the case with many choices in this round-up, just drop in your details, and you'll be ready to submit in no time.
The bold, sans-serif typography in this resume is enough to make an impact without overwhelming a reviewer. A clean design like this helps the reviewer focus on the details at hand instead of the design itself.
- Word and InDesign templates included
- free fonts used
- CMYK color scheme and 300-dpi ready for printing
Simple and straightforward, this InDesign resume template is one of the easiest ways to skip ahead in the resume-building process.
A cover letter and CV combination make it easy to tell a cohesive story about your career experiences. Try this professional approach out to bring a sense of style to your job application.
This InDesign resume bundle comes packed with six different templates to fit all your needs. It's a perfect bundle if you're looking to create a single page resume and have a matching cover letter as well. With these appropriate infographics, turn a lengthy resume into an easy to digest and visually appealing document that you'll be proud to hand out to potential employers.
23 InDesign Resume Template Free Download Files
Premium templates have a lot going for them, sure. Between the support, documentation, and quality, I think it usually makes sense to splurge on an Elements subscription or purchase something from Envato Market.
But, maybe you're between jobs and are tight on your budget. In that case, I've spent some time scouring the web for the free InDesign CV templates that you can use to design a resume on a non-existent budget.
1. High END CV InDesign Free. A minimalist, free InDesign resume template like this one works well in InDesign for focusing on your details and not on the design itself.
2. Clean Styled Free InDesign Resume Templates Pack. Here's another "less is more" option. A simple splash of color and plenty of whitespaces keeps this free resume InDesign template readable.
3. Timeline Style Free Resume InDesign Template. We've looked at other options with a timeline that connects your work history, but this one has a price tag that makes it a standout!
4. Vita CV InDesign Free. Here's another timeline-like resume that also includes an opportunity for a CV page to introduce yourself with.
5. Colorblock InDesign CV Template Free. Straight from Adobe, this is one of the best free InDesign resume templates in our selection. This resume feels professionally designed and refined to make an impact on a hiring manager.
6. Infographic Free Resume InDesign Template. Infographics help you tell visual stories with your data, and this CV InDesign free template is a great way to marry your career experiences with a personalized history.
7. Personal CV InDesign Free Template. Notice that this free resume InDesign template is a text-only approach, and that gives you a chance to focus on your story. Without a lot of experience, you can target the text on your background and what qualifies you.
8. Personal InDesign Resume Template Free Download. Simple and to the point, this resume uses more icons and graphics to showcase your credentials.
9. Clean Interactive InDesign CV Template Free. A robust two column approach is an excellent way to contrast your personal and professional details.
10. Black And White - Free InDesign Resume Templates. A black and white, contrasting resume like this one will naturally draw the reviewer's eye to your accolades.
11. Typographic InDesign Resume Template Free Download. Love typography? This free CV template InDesign might be the perfect choice for a design job.
12. Business Card and Resume InDesign Template Free. For a bit of extra value with this free CV template InDesign, a matching business card will pair nicely with your resume at a job fair.
13. Bright InDesign Resume Template Free Download. A touch of bright color and placeholders for your details makes this an easy template to update.
14. Mockup InDesign CV Template Free. I like the numbered sections on this resume as a way to walk the reviewer through the sequential steps in your career.
15. Mockup II - InDesign Resume Template Free Download. Yet another example of the timeline approach, I love the brief but bold splashes of color on this free CV template InDesign.
16. Simple InDesign CV Template Free. Simple and professional, the typography on this resume is just enough to act as a bold advocate for your career experiences.
17. Creative Resume Template InDesign Free. With a bit of texture and imagery around the edges, drop in your favorite texture to customize this creative resume.
18. Basic Resume InDesign Template Free. Light and airy, the Basic Resume InDesign template free is designed to make an impact on a reader with a few key details and easy-to-read text.
19. Multipurpose Resume Template InDesign Free. Simple and straightforward as you can see in the preview below, use the image placeholder to introduce yourself to a hiring manager.
20. FREE CV Template InDesign. Bright and colorful, this free CV template InDesign is ideal for a bold job application for design-centric jobs.
21. Vertical Resume Template InDesign Free. Including a cover letter that matches the style of a resume makes this choice worth checking out.
22. Creative Resume InDesign Template Free. The complement of blue and orange in this free resume template InDesign free makes this job application eye-catching, but doesn't sacrifice readability in the process.
23. Simple CV InDesign Free. Rounding out our selection, here's another simple choice with some graphic flair to help your resume stand out.
Use the Right InDesign CV Templates to Create a Powerful Resume
In this round-up, I shared some of my favorite free and premium InDesign resume templates. Using a template makes perfect sense to fill out your job application more quickly and professionally than the alternatives. Browse our wide-selection of InDesign CV templates for 2019 from Envato Elements, or GraphicRiver and grab the ones that’s right for you. Now, go fill out one of these and land that dream job!
Editorial Note: Our staff updates this post regularly—adding InDesign resume templates with the best, creative and professional designs.