What do you do when you see a great job, but you don't have your resume ready and up-to-date?
Every job posting has an expiration date attached to it, so time is always of the essence! If you're an InDesign user, start with an InDesign templates resume to jump ahead in the design process and rapidly prepare to apply.
Adobe InDesign still has a foothold as one of the best design tools for its ease-of-use and unparalleled design options. Still, it helps if you've got InDesign templates resume that's got placeholders for your details that you can update. Just open up the InDesign CV template, swap the placeholders for your details, and you'll be ready to apply in no time.
In this round-up, we're going to review InDesign templates resume. We'll view some premium InDesign CV template files by Envato Elements and GraphicRiver for the best possible designs, as well as free InDesign CV templates. Let's take a look!
Why Choose Premium InDesign CV Templates?
Every job posting will receive more applicants than there are jobs available. Therefore, you've got to find ways to stand out. Every time I coach others on resume design, I always stress the importance of a typo-free, visually appealing resume.
There are free InDesign resume templates out there, sure. But they take time to sift through and choose the ones that fit your style. When you go with a premium InDesign CV template, you take the quickest route to developing your resume in a professional way.
The thing about using templates is this: they already have everything you need on the template. If you struggle with job resumes, you should definitely use an InDesign CV template because of the placeholders on them. Just type over the placeholders with your personalized details and you'll be ready to apply in no time.
Best InDesign Resume Templates on Envato Elements
If you want the broadest variety of InDesign resume templates for a single flat price, you just can't beat the value of Envato Elements. This is an all-you-can-download service that I wish existed years ago when I started as a freelancer.
Not only does Elements include a ton of templates for CVs InDesign, it's got other creative assets like stock photos, WordPress templates, presentation templates, and so much more.
Professionally designed premium InDesign CV templates are generally better than a free InDesign resume download. A premium resume or CV template uses the best InDesign features and can save you tons of work as you make your resume.
Use any of these Elements templates to create a CV InDesign, add your own details, and submit your resume. Before you know it, you might be getting a call back on your next big break.
5 Top Premium InDesign Resume Templates
Here are a handful of our best and most popular premium InDesign resume templates from Envato Elements. Remember that they're all included when you try out Envato Elements!
Arieta is the perfect type of CV In Design CV template for acquainting the hiring manager with who you are personally. The profile photo placeholder and brief bio section give you a chance to put your best foot forward and share your background.
- includes a cover letter for a chance to introduce yourself personally
- icon sets to easily signal key details
- CMYK color and 300-dpi for easy printing
Bold and eye-catching, this is the type of resume that's sure to require a second look from a hiring manager. I love the balance of the center column's light-colored design and the bold and dark rightmost column for your details.
- InDesign CV template included, along with Microsoft Word and Photoshop templates
- 2-color templates included for alternate views on your credentials
- cover letter included for a matching design style for your personalized introduction
Some resumes are neutral and work well for every possible job opportunity. This resume isn't one of them, and there's nothing wrong with that.
The CV Resume Portfolio available via Envato Elements is a bold design choice that I could see working nicely for a job in the creative space. This is more like a full design portfolio book with plenty of space to show your best work and top projects.
I can't say enough for including a cover letter when you apply for an important job. It gives you a chance to set yourself apart by writing a personalized introduction.
It's even better if your cover letter matches your resume. That's why this In Design CV template is one that's worth checking out.
Less is more is one of my favorite ideas in all of design, and this resume fits the bill perfectly. Sometimes, designers forget about white space when designing and that it's one of the most useful ways to keep a resume readable, but this one doesn't. This minimalist approach ensures that the application reviewer will get to know you quickly.
- print-ready thanks to A4 sizing and CMYK palette
- easy-to-update graphics to show your top skills
- cover letter template included complementing the resume
Envato Elements has a single compelling (all inclusive) offer:
Sign up for Envato Elements and you get access to thousands of creative graphics and resume InDesign templates (with unlimited use), from InDesign Resume Templates to royalty free audio tracks, and more—all for one low price.
That’s right! Download as many creative templates, graphics and royalty free audio as you want, then customize them to fit any of your project needs.
While Envato Elements is a powerful option, if you prefer to buy an InDesign template one at a time (instead of getting unlimited access to hundreds of creative designs), check out the selection from our Envato Market below.
8 Premium Templates to Download Now From Graphic River
We got you covered if you need to buy InDesign resume templates one at a time, in our InDesign resume templates from GraphicRiver category, which is part of Envato Market. Purchase and download one and update it rapidly when you need to apply for your next role.
12+ InDesign Resume Templates from GraphicRiver
Here are over a dozen of my favorite InDesign resume choices from GraphicRiver:
With Myeera InDesign resume template you get four color options to choose between for your color scheme. You also get a light version and a dark version. There are eight pages in this Adobe resume template that make it easy to add as much as you need in your resume. This resume has a professional and creative design.
This resume template is a simple and classic resume. This resume comes with a skills section so that you can illustrate how much of an expert you are. Along with a skills section you get an awards section to show off that other people have noticed your skills and hard work. You can easily edit this template and change the color to fit your needs.
This Resume template comes with a business card template so that you can connect with people everywhere you go. Along with the color version of this Adobe resume template, it comes with a black and white version too. This resume has a strengths section, a place to put links to your social media or your website, a skills section, and a hobby section. This ensures that you tell the employer everything they need to know about you.
The Visual InDesign resume template is ideal for creative individuals who need to showcase their work in a portfolio page along with their resume. This template comes not only with a portfolio page, but also has an image page and matching cover letter. Let your past work speak for itself and help present better opportunities for you. A subtle use of colors helps you create a resume that'll stand out from the other.
Keep your resume clean, simple, creative and professional. This professional resume template has eight different color variations with easy texts replacement. If you fear that employers don’t quite read every single word on anyone’s resume, this template is ideal for you because the different color highlights help the reader focus on the important bit. This template also comes with a portfolio page to highlight your past projects and a matching cover letter.
If you've got a lengthy list of skills you want to showcase, this option might be right up your alley. I like the skills sections in this Adobe resume template as a way to quantify where your core strengths lie.
- includes free fonts for low "total cost of use"
- A4 print size and CMYK color scheme has it print-ready as soon as you download it
- easy-to-customize skills section puts your top strengths in front of a reviewer
With a placeholder for your profile picture and several color schemes, this is a resume template that you can use to get ahead in your application process. As is the case with many choices in this round-up, just drop in your details, and you'll be ready to submit in no time.
The bold, sans-serif typography in this resume is enough to make an impact without overwhelming a reviewer. A clean design like this helps the reviewer focus on the details at hand instead of the design itself.
- Word and InDesign templates included
- free fonts used
- CMYK color scheme and 300-dpi ready for printing
Simple and straightforward, this InDesign resume template is one of the easiest ways to skip ahead in the resume-building process.
A cover letter and CV combination make it easy to tell a cohesive story about your career experiences. Try this professional approach out to bring a sense of style to your job application.
This InDesign resume bundle comes packed with six different templates to fit all your needs. It's a perfect bundle if you're looking to create a single page resume and have a matching cover letter as well. With these appropriate infographics, turn a lengthy resume into an easy to digest and visually appealing document that you'll be proud to hand out to potential employers.
This Adobe resume template comes with four different color schemes so you can choose which color fits with your needs. There's a language section so if you're bilingual you can show that off with this resume. This resume has a modern design that's still professional. The color scheme adds a pop of color. This template can be easily edited.
13. Simple Resume
This resume is simple and professional. There's a knowledge and skills section so you can show your future employer that you're right for the job. Everything in this resume is in column which looks nice and organized. It's also easier to read so that the hiring manager can easily read your resume.
23 InDesign Resume Template Free Download Files
Premium templates have a lot going for them, sure. Between the support, documentation, and quality, I think it usually makes sense to splurge on an Elements subscription or purchase something from Envato Market.
But, maybe you're between jobs and are tight on your budget. In that case, I've spent some time scouring the web for the free InDesign CV templates that you can use to design a resume on a non-existent budget.
1. High END CV InDesign Free. A minimalist, free InDesign resume template like this one works well in InDesign for focusing on your details and not on the design itself.
2. Clean Styled Free InDesign Resume Templates Pack. Here's another "less is more" option. A simple splash of color and plenty of whitespaces keeps this free resume InDesign template readable.
3. Timeline Style Free Resume InDesign Template. We've looked at other options with a timeline that connects your work history, but this one has a price tag that makes it a standout!
4. Vita CV InDesign Free. Here's another timeline-like resume that also includes an opportunity for a CV page to introduce yourself with.
5. Colorblock InDesign CV Template Free. Straight from Adobe, this is one of the best free InDesign resume templates in our selection. This resume feels professionally designed and refined to make an impact on a hiring manager.
6. Infographic Free Resume InDesign Template. Infographics help you tell visual stories with your data, and this CV InDesign free template is a great way to marry your career experiences with a personalized history.
7. Personal CV InDesign Free Template. Notice that this free resume InDesign template is a text-only approach, and that gives you a chance to focus on your story. Without a lot of experience, you can target the text on your background and what qualifies you.
8. Personal InDesign Resume Template Free Download. Simple and to the point, this resume uses more icons and graphics to showcase your credentials.
9. Clean Interactive InDesign CV Template Free. A robust two column approach is an excellent way to contrast your personal and professional details.
10. Black And White - Free InDesign Resume Templates. A black and white, contrasting resume like this one will naturally draw the reviewer's eye to your accolades.
11. Typographic InDesign Resume Template Free Download. Love typography? This free CV template InDesign might be the perfect choice for a design job.
12. Business Card and Resume InDesign Template Free. For a bit of extra value with this free CV template InDesign, a matching business card will pair nicely with your resume at a job fair.
13. Bright InDesign Resume Template Free Download. A touch of bright color and placeholders for your details makes this an easy template to update.
14. Mockup InDesign CV Template Free. I like the numbered sections on this resume as a way to walk the reviewer through the sequential steps in your career.
15. Mockup II - InDesign Resume Template Free Download. Yet another example of the timeline approach, I love the brief but bold splashes of color on this free CV template InDesign.
16. Simple InDesign CV Template Free. Simple and professional, the typography on this resume is just enough to act as a bold advocate for your career experiences.
17. Creative Resume Template InDesign Free. With a bit of texture and imagery around the edges, drop in your favorite texture to customize this creative resume.
18. Basic Resume InDesign Template Free. Light and airy, the Basic Resume InDesign template free is designed to make an impact on a reader with a few key details and easy-to-read text.
19. Multipurpose Resume Template InDesign Free. Simple and straightforward as you can see in the preview below, use the image placeholder to introduce yourself to a hiring manager.
20. FREE CV Template InDesign. Bright and colorful, this free CV template InDesign is ideal for a bold job application for design-centric jobs.
21. Vertical Resume Template InDesign Free. Including a cover letter that matches the style of a resume makes this choice worth checking out.
22. Creative Resume InDesign Template Free. The complement of blue and orange in this free resume template InDesign free makes this job application eye-catching but doesn't sacrifice readability in the process.
23. Simple CV InDesign Free. Rounding out our selection, here's another simple choice with some graphic flair to help your resume stand out.
5 InDesign Resume Tips
If you're using an Adobe InDesign resume template to create your resume, you've already got a head start on creating your best resume. You'll want to follow the tips below to make sure that your resume is as professional as it can be.
1. Don't Overcrowd
If you add too much to a resume it could cause people not to want to read it. Keep it simple when deciding on what to put on your resume. When you do decide what to put on your resume, tailor the information to fit the job you're applying to. This lets the hiring manager know that you really want the job. When using a template, stick to the section they've got and don't add new sections unless absolutely necessary.
2. Remain Professional
When putting together a resume using Adobe InDesign, make sure to use an easy to read font. You don't want a hiring manager to pick up your resume and not be able to read it. It also looks unprofessional if you use a font that's not easy to read. When choosing a font size, stick to a size that's not too small and not too big.
3. Highlight Your Achievements
List three or four of your most recent achievements. This shows the hiring manager that not only do you work hard, but that other people have recognized your hard work. By highlighting your achievements you're setting yourself apart from the other people by showing off your experience. Achievements can also include official recognition for your skills.
4. Proofread Your Resume
Proofread your resume and try to find any errors. Once you've proofread your resume, get someone else to proofread your resume as well. This ensures that there's no embarrassing spelling or grammar errors that you've overlooked. When your resume has no spelling or grammar errors it not only looks professional but can be less distracting. If a hiring manager gets resume that's full of spelling and grammar errors, they may assume you're sloppy and not even read it.
5. Tailor Your Resume to the Job
Cater everything on your resume InDesign template to the job you're applying to. When adding job experience only include job experience on your resume that's relevant to the job you're applying to. If the company that you're applying to is a creative company, then use a creative template. If the company you're applying to isn't creative, then use a clean and simple template. You can also research what the company colors are and match your resume color scheme to the company's color scheme. This shows the hiring manager that you'll fit in with the company. It also shows the hiring manager that you're excited about the job.
Use the Right InDesign CV Templates to Create a Powerful Resume
In this round-up, I shared some of my favorite free and premium InDesign resume templates. Using an Adobe resume template makes perfect sense to fill out your job application more quickly and professionally than the alternatives. Browse our wide-selection of InDesign CV templates for 2019 from Envato Elements or GraphicRiver and grab the one that’s right for you. Now, go fill out one of these and land that dream job!
Editorial Note: Our staff updates this post regularly—adding InDesign resume templates with the best, creative and professional designs.