What do you do when you see a great job come open, but you don't have your resume ready and up-to-date?
Every job posting has an expiration date attached to it, so time is always of the essence! If you're an InDesign user, you should start with an InDesign resume template so that you can jump ahead in the design process and rapidly prepare to apply.
Adobe InDesign still has a foothold as one of the best design tools for its ease-of-use and unparalleled design options. Still, it helps if you've got a template that has placeholders for your details that you can update. Just open up the template, swap the placeholders for your details, and you'll be ready to apply in no time.
In this round-up, we're going to review InDesign resume templates. We'll view some premium templates for the best possible designs, as well as free InDesign templates. Let's take a look!
Why Choose Premium InDesign Resume Templates?
Every job posting is going to receive more applicants than jobs available. Therefore, you have to find ways to stand out. Every time I coach others on resume design, I always stress the importance of a typo-free, visually appealing resume.
There are free templates out there, sure. But they take time to sift through and choose the ones that fit your style. When you go with a premium resume template, you take the quickest route to developing your resume in a professional way.
The thing about using templates is this: they already have everything you need on the template. If you struggle with job resumes, you should definitely use a template because of the placeholders on them. Just type over the placeholders with your personalized details and you'll be ready to apply in no time.
Best InDesign Resume Templates on Envato Elements
If you want the broadest variety of resume templates for a single flat price, you just can't beat the value of Envato Elements. This is an all-you-can-download service that I wish existed years ago when I started as a freelancer.
Not only does Elements include a ton of InDesign resume templates, it has other creative assets like stock photos, WordPress templates, presentation templates, and so much more.
Use any of these Elements Adobe InDesign resume templates, add your own details, and submit your resume. Before you know it, you might be getting a call back on your next big break.
Top InDesign Resume Templates
Here are a handful of our best and most popular InDesign resume templates from Envato Elements. Remember that they're all included when you try out Envato Elements!
Arieta is the perfect type of InDesign resume template for acquainting the hiring manager with who you are personally. The profile photo placeholder and brief bio section give you a chance to put your best foot forward and share your background.
- Includes a cover letter for a chance to introduce yourself personally
- Icon sets to easily signal key details
- CMYK color and 300-dpi for easy printing
Bold and eye-catching, this is the type of resume that is sure to require a second look from a hiring manager. I love the balance of the center column's light-colored design and the bold and dark rightmost column for your details.
- InDesign resume template included, along with Microsoft Word and Photoshop templates
- Two color templates included for alternate views on your credentials
- Cover letter included for a matching design style for your personalized introduction
Some resumes are neutral and work well for every possible job opportunity. This resume isn't one of them, and there's nothing wrong with that.
The CV Resume Portfolio available via Envato Elements is a bold design choice that I could see working nicely for a job in the creative space. This is more like a full design portfolio book with plenty of space to show your best work and top projects.
I can't say enough for including a cover letter when you apply for an important job. It gives you a chance to set yourself apart by writing a personalized introduction.
It's even better if your cover letter matches your resume. That's why this choice is one that's worth checking out.
Less is more is one of my favorite ideas in all of design, and this resume fits the bill perfectly. Sometimes, designers forget about whitespace when designing and that it's one of the most useful ways to keep a resume readable, but this one doesn't. This minimalist approach ensures that the application reviewer will get to know you quickly.
- Print-ready thanks to A4 sizing and CMYK palette
- Easy-to-update graphics to show your top skills
- Cover letter template included complementing the resume
More Premium Templates to Download Now From Graphic River
In addition to the all-you-can-download model, there's also options to buy InDesign resume templates one at a time from GraphicRiver. Purchase and download one and update it rapidly when you need to apply for your next role.
Here are five of my favorite InDesign resume choices from GraphicRiver:
If you've got a lengthy list of skills you want to showcase, this option might be right up your alley. I like the skills sections in this resume template as a way to quantify where your core strengths lie.
- Includes free fonts for low "total cost of use"
- A4 print size and CMYK color scheme has it print-ready as soon as you download it
- Easy-to-customize skills section puts your top strengths in front of a reviewer
With a placeholder for your profile picture and several color schemes, this is a resume template that you can use to get ahead in your application process. As is the case with many choices in this round-up, just drop in your details, and you'll be ready to submit in no time.
The bold, sans-serif typography in this resume is enough to make an impact without overwhelming a reviewer. A clean design like this helps the reviewer focus on the details at hand instead of the design itself.
- Word and InDesign templates included
- Free fonts used
- CMYK color scheme and 300-dpi ready for printing
Simple and straightforward, this InDesign resume template is one of the easiest ways to skip ahead in the resume-building process.
A cover letter and CV combination make it easy to tell a cohesive story about your career experiences. Try this professional approach out to bring a sense of style to your job application.
23 Free Resume Templates for Adobe InDesign
Premium templates have a lot going for them, sure. Between the support, documentation, and quality, I think it usually makes sense to splurge on an Elements subscription or purchase something from Envato Market.
But, maybe you're between jobs and are tight on your budget. In that case, I've spent some time scouring the web for the free InDesign templates that you can use to design a resume on a non-existent budget.
1. High End FREE Resume CV. A free, minimalist resume template like this one works well in InDesign for focusing on your details and not on the design itself.
2. Clean Styled Resume Pack. Here's another "less is more" option. A simple splash of color and plenty of whitespaces keeps this free InDesign template readable.
3. FREE Timeline Style Resume. We've looked at other options with a timeline that connects your work history, but this one has a price tag that makes it a standout!
4. Vita Resume CV. Here's another timeline-like resume that also includes an opportunity for a CV page to introduce yourself with.
5. Colorblock Resume. Straight from Adobe, this is one of the best free InDesign templates in our selection. This resume feels professionally designed and refined to make an impact on a hiring manager.
6. Infographic InDesign Template. Infographics help you tell visual stories with your data, and this resume is a great way to marry your career experiences with a personalized history.
7. Personal InDesign Resume. Notice that this free InDesign Template is a text-only approach, and that gives you a chance to focus on your story. Without a lot of experience, you can target the text on your background and what qualifies you.
8. Personal Resume. Simple and to the point, this resume uses more icons and graphics to showcase your credentials.
9. Clean Interactive Resume. A robust two column approach is an excellent way to contrast your personal and professional details.
10. Free Resume Template / CV. A black and white, contrasting resume like this one will naturally draw the reviewer's eye to your accolades.
11. Typographic Resume Template. Love typography? This free InDesign resume template might be the perfect choice for a design job.
12. Resume and Business Card. For a bit of extra value with this free project, a matching business card will pair nicely with your resume at a job fair.
13. Free - CV Template. A touch of bright color and placeholders for your details makes this an easy template to update.
14. Resume Mockup. I like the numbered sections on this resume as a way to walk the reviewer through the sequential steps in your career.
15. Resume Mockup II. Yet another example of the timeline approach, I love the brief but bold splashes of color on this free InDesign template.
16. Simple Resume Template. Simple and professional, the typography on this resume is just enough to act as a bold advocate for your career experiences.
17. Creative Resume Template. With a bit of texture and imagery around the edges, drop in your favorite texture to customize this creative resume.
18. Basic Resume Template. Light and airy, the Basic Resume template is designed to make an impact on a reader with a few key details and easy-to-read text.
19. Multipurpose Resume Template. Simple and straightforward as you can see in the preview below, use the image placeholder to introduce yourself to a hiring manager.
20. FREE Resume Template. Bright and colorful, this free InDesign template is ideal for a bold job application for design-centric jobs.
21. Vertical Resume Template. Including a cover letter that matches the style of a resume makes this choice worth checking out.
22. Creative InDesign Resume. The complement of blue and orange in this free InDesign resume template makes this job application eye-catching, but doesn't sacrifice readability in the process.
23. Simple InDesign Resume. Rounding out our selection, here's another simple choice with some graphic flair to help your resume stand out.
Use the Right Keynote Templates to Give a Powerful Presentation
In this round-up, I shared some of my favorite free and premium InDesign resume templates. Using a template makes perfect sense to fill out your job application more quickly and professionally than the alternatives. Now, go fill out one of these and land that dream job!