What do you do when you see a great job, but you don't have your resume ready and up-to-date? An InDesign resume can help.
Every job posting has an expiration date attached to it. So, time is always of the essence! If you're an InDesign user, start with an InDesign templates resume to jump ahead in the design process and rapidly prepare to apply. If you're looking for a resume template 2020 style, look no further.
Adobe InDesign still has a foothold as one of the best design tools for its ease-of-use and unparalleled design options. Still, it helps if you've got an InDesign templates resume that's got placeholders for your details that you can update. Just open up the InDesign CV template. Swap the placeholders for your details, and you'll be ready to apply in no time.
In this round-up, we're going to review InDesign templates resume. We'll view some premium InDesign CV template files by Envato Elements and GraphicRiver for the best possible designs, as well as free InDesign CV templates. There are some really nice Adobe InDesign resume template free designs out there. Let's take a look!
Why Choose Premium InDesign CV Templates?
Every job posting will receive more applicants than there are jobs available. So, you've got to find ways to stand out. Every time I coach others on resume design, I always stress the importance of a typo-free, visually appealing resume.
There are free InDesign resume templates out there, sure. But they take time to sift through and choose the ones that fit your style. When you go with a premium InDesign CV template, you take the quickest route to developing your resume in a professional way.
The thing about using templates is this: they already have everything you need on the template. If you struggle with job resumes, you should definitely use an InDesign CV template because of the placeholders on them. Just type over the placeholders with your personalized details. You'll be ready to apply in no time.
Best InDesign Resume Templates on Envato Elements Now and For 2020
If you want the broadest variety of InDesign resume templates for a single flat price, you just can't beat the value of Envato Elements. This is an all-you-can-download service that I wish existed years ago when I started as a freelancer.
Elements includes a ton of templates for CVs InDesign. It's also got other creative assets like stock photos, WordPress templates, presentation templates, and so much more.
Professionally designed premium InDesign CV templates are generally better than a free InDesign resume download. A premium resume or CV template uses the best InDesign features and can save you tons of work as you make your resume. Free doesn't necessarily mean free of extra time investment or free of licensing concerns when you're looking for Adobe InDesign resume templates.
Use any of these Elements templates to create a CV InDesign. Add your own details and submit your resume. Before you know it, you'll be getting a call back on your next big break.
5 Top Premium InDesign Resume Templates
Here are a handful of our best and most popular premium InDesign resume templates from Envato Elements. Remember that they're all included when you try out Envato Elements! That means you can download unlimited InDesign resume templates, without any extra cost.
Arieta is the perfect type of CV In Design CV template for acquainting the hiring manager with who you are personally. The profile photo placeholder and brief bio section give you a chance to put your best foot forward and share your background. The template includes
- a cover letter for a chance to introduce yourself personally
- icon sets to easily signal key details
- CMYK color and 300-dpi for easy printing
Bold and eye-catching, this is the type of resume that's sure to get a second look from a hiring manager. I love the balance of the center column's light-colored design and the bold and dark rightmost column for your details. The package includes:
- InDesign CV template, along with Microsoft Word and Photoshop templates
- two color templates for alternate views on your credentials
- cover letter for a matching design style for your personalized introduction
Some resumes are neutral and work well for every possible job opportunity. This resume isn't one of them, and there's nothing wrong with that. Instead, this cv template INDD takes a bold visual approach.
The CV Resume Portfolio available via Envato Elements is a bold design choice that I could see working nicely for a job in the creative space. This InDesign curriculum template is more like a full design portfolio book with plenty of space to show your best work and top projects.
I can't say enough for including a cover letter when you apply for an important job. It gives you a chance to set yourself apart by writing a personalized introduction. This adobe InDesign CV template delivers on both.
It's even better if your cover letter matches your resume. That's why this In Design CV template is one that's worth checking out.
Less is more is one of my favorite ideas in all of design. This resume fits the bill perfectly. Sometimes, designers forget about white space when designing and that it's one of the most useful ways to keep a resume readable. But this one doesn't. This minimalist approach ensures that the application reviewer will get to know you quickly.
- print-ready thanks to A4 sizing and CMYK palette
- easy-to-update graphics to show your top skills
- cover letter template included complementing the resume
Envato Elements (Design Without Limits)
Envato Elements has a single compelling (all inclusive) offer:
Sign up for Envato Elements. You'll get access to thousands of creative graphics and resume/curriculum vitae InDesign templates (with unlimited use), from InDesign Resume Templates to royalty free audio tracks, and more—all for one low price.
That’s right! Download as many creative templates, graphics and royalty free audio as you want. Then customize them to fit any of your project needs.
While Envato Elements is a powerful option. But if you prefer to buy an InDesign template one at a time (instead of getting unlimited access to hundreds of creative designs), check out the selection from our Envato Market below.
Premium Templates to Download Now From GraphicRiver Now and For 2020
We got you covered if you need to buy InDesign resume templates one at a time with our InDesign resume templates from GraphicRiver category. It's part of Envato Market. Purchase and download one and update it rapidly when you need to apply for your next role.
12+ Top InDesign Resume CV Templates from GraphicRiver for 2020
There are also plenty Adobe InDesign resume templates to check out over on GraphicRiver. It's a perfect choice if you prefer your premium downloads to be a la carte. Here are over a dozen of my favorite InDesign resume choices from GraphicRiver:
With Myeera InDesign resume template you get four color options to choose between for your color scheme. You also get a light version and a dark version. There are eight pages in this Adobe resume template that make it easy to add as much as you need in your resume. This resume has a professional and creative design.
This curriculum vitae InDesign template is a simple and classic resume. This resume comes with a skills section. So, you can show how much of an expert you are. Along with a skills section you get an awards section to show off that other people have noticed your skills and hard work.
You can easily edit this template and change the color to fit your needs.
This resume template comes with a business card template. So, you can connect with people everywhere you go. Along with the color version of this Adobe resume template, it comes with a black and white version of this CV InDesign template too.
This resume has a strengths section, a place to put links to your social media or your website, a skills section, and a hobby section. This ensures that you tell the employer everything they need to know about you.
The Visual InDesign resume template is ideal for creative individuals who need to showcase their work in a portfolio page along with their InDesign resume. This InDesign resume template comes not only with a portfolio page, but also has an image page and matching cover letter. Let your past work speak for itself and help present better opportunities for you. A subtle use of colors helps you create a resume that'll stand out from the other.
Keep your resume clean, simple, creative and professional. This professional resume template has eight different color variations with easy texts replacement.
If you fear that employers don’t quite read every single word on anyone’s resume, this template is ideal for you. The different color highlights help the reader focus on the important bit. This template also comes with a portfolio page to highlight your past projects and a matching cover letter.
If you've got a lengthy list of skills you want to showcase, this option might be right up your alley. I like the skills sections in this Adobe resume template as a way to quantify where your core strengths lie.
- includes free fonts for low "total cost of use"
- A4 print size and CMYK color scheme has it print-ready as soon as you download it
- easy-to-customize skills section puts your top strengths in front of a reviewer
With a placeholder for your profile picture and several color schemes, this is a resume template that you can use to get ahead in your application process. As is the case with many choices in this round-up, just drop in your details, and you'll be ready to submit in no time.
The bold, sans-serif typography in this resume is enough to make an impact without overwhelming a reviewer. A clean design like this helps the reviewer focus on the details at hand instead of the design itself.
- Word and InDesign templates included
- free fonts used
- CMYK color scheme and 300-dpi ready for printing
Simple and straightforward, this InDesign resume template is one of the easiest ways to skip ahead in the resume-building process. If you're looking for a clean, type focused CV InDesign template, this could be a great fit.
A cover letter and CV combination make it easy to tell a cohesive story about your career experiences. Try this professional approach out to bring a sense of style to your job application.
This InDesign resume bundle comes packed with six different templates to fit all your needs. It's a perfect bundle if you're looking to create a single page resume and have a matching cover letter as well. With these appropriate infographics, turn a lengthy resume into an easy to digest and visually appealing document that you'll be proud to hand out to potential employers.
This Adobe resume template comes with four different color schemes. So, you can choose which color fits with your needs. There's a language section so if you're bilingual you can show that off with this resume. This resume has a modern design that's still professional. The color scheme adds a pop of color. Easily edit this template.
13. Simple Resume
This resume is simple and professional. There's a knowledge and skills section. So, you can show your future employer that you're right for the job.
Everything in this resume is in column that looks nice and organized. It's also easier to read so that the hiring manager can easily read your resume.
27+ Free Adobe InDesign Resume CV Template (Download Files for 2020)
Premium templates have a lot going for them, sure. Between the support, documentation, and quality, it makes sense to splurge on an Elements subscription or buy something from Envato Market.
But maybe you're between jobs and are tight on your budget. In this case, InDesign CV template free download files might be a great choice. We've got some Resume CV Templates available for free download in these articles:
- ResumesHow to Make a Photoshop Resume Template (Free Resume Download)Laura Keung
- ResumesHow to Make a Resume Template in InDesign (With Free Template Download)Grace Fussell
If you're still looking for free templates, I've spent some time scouring the web for the free InDesign CV templates that you can use to design a resume on a non-existent budget.
1. High END CV InDesign Free. A minimalist, free InDesign resume template like this one works well in InDesign. It focuses on your details and not on the design itself.
2. Clean Styled Free InDesign Resume Templates Pack. Here's another "less is more" option. A simple splash of color and plenty of whitespaces keeps this free resume InDesign template readable. If versatility is what you're looking for in free InDesign resume templates, this one is a great choice.
3. Vita CV InDesign Free. Here's another timeline-like resume that also includes an opportunity for a CV page to introduce yourself with. This InDesign CV template free download is worth a look.
4. Colorblock InDesign CV Template Free. Straight from Adobe, this is one of the best free InDesign resume templates in our selection. This resume feels professionally designed and refined to make an impact on a hiring manager.
5. Infographic Free Resume/Curriculum Vitae InDesign Template. Infographics help you tell visual stories with your data. This CV InDesign free template is a great way to marry your career experiences with a personalized history.
6. Personal CV InDesign Free Template. Notice that this free resume InDesign template is a text-only approach. That gives you a chance to focus on your story. Without a lot of experience, you can target the text on your background and what qualifies you. Free InDesign resume templates with a text only approach can prove to be really adaptable.
7. Personal InDesign Resume Template Free Download. Simple and to the point, this resume uses more icons and graphics to showcase your credentials. It's great to think about the potential to adapt and customize, when checking out free InDesign CV templates. This one has plenty of potential.
8. Clean Interactive InDesign CV Template Free. A robust two column approach is an excellent way to contrast your personal and professional details. Check out this Adobe InDesign resume template free download.
9. Black And White - Free InDesign Resume Templates. A black and white, contrasting resume like this one will naturally draw the reviewer's eye to your accolades. The geometric inspiration in these free InDesign CV templates is really eye catching.
10. Typographic InDesign Resume Template Free Download. Love typography? This free CV template InDesign might be the perfect choice for a design job.
11. Business Card and Resume/Curriculum Vitae InDesign Template Free. For a bit of extra value with this free CV template InDesign, a matching business card will pair nicely with your resume at a job fair.
12. Bright InDesign Resume Template Free Download. A touch of bright color and placeholders for your details makes this an easy template to update.
13. Mockup InDesign CV Template Free. I like the numbered sections on this resume as a way to walk the reviewer through the sequential steps in your career. It's a really lovely InDesign resume template.
14. Mockup II - InDesign Resume Template Free Download. Here's yet another example of the timeline approach. I love the brief but bold splashes of color on this free CV template InDesign.
15. Simple InDesign CV Template Free. Simple and professional, the typography on this resume is just enough to act as a bold advocate for your career experiences.
16. Creative Resume Template InDesign Free. With a bit of texture and imagery around the edges, drop in your favorite texture to customize this creative resume.
17. Basic Resume InDesign Template Free. Light and airy, the Basic Resume InDesign template free is designed to make an impact on a reader with a few key details and easy-to-read text. Keep it simple with this InDesign resume.
18. Multipurpose Resume Template InDesign Free. Simple and straightforward as you can see in the preview below. Use the image placeholder to introduce yourself to a hiring manager. A profile image can be a great addition to your CV template InDesign file.
19. FREE CV Template InDesign. Bright and colorful, this free CV template InDesign is ideal for a bold job application for design-centric jobs.
20. Vertical Resume Template InDesign Free. Including a cover letter that matches the style of a resume makes this choice worth checking out.
21. Creative Resume InDesign Template Free. The complement of blue and orange in this free resume template InDesign free makes this job application eye-catching. But it doesn't sacrifice readability in the process.
22. Simple CV InDesign Free. Rounding out our selection, here's another simple choice with some graphic flair to help your resume stand out. Give this curriculum vitae InDesign template a try.
23. Free CV Template. This free CV resume has a simple and clean layout that’s perfect for someone fresh out of college. It's a great CV template InDesign free file to check out.
24. Free Designer Resume. If you’re a designer looking for a new job, look at this resume. It's got a well-structured layout and includes a cover letter.
25. Free Professional InDesign Resume Template. This free resume template in InDesign has a nice two-column layout. The large header is perfect to include your logo and contact details.
26. Free Resume Template 01 For InDesign. Consider this free resume template in InDesign if you want a more bold and edgy design.
27. Multipurpose Resume InDesign Free. Rounding out our selection, here's another modern resume that can be used for any type of job hunting. If you're looking for InDesign CV templates free download files, this one has a lot of potential.
5 Quick InDesign Resume Tips for Better Results
If you're using an Adobe InDesign resume template to create your resume, you've already got a head start on creating your best resume. You'll want to follow the tips below to make sure that your resume is as professional as it can be:
1. Don't Overcrowd
If you add too much to a resume it could cause people not to want to read it. Keep it simple when deciding on what to put on your resume. When you do decide what to put on your resume, tailor the information to fit the job you're applying to. This lets the hiring manager know that you really want the job.
When using a template, stick to the sections they've got. Don't add new sections unless absolutely necessary.
2. Remain Professional
When putting together a resume using Adobe InDesign, make sure to use an easy to read font. You don't want a hiring manager to pick up your resume and not be able to read it. It also looks unprofessional if you use a font that's not easy to read. When choosing a font size, stick to a size that's not too small and not too big.
3. Highlight Your Achievements
List three or four of your most recent achievements. This shows the hiring manager that not only do you work hard, but that other people have recognized your hard work. By highlighting your achievements you're setting yourself apart from the other people by showing off your experience. Achievements can also include official recognition for your skills.
4. Proofread Your Resume
Proofread your resume and try to find any errors. Once you've proofread your resume, get someone else to proofread your resume as well. This ensures that there's no embarrassing spelling or grammar errors that you've overlooked.
When your resume has no spelling or grammar errors it not only looks professional but can be less distracting. If a hiring manager gets resume that's full of spelling and grammar errors, they may assume you're sloppy and not even read it.
5. Tailor Your Resume to the Job
Cater everything on your resume/curriculum vitae InDesign template to the job you're applying to. When adding job experience only include job experience on your resume that's relevant to the job you're applying to.
If the company that you're applying to is a creative company, then use a creative template. If the company you're applying to isn't creative, then use a clean and simple template.
You can also research what the company colors are and match your resume color scheme to the company's color scheme. This shows the hiring manager that you'll fit in with the company. It also shows the hiring manager that you're excited about the job.
How to Quickly Customize an InDesign Resume Template
So, you've found the perfect InDesign resume template. What's next? Let's take a look at some quick tips to help you jump into InDesign and get your InDesign resume template finished in a flash.
This is the premium Adobe InDesign CV template that we'll use in this demonstration, pictured below.
This particular InDesign curriculum template is a great one, because it includes many format options. It includes files for Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator, as well, so you can edit in the software of your choice. We'll focus on the CV template INDD file, for Adobe InDesign, in this walk through.
1. Know Your File Types
When you download Adobe InDesign resume templates you may end up with several different file types. In fact, this particular example includes INDD, IDML, INDT, AI, and PSD files. That's a lot of different file types to choose from. So, which is the one you need?
- INDD files are an InDesign Document File. It's the standard InDesign format, and this is likely the one you'll want to use if you're using the most up to date version of Adobe InDesign. Think of it like your "back end" file. It's where you make edits, but not necessarily a file you'll want to share publicly.
- IDML files are an InDesign Mockup Language File. If you're using an older version of Adobe InDesign, this is likely the file you'll want to try. It's also Affinity Publisher friendly (as of the version 1.8 update). Consider this file type more compatibility friendly.
- INDT files are an InDesign Template File. In this case, we can use an INDT file to open a new, untitled document based on the template design. This way, we don't run the risk of overwriting the original template design, like we might accidentally do with an INDD file.
Choose the file most appropriate for your software and situation. For example, you might want to start a new, untitled document from an INDT. Or open up your INDD file, and save a copy, after you've made edits.
Note that AI files are generally native to Adobe Illustrator. Likewise, PSD files are generally native to Adobe Photoshop. These two file types can be opened in other software, but that's typically their normal associations.
2. Guides and Your Work Space
When we open up an curriculum vitae InDesign file, things might not look how you expected. Often, you'll see a bunch of lines all over your work.
Guides are visual cues that help line up parts of your design. Hide them by going to View > Grids & Guides > Hide Guides. This would include visual cues to show you your margins. To make them visible again, go to View > Grids & Guides > Show Guides.
But you'll also notice that your content is being held in visual "boxes." Rectangular frames are a big part of InDesign. Think of them like containers that hold content. We can move these containers around.
If you'd like to preview your work without these boxes having visible boundaries, go to View > Overprint Preview. Make this visible again by going to View > Overprint Preview once again, to toggle them back on.
3. Looking at Your InDesign Pages
Many InDesign resume template may feature more than one page. In the case of this design, one page is dedicated to the resume and the other is the cover letter.
Check out our pages on the Pages panel. If you don't see them, go to Window > Pages to open it up. Check out a preview of what the Pages panel looks like in the example below.
Right click on a PC or Command Click on Mac on any page to check out options like moving, duplicating, or deleting your pages.
4. Editing Text in Adobe InDesign
Next, let's edit some text. Remember the boxes we talked about earlier? All the existing text in our InDesign resume template is set in text boxes.
Let's begin by selecting the Type tool from our Tools panel. It's highlighted in the example below.
Then, click on any text in your template. This makes the particular text box active. We can edit as we would in standard, word processing software now.
But what if you want to add text that isn't in a pre-existing box? That's simple too. With the Type tool selected, click and drag to create a new text box. Then, proceed like before. Just click inside of your newly created text box and begin to type and edit your text.
5. Adding Images in Adobe InDesign
Let's also add an image to our template. In this particular curriculum vitae InDesign template, the designer featured a profile photo in the top left corner. Let's add an image to that placeholder.
First, select the Selection tool from your Tools panel. With this tool selected, select the placeholder rectangular frame within the template.
Then, go to File > Place. InDesign will prompt us to select an image from our computer. For this demonstration, we'll use this stock photograph from Envato Elements. Select your image, and then InDesign will place it into the selected frame for you.
To resize the image within the rectangular frame, double click on the image. Then, use the resize handles to scale the image as you wish.
5 Awesome Resume Design Trends to Get Great Jobs in 2020
Working on your CV template InDesign concept and you're looking for inspiration? Maybe you're looking to push your newly downloaded InDesign resume template further. Check out this collection of design tips for some creative ideas:
1. Create a Cohesive Presentation
Including a cover letter and a portfolio with your resume? It's a great idea to make every piece of your professional presentation visually match. The cohesion there makes for a well-crafted, impressive presentation. This is a tip that's always on trend.
Think of it like wearing appropriate attire for an interview. If your resume and all the included materials are visually cohesive, it's like looking sharp when you walk in to speak with the interviewer. You want to look well put together, responsible, and professional in every aspect of how you present yourself.
This premium InDesign resume collection includes many files that illustrate this idea.
2. Make an Impact With Bold Use of Color
Saturated colors and high contrast are pretty popular InDesign resume template 2020 trends. In the example below, a premium design template, we see a really saturated, energetic green. Then, we also have a bold use of black. It's got really high contrast against the lighter part of the composition.
Saturation and contrast can be used to create interest and to command attention in a composition. Notice how, for example, the last name in the layout particularly stands out. If it was black, like the first name, it wouldn't have the same emphasis.
3. Use Infographics to Communicate Your Skill Set
Infographics are another popular InDesign resume template 2020 trend. They're a fun and visually interesting way to communicate things like your skill set.
Many times, we can reinforce ideas with visuals. If, for example, you wanted to illustrate your skill in a language or software, an infographic could help fully illustrate your competency. Not only that, it can visually give a bigger picture of your skill set.
This premium InDesign resume template, below, is a great example.
4. Visually Divide Your Work With Color and Value
Check out this stylish, split design. This can be a visually interesting way of separating and organizing your content. Notice that the background color change corresponds to the margins and divisions created in the layout. It's harmonious because it works with the way the text and other layout elements have been composed.
Notice that this premium design template also draws upon other trends—infographics, contrast, and more! You can combine these trends in many different ways.
5. Simplicity Can Be Timeless
Design trends are fun to keep track of and draw inspiration from. But some design approaches are timeless. A clean, well composed layout is always going to be the best choice. Keep in mind that your resume design should also be a reflection of you—what colors, what visual approach best represents you?
This premium design template, below, still draws upon some popular trends, but it's also more minimalist. Find a balance that works best for your professional brand.
5 Benefits of Using the Best InDesign Templates With Pro Designs (In 2020)
Here are five good reasons for you to use a great InDesign template for your next resume in 2020:
- You save time. When you use one of our premium InDesign CV templates, you start with much of the work and content already built. Drop your own details into the sections and that's it.
- Focus on the content. Using a premium InDesign resume template allows you to focus on the most important aspect: the content of your resume. Don't invest time in designing. Invest time in writing powerful content for your CV.
- You don't give up customization. Just because you start with a good InDesign resume template doesn't mean that you can't totally customize it. Even the best templates can still be modified and adjusted to include your personalized details.
- Professionally tested layouts. In Envato Elements and GraphicRiver, we only offer you the resume templates that have passed our quality standards.
- Your resume stands out. Employers and recruiters receive hundreds of similar resumes every day. With our templates from Envato Elements and GraphicRiver, your resume is guaranteed to stand out because it's unlikely that your peers will use custom resume designs.
Benefits of Envato Elements (The Power of Unlimited Use)
Want to sample a whole bunch of InDesign CV templates? Envato Elements is an awesome service for this because you can download to your heart's content without worrying about fees. It's all included. One flat rate means access to a whole collection of InDesign resume template designs.
When you sign up for Envato Elements, you get access to a huge library of InDesign resume templates. You also get graphics, stock photos, fonts, and so much more—all for one fee. Enjoy unlimited downloads today.
Find More Great Premium Resume Template Designs for 2020
Adobe InDesign is a great program to create your resume with. But if you’re not used to working with it, it can be a little intimidating. Not to mention, learning a whole new software when time is of the essence in your job search isn't exactly ideal.
Luckily, InDesign isn't the only program that you can use to create a great-looking resume. You can use programs like Photoshop, Word, and PowerPoint. There's no shortage of beautiful resume templates on Envato Elements. You can also find a variety of great premium resume templates on GraphicRiver.
Take a look at some of the other premium resume templates we've got available on these marketplaces:
- Resumes39+ Professional MS Word Resume Templates (Simple CV Design Formats 2020)Marc Schenker
- Microsoft PowerPoint30 Creative PowerPoint Resume Templates (Best PPT CV Layout Examples 2020)Brenda Barron
- Resumes29+ Modern Resume Templates With Clean (Elegant) CV Designs (2020)Brenda Barron
Common InDesign Resume Questions Answered (FAQ)
Here, I've gathered up some of the most common questions people ask about resumes and InDesign to provide you with some answers.
1. How Do I Use a Template to Make a Professional Resume?
Working with templates can be confusing if you're just starting to use them. The first thing you need to know is that your resume template comes with sections. These sections enable you to fill out your resume quickly and accurately. When filling out these sections, you'll need to tailor what you write for the job you're applying to.
Learn more in this tutorial:
2. How Can I Create My Own Template in InDesign?
We've shown you how to edit our templates to create a stunning resume, but what if you wish to create your very own template or your own resume from scratch in InDesign? We've got you covered as well. The first thing you'll need is to download some fonts and then, follow this step-by-step guide:
3. How Can I Pick the Right Color Scheme for My Resume?
If you want your resume to stand out, a good idea is to make it colorful. Even though all of our premium templates already come with pre-made color schemes, you can still customize them to match your own style. And that's where picking the right colors comes into play.
A good tool to use is the Adobe Color website. There, select the colors that best complement each other across the color wheel. This way, you can be sure you've picked the right colors for your resume.
4. What Software Can I Use Besides InDesign to Create a Resume?
If you don't have InDesign installed in your computer, don't worry, this isn't the only software you can use to make a resume. Other two very popular software tools are Photoshop and Illustrator. Alternatively, you can also use MS Word to do a resume. Take a look at these guides:
- Adobe PhotoshopHow to Make a Creative Resume in Photoshop Quickly (With PSD Templates)Tomas Laurinavicius
- ResumesHow to Make a Pro Resume on Word With Creative Template DesignsAndrew Childress
5. What Can I Do if I Don't Have a Design Software?
Don't worry. We understand not everyone has specialized software installed. If you don't have the Adobe suite (Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign) or even the Microsoft suite (Word or PowerPoint), not everything is lost. You can get resume templates to use in Google Docs, which are free to use if you've got a Gmail account. Take a look at this alternative:
Inspiration: Learn Adobe InDesign for Beginners: Tuts+ Video Course
Or if you want to learn InDesign in more depth, try our free InDesign tutorial with Daniel Walter Scott. You'll learn everything you need to know to create stunning resumes, books, reports, and more!
Learn More About Making a Great Resume
If you want to get hired, your resume needs to stand out and highlight all the relevant information for HR recruiters. There’s a lot that goes into making a great resume and we've got plenty of tutorials to help you out.
- Resumes30+ Best Resume Tips: That Will Get You Noticed and HiredCharley Mendoza
- CareersHow to Make Your First Job Resume Stand OutCharley Mendoza
- ResumesHow to Effectively List Professional Skills on Your ResumeCharley Mendoza
Use the Right InDesign CV Templates to Create a Powerful Resume
In this round-up, I shared some of my favorite free and premium InDesign resume templates. Using an Adobe resume template makes perfect sense to fill out your job application more quickly and professionally. Browse our wide-selection of InDesign CV templates for 2020 from Envato Elements or go to GraphicRiver to check more premium InDesign resume templates and grab the one that’s right for you. Now, go fill out one of these and land that dream job! There's plenty of resources out there to help you make your InDesign resume template 2020 ready.
Editorial Note: Our staff updates this post regularly—adding InDesign resume templates with the best, creative and professional designs.
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Business tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post