If you work with data and give PowerPoint presentations, you'll probably want to consider using infographics.
Eye tracking studies from the Nielsen Norman Group show that people pay attention to images with information. Infographics are important for visual learners. That's about 65% of us according to statistics from Pearson Education.
Infographics slides do an excellent job of making statistics come alive. That's where infographics templates for PowerPoint come in. They help you showcase key data presentation slides to your audience.
In this article I'll provide some insights on using infographic templates for PowerPoint. We'll show some example free infographic templates and explore when you might want to use them and when you should not. I'll also provide some examples of both free and premium infographic templates for PowerPoint that you can download right away.
Why Choose a Premium PowerPoint PPT Infographic Template?
If you're thinking about downloading an infographic template for PowerPoint for free, you need to be aware of some of the limitations of free infographic templates.
Free infographic templates for PowerPoint are sometimes all you can afford—especially if you're on a limited budget. Don't let the idea of a price tag scare you away from exploring premium infographic presentation templates for PowerPoint though.
Most premium PowerPoint templates include:
- professional design current with the latest trends
- technical support to answer questions or help you deal with problems
- more slide options and format choices
The end result is that you'll end up with professional results quickly and easily when you choose a premium template.
At Envato, we offer two options for premium PowerPoint presentation templates.
Our first option, Envato Elements, is the best if you make a lot of presentations. For a low monthly fee, you'll receive unlimited access to hundreds of professionally-designed infographic templates for PowerPoint. Plus, you'll get access to other helpful assets such as our stock photos and our professional landing pages.
If you just need a PowerPoint infographic template for a single use, but it's crucial you make the right impression, we've got you covered. Just pay a low fee for a one-time infographic PowerPoint template download from GraphicRiver and get all the benefits of using a premium template right away.
Before we go on to explore free infographic templates, let's look at some high-quality premium infographics for PowerPoint.
5 Best PowerPoint Infographic Templates (From Elements for 2020)
Here's a curated list of some of the best PowerPoint infographic templates available through Envato Elements:
This modern and colorful infographic PowerPoint template is ready to use with 170 different slides including helpful diagrams and an infographic. Inside you'll find a puzzle design, tree diagrams, and much more. Choose between 50 different color themes and thousands of icons. This multipurpose slideshow template will work well for a variety of purposes.
The Sante PowerPoint infographic template can be fully edited from within PowerPoint. It also includes amazing slide transition animation. There are over 100 unique slides, including:
- devices mockups
- a variety of maps
- multiple infographic slides
- data-driven slides
- portfolio slides
- and more!
You'll love this infographic PowerPoint template. It includes infographic charts and diagrams against a white background. In additions to charts and diagrams, the template includes a map, a device mockup, a timeline, and more. This versatile PowerPoint template can be used for whatever you need—including brochures, corporate reports, and flyers as well as presentations.
The colorful STARTUP Infographic PowerPoint template has 40 curated colors. There are also 70 unique slides. You'll find a wide variety of unique infographic designs including arrow infographics, a gears infographic, triangle pyramid infographics, and many others. All the infographics are easy to edit so you can easily incorporate your own data.
More Premium Infographic Templates to Download From GraphicRiver (For 2020)
GraphicRiver also has an excellent selection of infographic PowerPoint templates. Each of these templates can be purchased individually. Yet, they contain all the features you'd expect from a professionally-designed premium template.
Here are some of the best PowerPoint infographic templates on GraphicRiver:
The magic idea of the cloud dominates modern technology. If you're marketing an app or software that features a cloud component, this infographic template in PowerPoint is an ideal choice to bring your concepts to life thanks to its cloud-centric charts and graphs. Try it out and use any of the 33 unique slide designs to illustrate key concepts and data.
This infographic PowerPoint template can be used for a variety of purposes to show your data in style. I can see using this presentation template to build eye-catching charts that you share in a presentation, or even export to social media to stand out in your follower's feeds. These are easy-to-update charts with your data that are perfect for building infographics.
Eargo has more than 200 unique slides across 20 different color schemes. It's this combination of styles and formats that help you re-use this infographic PowerPoint template over and over for your next presentation. Use several key images with the easy placeholders to bring your infographics to life in less time than ever.
Many business processes run in cycles, so it's an easy fit to describe them with that type of infographic. This cycles infographic PowerPoint template does just that, showing how the steps and parts fit together into the larger scheme.
The Ammay Business PowerPoint Template is based on a bright red color scheme to help your ideas stand out. Here's some of the other great features of this infographic template for PowerPoint:
- 791 total slides
- includes popular infographic types like timelines, device mockups, and business roadmaps
- includes creative infographic types like lightbulb Infographics, puzzle infographics, and bicycle infographic
- template includes documentation and an update guarantee
- and more!
This infographic template for PowerPoint includes 393 unique slides so that you can choose just the right design for you. There are also 1000 vector icons and 23 different color schemes. Vector maps are included. This professional template is drag-and-drop ready. Just add your own images and photos to customize it.
Don't overlook this beautifully designed modern PowerPoint template that's full of infographic options. The colorful, professional design is sure to attract your target audience. Choose from 250 unique slides with light and dark color schemes. This template is also fully animated to help you further engage your audience.
The Unity PowerPoint infographic template is based on a free font for your convenience. Choose from four aspect ratios: 16:9 HD, 16:10, 4:3, and A4. There are some creative, handcrafted infographics in this one. Plus this is easy to edit and update. And you'll get fast support if you need it.
With 1200 unique slides, you'd be hard pressed to find an infographic template in PowerPoint that features more variety and options than this package. Multiple slide sizes, more than 40 color palettes, and dark / bright options give you the ultimate flexibility in your slide design.
This PowerPoint infographic template has all of the most popular chart types that help you illustrate your key ideas. Sample from flow charts, pyramids, funnels, and more that'll transform your data into interactive ideas.
20+ Free Infographic Templates for PowerPoint PPT Presentations
Your best choice for a PowerPoint infographic template is to download a premium template. You'll get more options, support, and be happier with the end result.
But there are times when the budget just doesn't allow for even a reasonably-priced template download. Or, maybe you rarely do PowerPoints. Perhaps you're just learning how to create presentations and you want a template you can play around with, but you don't intend to actually show it to anyone. For those instances a free infographic template makes sense.
I've scoured the internet and found over 20 free PowerPoint presentation templates that include infographics.
Sources for the free PowerPoint slide template downloads on this list include:
Here's a list of over 20 free PowerPoint infographic templates:
1. Ulysses Presentation Template. Here's an editable free infographic PowerPoint template with infographics. While this works well for presentations that'll be shared online or printed, it's not the best for a live slide desk presentation.
2. Cymbeline Presentation Template. There are 25 different slides in this fully editable PowerPoint infographic template available for free. It also includes icons and a world map. It features and black and white color scheme.
3. Basset Presentation Template. Here's another multi-purpose template with free editable images for PowerPoint. It includes graphs, charts and tables. There are also 80 different icons.
One of the most popular types of infographic slide designs is a timeline. If you're looking for a free timeline slide design, you may want to consider this template from Microsoft Office.
5. Process Path Infographic. Here's another specialty slide design from Office. This one is an infographic that shows the path of a process.
6. Statistics Infographics Sampler. This free template sampler from Microsoft features seven slides. Six are infographics, and the seventh is a cover slide template.
7. Infographic Pie Chart. The free Infographic Pie Chart PowerPoint template features a unique-looking pie design with icons in each of the slices.
8. Colorful Product Roadmap Timeline. If you're in product development, Microsoft's free product roadmap template could be helpful.
9. Map Pins Infographic. Maps are another popular type of infographic. Here you've got a map slide design with pins.
For facts and figures, a bar chart can be a great illustration. Here's a free bar chart slide template from Microsoft.
11. Timeline SmartArt Diagram. Here's a modern-looking timeline slide template based on an arrow with circles to depict the passage of time.
12. Ideas Bulb Diagram for PowerPoint. Here's free two-slide infographic PowerPoint template with a light bulb design. Choose between a light or dark layout.
13. Pie Chart Infographic for PowerPoint. This infographic template for PowerPoint for free features a pie chart with eight parts. Edit the chart to add your own statistics.
14. Doughnut PowerPoint Diagram. Here's another circular infographic. This one consists of doughnut-shaped layers. Edit this free PowerPoint infographic to customize the colors or change the sizes.
15. Infographic Org Chart. Many business presentations include an org chart, so it's good that you can download this free two-slide PowerPoint infographic org chart if you need it.
17. Banner Staircase PowerPoint Diagram. The rectangles on this colorful PowerPoint infographic slide design make a staircase. Use it to depict a progression or growth.
18. Rising Line Arrow PowerPoint Diagram Template. Here's a free PowerPoint infographic slide template with colorful arrows that can be used for many things.
19. Free Multi-Level Pyramid Diagram for PowerPoint. This multi-level pyramid diagram can be used in various ways. Customize it with your own colors and information.
20. Concept Chart Template for PowerPoint. This infographic template for PowerPoint for free has circular elements can represent many things in a slideshow.
21. Sankey Diagram for PowerPoint. If your business uses Sankey diagrams, you'll appreciate this free editable PowerPoint template. You can change the line widths or colors if you need too.
Tips for Using Infographics in PowerPoint
Now that we've seen some of the best infographic templates in PowerPoint, let's review some tips that'll help you make the most of them:
1. Choose the Right Design
We've highlighted many templates in this round-up. Together, the templates have hundreds of different infographics that you can use to illustrate key ideas.
The most important part of working with infographic templates in PowerPoint is choosing the right visual to showcase your data. Before you start dropping your data into an infographic, review your options to choose the right one. For example, the overlapping concentric circles below show how the shared parts of ideas versus the divergent points.
Spending time choosing the right infographic is crucial. Think about the type of visual that showcases your idea effectively.
2. Convert Basic Data to Infographics
When you begin working with infographic templates in PowerPoint, you might be unsure of when to use them. What situations are the right time to use infographics?
One of the best opportunities is to take basic, flat data and re-arrange it into an infographic. In the example below, basic data points on followers and engagement was transformed and brought to life with a thematic infographic.
3. Use Infographics Sparingly
Even though I'm a big proponent of using infographics, it's not wise to fill an entire presentation with them. Use an infographic PowerPoint template sparingly, saving them for your big ideas.
As always, presentations benefit from variety. It's not ideal to use an infographic for every concept in a presentation. Instead, save them for a few key slides and your audience will focus in on them.
Learn Even More About Presentations
You've just discovered where you can find free PowerPoint presentation templates, as well as where you can find high-quality premium infographic PowerPoint templates. With the right template design, you're on your way to creating an eye-catching slideshow that'll make your presentation stand out.
You can learn more about how to make a good presentation. You'll discover more effective presentation techniques in our eBook: The Complete Guide to Making Great Presentations. Download it for free with a subscription to the Tuts+ Business Newsletter.
Use an Infographic PowerPoint Template to Showcase Key Data in Your Next Presentation
We've just explored infographic templates for PowerPoint.
I've discussed the benefits of using premium PowerPoint templates such as those available from Envato Elements and GraphicRiver for high-quality, professional results. You've also seen some examples of premium PowerPoint infographic templates. Plus, I've provided a list of over 20 free PowerPoint presentation templates.
Are you ready to create your PowerPoint presentation with infographic? Why not start by downloading a PowerPoint template today?
Editorial Note: Our staff updates this post regularly—adding new, inspiring infographic templates in PowerPoint with the best, trending designs.