Looking to boost your productivity in Microsoft PowerPoint? Not sure what the best PowerPoint add ins are?
PowerPoint add-ins and extensions are small software programs that extend the functionality of Microsoft PowerPoint. They're designed to make it easier for users to create and edit presentations, adding new features and tools to the software.
There are a wide range of add-ins and extensions available for PowerPoint, but not all of them are equally useful or effective. To help you get the most out of your presentations, we've got compiled a list of the 13 best PowerPoint add-ins and PPT extensions for 2023.
These tools cover a range of needs, from grammar checking and design tools to animation and video creation. Whether you're a professional designer or just looking to create better presentations for school or work, these add-ins and extensions can help you take your presentations to the next level.
Why Use PowerPoint Add-Ins and PPT Extensions?
PowerPoint add-ins and extensions are valuable tools for anyone who wants to create effective and engaging presentations. They provide extra features and functionality that aren't available in the standard version of PowerPoint. This lets you work more efficiently and create better presentations.
Here are a few main reasons why you would want to use PowerPoint Add-Ins and extensions.
- Save Time. PowerPoint add-ins and extensions can automate repetitive tasks. They provide quick access to templates and design elements. This helps you save time and focus on the content and design of your presentations.
- Enhanced functionality. Add-ins and PPT extensions give you access to new tools such as advanced charting and data visualization capabilities, interactive elements, and more.
- Improved presentation quality. Create presentations that are more engaging, interactive, and effective in communicating your message to your audience.
- Increased productivity. With the ability to work more efficiently and create better presentations, you can increase productivity and get more done in less time.
Want to know what the best PowerPoint extensions are? Keep on reading!
13 Best PowerPoint Add-Ins and Extensions for 2023
Let’s now go over the thirteen of the best PowerPoint add-Ins and extensions for 2023:
Mentimeter is a PowerPoint add-in that enables presenters to engage and interact with their audience in real-time. Mentimeter provides various interactive presentation tools like polls, quizzes, word clouds, and more that can be added to a PowerPoint presentation.
You can even create and customize these interactive slides and invite their audience to take part via their smartphones, tablets, or computers.
Here are five key features of Mentimeter:
- versatile interactive tools such as polls, quizzes, word clouds, and scales
- live and instant polling
- informative Q&As
- smartphone presentation remote
Mentimeter has a free plan available.
SlideHub is a PowerPoint add-in that gives you access to professionally designed slides for business, creative illustrations, icons, and license-free images and stock photos. SlideHub allows you to select the desired content, add relevant text and numbers, and create a high-quality presentation in no time.
- 15 categories of designed slides
- library of images
- fully editable premade content
- weekly updates
SlideHub starts at $200 USD per month.
If you need to add audio to your PowerPoint presentations, Loom is for you. Use the Loom plugin to record your screen and add in audio easily, including with a speaker bubble. You can also record audio within PowerPoint itself with Loom.
Here are the main features for Loom:
- screen recording
- instant editing
- viewer insights
Pickit gives you access to an extensive collection of high-quality images. This includes company assets, handpicked photos, icons, and clipart from Pickit's public image library.
Pickit's public images are all 100% legal and compliant.
Here are the main features of Pickit:
- upload and share company assets
- add unlimted photos and clip art
- presentation tips
- professional slide designs
There's a free version of Pickit available.
5. iSpring Suite Free
The iSpring Free PowerPoint extension will help you create responsive courses and quizzes in PowerPoint. Easily convert your slides to HTML5 or SCORM. iSpring offers a paid version where you can create more in-depth courses with advanced quizzes, video tutorials, and role plays.
Here are the main features for iSpring Suite Free:
- turn slides into eLearning courses
- 3 question types in quizzes
- upload courses to LMS
- insert web objects
Pexels provides users with access to a library of high-quality stock photos. With Pexels, search for and insert images directly into their presentations without having to leave PowerPoint. The add-in is designed to be intuitive and user-friendly.
Here are the main features for Pexels:
- large library of high-quality images
- easy to find and integrate images
- direct integration with PowerPoint
Pexels is free to use.
7. ToDo List Pro
This is a great PowerPoint plugin for productivity. There are always many different tasks that you need to get done with your presentation and this PowerPoint extension will help keep you on track.
The to do list appears on the right side of PowerPoint and will automatically save with the PPT file. ToDo List Pro is a free PowerPoint add in.
8. Pear Deck
Pear Deck allows you to design engaging lessons in PowerPoint. Create your own question or activities in the slides. Have your students join a Pear Deck session from any device or browser to provide answers to your presentation questions.
- number or multiple-choice response
- web slide questions
- analyze quiz results through a dashboard
- tart a Pear Deck session within Microsoft Teams
A free trial is available for this add-in for PowerPoint.
With AhaSlides, easily add links, live quizzes, videos and much more to your PowerPoint. The design of the AhaSlides elements is sure to make your slides more interactive. You can spark discussions and collect real time feedback with this PowerPoint extension.
The main features for AhaSlides are:
- brainstorming tools
- spinner wheel and sliding scales
- interactive polls
- import PowerPoint slides into AhaSlides
AhaSlides offers a free version to get started.
10. Office Timeline
Office Timeline helps you turn your data into visually appealing timelines and Gantt charts. Whether you need to show a schedule or the progression of a project, this is the perfect PowerPoint extension to use for your presentations.
Here are the main features for this PowerPoint add in:
- multiple timeline scales
- swimlanes and swimlane templates
- import data from Excel
- unlimited free updates
A free version of Office Timeline is available.
PowerPointLabs is sure to add interest and engagement to any presentation. This PowerPoint extension has customization options for shapes, fonts, and much more. When installed, you'll receive a tab full of slide effects that highlight your text, diagrams, charts, and images.
Here's what you can expect from PowerPointLabs:
- custom animations
- zoom and pan
- narrate speaker notes
- spotlight and blur effects
This PowerPoint plug in is currently free.
Lucidchart lets you add dynamic diagrams, flowcharts, and wireframes to your PowerPoint presentations. If you need to make your slides more engaging, this is a great option.
Here are a few features for this PowerPoint add in:
- drag-and-drop editor for flowchart elements
- flowcharts, wireframes, mockups, and mind maps
- Visio import/export
- integrate with YouTube, Facebook, and Dropbox
This is a paid software, but a free trial is available.
Power-user will give you access to thousands of visual assets. Within minutes, you can have a great looking presentation. You'll even find full PowerPoint templates that are fully editable. If the look and feel of your presentation is your main concern, then Power-user is your best bet.
A limited free trial is available for this PowerPoint extension.
Learn More About Making PowerPoint Presentations
Now that you've got your PowerPoint extensions, it's time to get started on your presentation. Below are a few great resources that can help you create a professional PowerPoint presentation.
- How to Quickly Change Theme Colors in PowerPointDaisy Ein04 Feb 2023
- How to Download, Import, & Install a PowerPoint TemplateSarah Joy21 Jan 2023
- How to Quickly Customize a PowerPoint Template DesignAndrew Childress28 Dec 2022
- How to End Your PowerPoint Presentation With a Strong Close (In 2023) + VideoAndrew Childress23 Jan 2023
Gain Access to High-Quality Creative Assets (With Unlimited Use)
Regardless of the type of business you're working for or running, you'll need professional creative assets. These assets can be anything from documents, images, and fonts. Using professional creative assets in your projects is necessary to save time and deliver a high-quality product. Envato Elements has just what you need to supercharge your next project and save time.
Envato Elements gives you access to all types of creative tools. Included are unlimited downloads of PowerPoint templates, photos, fonts, videos, and much more for a low monthly fee. Use all these resources in your next project.
Elements offers the best values out there for creatives today. With unlimited downloads, you'll be able to try out all types of options in your upcoming projects.
Here's how you benefit from using Envato Elements:
- save money by not having to hire professional graphic designers
- save time by starting with an already professional design
- generate new ideas with all the fresh creative assets
- focus on other parts of your creative project
Download PowerPoint Extensions Today!
Incorporating PowerPoint add-ins and extensions into your presentations may enhance your visual storytelling, streamline your workflow, and make your work more efficient.
In this article, we explored thirteen of the best PowerPoint add-ins and PPT extensions for 2023. With these powerful PowerPoint tools, you can take your presentations to the next level, engage your audience, and make your ideas more memorable.
If you need access to a library full of creative assets, then check out Envato Elements. They've got everything from PowerPoint templates, fonts, WordPress plugins, and much more.