How do you create a fishbone diagram in PowerPoint? How do you insert a fishbone diagram in PowerPoint? Do you have to use a fishbone diagram template for a presentation and have no idea how to go about it? You've come to the right place.
First, it's good to know that cause and effect diagrams are known as fishbone diagrams or Ishikawa diagrams (after its creator). They show the cause of a specific event or problem. You can generally use them to note issues or potential factors that could cause an effect.
Work smart with a well-designed template. Pre-built PowerPoint fishbone template help you get the best results within minutes. Pick from premium or free template options.
Let's explore premium fishbone diagram templates in PowerPoint from Envato Elements and premium fishbone diagram PowerPoint SmartArt from GraphicRiver. These are two premium platforms and can give you an idea of what you get when you go premium. This article also has 12+ free editable fishbone diagrams found on the web. Use all these cause and effect diagram examples as inspiration.
Let's explore the top pre-built fishbone diagrams below. It's time to find a suitable diagram for your upcoming presentation.
The Best Fishbone Diagram PowerPoint Templates on Envato Elements for 2021 (Unlimited Use)
Envato Elements allows you to get creative projects done, regardless of your skills. You'd be amazed at what you can do with that little bit of help. Get your hands on a variety of creative assets (not just premium fishbone PowerPoint templates) that'll help you with any project.
Envato Elements has an attractive offer. Get unlimited access to millions of creative digital files—all for an affordable monthly fee. Leave the heavy lifting to the experts and take your projects to new heights.
Free blank fishbone diagrams found online may sound enticing. But it's not the best solution out there for you. Most free fishbone PowerPoint diagrams come with drawbacks you'd need to be aware of and workaround. Here are some issues you may face:
- outdated designs
- not unique
- limited features
Are you new to premium PPT templates and want to try some out before signing up for a monthly subscription? Check out the selection of premium cause and effect diagram examples on GraphicRiver. Pick a template that fits your needs and download it with the pay-per-download model offered by GraphicRiver. You'll find some inspirations from GraphicRiver in the next section too.
5 Best Premium Fishbone Diagram PowerPoint Templates for 2021 (Envato Elements & GraphicRiver)
Discover premium PowerPoint fishbone templates from Envato Elements and GraphicRiver. Create unique and impressive presentations with any one of these templates:
This template comes with 20 fishbone diagram variations. The diagrams are easy to edit and use. You'll also get a documentation file with the template. Show cause and effect with any one of these 20 diagrams.
This template comes with loads of handmade infographics, not just fishbone diagrams. Get your hands on useful infographics to include in your business or professional presentation. The infographics included are:
- SWOT analysis
- Gantt chart,
- fishbone diagram, etc.
Get your hands on 27 unique fishbone diagram template slides. Pick from 10 pre-made colors and change colors, text, and size in two clicks. They're editable within PowerPoint, so you don't need Photoshop or Illustrator. Work on your cause and effect diagram template and be ready to present in minutes.
These 14 slides of unique PowerPoint fishbone templates are perfect for any presentation. Show the cause of a specific event professionally. The slides are in full HD 16:9 resolution and come in both PPTX and PPT files. Edit these modern designs to present your findings.
Cause and effect diagrams are also known as Ishikawa diagrams. This template comes with 50 cause and effect diagram templates. Professionally categorize the potential causes of a problem. It helps you identify its root causes with any one of these blank fishbone diagrams.
12 Top Free Fishbone Diagram PowerPoint PPT Templates to Download for 2020/2021
If you're new to premium creative assets, here's an irresistible offer for you. Explore Envato's monthly free offerings and test out digital assets (not just cause and effect diagram templates) at no cost to you. You may be in luck and could find what you need in this month's free offerings!
Here's the deal:
- Envato Elements offer 12 premium files every month. These files are handpicked from its vast library. Create a free account to download this month's premium free files.
- Envato Market offers seven freebies monthly. Create an account (if you don't have one already) to download the current monthly premium free files.
A blank fishbone diagram may not part of this month's offerings. In this case, a free editable fishbone diagram found online is your next best option.
Let's take a look at 12 free cause and effect diagram examples from the web:
1. Free PowerPoint Fishbone Diagram Download comes with two unique cause and effect diagram templates. As well as light and dark backgrounds.
2. Free Cause and Effect Fishbone Diagram. This is a clean and straightforward line infographic by Microsoft Office.
3. Arrow - Free Fishbone Diagram PowerPoint SmartArt. This diagram comes with arrows in a fishbone form. It consists of five arrows and text.
4. Free Editable Fishbone Diagram Download. This file comes with 30 different blank fishbone diagrams resembling fish and arrows.
5. Free Cause and Effect Fishbone Diagram in PowerPoint. Use this diagram for business or educational purposes. This template is compatible with Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 and 2013.
6. PowerPoint Fishbone Diagram Download for Free comes with two diagram slides. It comes in black, red, and blue.
7. Free Fishbone Diagram PowerPoint SmartArt has a dark background. It also has a big central horizontal arrow and cause and effect connections.
8. Ishikawa - Free Editable Fishbone Diagram Template PowerPoint. Cause and effect diagrams are also known as Ishikawa diagrams. This template comes with five fishbone shapes.
9. Free Fishbone PowerPoint - Cause and Effect Diagram Example. This diagram comes with two slide options; 4:3 & 16:9. Use it to show a progression or sequential steps in a task, process, or workflow.
10. Free Blank Fishbone Diagram - Cause and Effect Diagram Example. This diagram helps you structure and organize problem and cause information.
11. Fishbone PowerPoint - Free Editable Fishbone Diagram. This is a cartoon illustration of a fish's skeleton with colorful dots.
12. Lines - Free PowerPoint Fishbone Diagram Download. This is a simple diagram that uses arrows and text boxes. Copy and paste it within your slides.
5 Quick PowerPoint Fishbone Diagram Presentation Design Tips for 2020/2021
It's time to make your selected template look great. Here are five tips to help you get started:
As you may have noticed, the minute you add a fishbone diagram to a slide, there isn't much space for lengthy text. Summarize to short and punchy sentences or use keywords. Your cause and effect slide will look neat and will carry a strong message.
2. Go for Contrast
Contrast is an essential element in the principle of design. The best thing about going premium is all these design principles will be taken care of by experts. All you'd have to do is add your content, make minor brand identity changes, and you're all set to present. If you're using a free template from the web, be sure to check out this article:
3. Go Minimal
Avoid clutter to create professional and non-distracting slides. Clean and minimal are always the best approach to take. Here are a few tips to follow:
- Use large text and images.
- Use limited elements on each slide.
- Use plenty of white space between each element.
- Stick to a few colors on each slide.
4. Use Animations and Transitions
Animations and transitions help make presentations lively and fun. Break down complex infographics and phase them in stages. This allows your audience to focus better. But too many animations and transitions can distract your audience. Check out these articles and learn how to use them the right way:
- Microsoft PowerPoint10 Simple PowerPoint PPT Animation Tips and Tricks for 2021 (+Video)Sven Lenaerts
- Microsoft PowerPointHow to Add Slide Transitions In PowerPoint in 60 SecondsAndrew Childress
5. Mix It Up
An entire presentation of the same fishbone diagrams can get boring. Mix things up a bit by using a variety of infographics, visuals, and media elements. Here's a simple rule to remember: don't use the same format more than twice in a presentation. What do you do if you've no choice and your entire presentation is about cause and effects? Use different looking diagrams to present your data.
Discover More Top Microsoft PowerPoint Template Designs
Need more inspiration? Check out other modern infographics PowerPoint templates below:
- Microsoft PowerPoint25+ Best Free PowerPoint Timeline and Roadmap Templates PPTs for 2021Laura Spencer
- Microsoft PowerPoint18+ Best Free PowerPoint Puzzle Pieces Templates (Infographic PPT Slides)Andrew Childress
- Microsoft PowerPoint35 Best Infographic PowerPoint Presentation Templates: With Great PPT Data Slides 2020Sean Hodge
Learn More About Making Great PowerPoint Presentations in 2020/2021
Are you new to creating PowerPoint presentations? There are plenty of how-to tutorials by Envato Tuts+ to help you along the way. Check out our How to Use PowerPoint (Ultimate Tutorial Guide) and pin it to your browser as a quick guide.
Here are three bite-sized tutorial examples from this guide:
- Microsoft PowerPointHow to Make Great PPT Charts & Graphs in Microsoft PowerPointAndrew Childress
- Microsoft PowerPointHow to Make a Flowchart in PowerPoint With TemplatesAndrew Childress
- Microsoft PowerPointHow to Embed Excel Files and Link Data into PowerPointAndrew Childress
Get a Premium Fishbone Diagram PowerPoint Template Today!
Start looking for a premium fishbone diagram template in PowerPoint at Envato Elements. Be a subscriber and get unlimited access to millions of digital assets (not just PPT templates). These assets will be useful for any professional or personal projects.
If you're new to premium files and want to test them, have a look at GraphicRiver. Discover the selection of premium PowerPoint fishbone templates from GraphicRiver. Buy and download a template of your choice one-at-a-time.
Envato Elements and GraphicRiver are the best and safest option for any project. But if you're working on a limited budget, going premium may not be an option for you at this point. It's still advisable to avoid starting from scratch. Have a look at the 12 free fishbone diagram PowerPoint SmartArt found online. A premium or free pre-built template helps you save time.
Work smart with a premium template from Envato Elements or GraphicRiver. Download one now!
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Business tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post