PowerPoint templates are a great way to add design elements to your presentation. MS Office templates can also be a timesaver that helps you to pull your presentation together quickly.
Even premium templates can save you money since you don't have to hire your own designer. Finally, the right template can help you to easily brand your presentation to match your company guidelines or other standards such as school requirements.
The best PowerPoint templates, of course, are the premium templates. But if you don't have any budget at all you can download PowerPoint free templates. There are literally dozens of free Microsoft PowerPoint templates online.
In this article, I've shared some of those resources for you, including free professional PowerPoint templates, free modern PowerPoint templates, and free educational PowerPoint templates.
You might be wondering why you should bother with premium PowerPoint templates when you can use a free one and there are so many free Microsoft Office PowerPoint templates available. Let’s briefly discuss the advantages and disadvantages of both free and premium PowerPoint templates.
Free vs Premium PowerPoint Templates
Free PowerPoint templates definitely have their own set of advantages. For starters, you can download these PowerPoint templates for free, which means you can use them even if you don’t have a big budget for your business presentation. Free PowerPoint templates are also a great choice if you’re a student who needs to create a presentation for their class.
Premium PowerPoint templates, on the other hand, have several advantages:
- They feature unique designs.
- Premium Microsoft Office PowerPoint templates also have all the needed elements to create a powerful, visually engaging presentation.
- Premium Office PowerPoint templates are updated on a regular basis.
- Premium PowerPoint templates include support from the author.
As mentioned earlier, there's no shortage of PowerPoint templates online for free download and we’ve gathered the best ones for this article, but let's start with a look at some top-notch premium templates first.
Premium Microsoft PowerPoint Templates
Before we dive into the free Microsoft PowerPoint templates, let's look at some top-notch premium Microsoft Office PowerPoint templates. If you're looking for professional results and you need to get your presentation done quickly, it's a good idea to choose from one of the many affordable Microsoft PowerPoint templates available for purchase on Envato Elements and GraphicRiver. Here are a few of our favorite PowerPoint templates:
This business PowerPoint template includes 86 unique slides to fit a wide variety of presentation needs. The template includes infographic elements to make building an eye-catching presentation easier. Plus, there are animation and transition slides. It's based on only free fonts, so you don't have to worry about making a font purchase. And there's a help guide file to make using the template even easier.
Design an eye-catching professional presentation with this popular PowerPoint template. Presentation features include:
- full HD support for 4:3 and 16:9 screen layouts
- slide transition animation
- a set of editable icons
- four pre-made themes
- 40 unique slides for each theme
- PDF quick guide
- and more!
Create a unique, professional-looking PowerPoint presentation with the Fluent template. This template is easy to edit in both MS PowerPoint for Mac 2011 or later and MS PowerPoint for Windows 2007 or later. Choose between the 20 different masters to find the layout you need. Change the background color, make it a gradient, or add a photo. Plus, the template is easy to customize with your own text and images. A help file is included.
The Business PowerPoint Presentation template is a great professional template for businesses of any size. Here are just some of the features you'll get:
- drag-and-drop ready image placeholders
- 7 professional color schemes
- 50 unique PowerPoint slides
- 16:9 widescreen layouts
- free and fast support
- and more!
If you're a creative and you need a PowerPoint template, Paradox just might be for you. It includes many infographics such as icons, maps, graphs, and more. There are 74 different slides to choose from. Plus, it includes animation and transition effects. It's based only on free fonts, so there's no need to download anything else to create your presentation. And there's a help guide file to answer your questions.
Premium Microsoft PowerPoint Templates from GraphicRiver
Before we share the best free PowerPoint templates from around the web, here are a few of our favorite PowerPoint templates from GraphicRiver:
You'll have plenty of options with one of our best-selling and versatile PowerPoint templates, Motagua. This presentation template has literally thousands of customers, and with good reason. Here are just some of the features you'll get when you download this template:
- hundreds of unique slide designs
- 60 different color themes
- choose between a light and dark colored version
- fully editable template elements
- fast and free support
- and more!
With the i9 Template System, you get tons of easily editable options such as over 13,000 slides and 22 templates. No wonder this is one of our highest ranked MS PowerPoint templates. Here's what customers have to say:
It’s brilliant and one of the best template I came I a cross; it’s truly served my purpose
Really creative, awesome design!
Best animated PowerPoint slide on the market period! Thanks for putting together such a high-quality product!
Get a clean, modern feel for your presentation with the Simplicity Template's minimalist design. Choose between 15 fresh color themes. This template includes drag-and-drop ready image placeholders for ease of use. Plus, there are product focused pages, making this ideal for a sales presentation and many other types of presentations. Four different aspect ratios are supported: 16:9, 16:104:3A4. You'll also find easy-to-edit infographics, maps, and charts.
With this professionally designed template, you'll get custom animated pages, a variety of layouts for print and screen, and a huge number of infographics and charts. The design lets you use fonts as icons--giving you a choice of thousands of icons. Customers love the Six Template for PowerPoint. Here are some customer comments:
Woow! Very nice work, great design, great slides…
This is stunning, amazing colors and typography!
Awesome Quality Design!
The Startup X Pitch Desk PowerPoint Template is a professional pitch deck designed for startups and other businesses. The modern, clean template design will wow your clients and prospects alike. It's packed with useful features such as:
- 480 unique slides organized in 20 categories
- 40 colors
- 4000+ vector icons
- around the clock support
- based on free fonts
- and more!
Where to Get the Best PowerPoint Templates (GraphicRiver vs Envato Elements)
You'll see in this round-up that both Envato Elements and GraphicRiver have outstanding Microsoft PowerPoint templates. Both options have deep libraries of professionally designed PowerPoint templates that you can use to quickly build your next presentation.
If you're wondering how to choose between the two marketplaces, here are some tips. You can't go wrong with either, but one marketplace might fit some users better than the other.
1. The Key Benefits of Envato Elements
Envato Elements gives you a tremendous value for a single flat-rate subscription. Subscribe to Elements and you'll unlock everything in the library. Want to try yet another PowerPoint template in search of your next design idea?
For frequent presenters, I highly recommend Envato Elements. That's because it includes all kinds of extras that really add a lot to your presentation, like stock photography and graphics. Not only does it include Office PowerPoint templates, but it also has everything you need to create an eye-catching presentation.
2. The Key Benefits of GraphicRiver (& Envato Market)
GraphicRiver's approach is different: you pay for individual assets purchased, and you retain indefinite rights to use that file on practically any project.
If all you need is a single PowerPoint template, then GraphicRiver might be the right choice. You can purchase single templates and use them in all future projects.
Your Choice (What’s Right for You?)
Now that we've outlined the two marketplaces, you've seen that they both have reasons that you might choose each option. So, that leaves us with the question: which marketplace is right for you?
Envato Elements offers superior value for most entrepreneurs and creatives. It takes only a few downloads before the value of the service is easy-to-see. The monthly subscription is inexpensive, and you unlock more than a million assets that you can use for your next project. Sign up for Envato Elements today.
If you only need a single template, don't forget about GraphicRiver. For the decisive creative, it offers a low-cost option.
35+ Free Microsoft PowerPoint Templates to Download
While getting Microsoft PowerPoint Templates free might seem like a good idea, keep in mind that free Microsoft PowerPoint templates sometimes don't include support or help. Plus, depending on the source, they may not always be updated to take advantage of the latest PowerPoint features. Finally, many free PowerPoint presentation templates look similar. Your presentation might not look as unique if you choose to use one.
Still, if free is all your budget can bear, there are plenty of PowerPoint presentation templates available for free download. Here we've listed some of the best free PowerPoint presentation templates we could find from a variety of sources for your convenience.
Sources for the best free PowerPoint templates downloads on this list include:
Here's your list of free templates for PowerPoint:
1. Othello Presentation Template. Editable design with 25 different slides. This free template for PowerPoint can be used as a Google Slides theme or as a PowerPoint template.
2. Back to School PowerPoint Template. Free educational PowerPoint download features blackboard backdrop.
3. Light Rays Blue PowerPoint Template. Free PowerPoint template with an abstract blue design.
4. Time Management PowerPoint Template. Free downloadable template includes a cover page with a time management theme.
5. Solanio Presentation Template. Free nature-inspired template features the color green.
6. Stethoscope Medical PowerPoint Template. This free medical PowerPoint Template features a stylized version of the popular medical symbol – a stethoscope.
7. 3D Concept Bar Chart Design for PowerPoint. Use these slides if your presentation needs to illustrate statistics with a bar chart.
8. Technology and Computers Free PowerPoint Template. There are four slide layouts in this free PowerPoint template download.
9. Free Nym PowerPoint Template. The free Nym PowerPoint template is a free modern PowerPoint template with an abstract design that can be used for a variety of purposes.
10. Veterinarian Checking Up Sick Dog. A puppy is featured prominently on this free medical PowerPoint template download for veterinarians.
11. Hand Drawn Chart Template for PowerPoint. Download this free PowerPoint template for a business presentation that includes financial situations.
12. Berlin Template. Microsoft Office owners can get a free PowerPoint templates download, including this template with an orange and black color theme.
13. Celestial Template. The purple and blue Celestial template is another free PowerPoint template from Microsoft.
14. Mowbray Presentation Template. This is a free technology-themed PowerPoint template with different slide designs.
15. Classroom Timers (Hourglass). One of many free PowerPoint templates themes for teachers available online, this one lets the teacher communicate to the class how much time is left in a test.
16. Piggy Money Box PowerPoint Template. This free Microsoft PowerPoint template can be used for a variety of money-related presentations topics.
17. Heart Cardiogram Free Animated PowerPoint Template. Here's an example of the type of free animated PowerPoint templates you can find. This one, featuring a heart, works for a medical presentation.
18. Hexagon Infographic Diagram for PowerPoint. This free Microsoft PowerPoint template diagram could work for several business applications.
19. Roderigo Presentation Template. The free Roderigo PowerPoint template was designed to illustrate the concept of teamwork.
20. Horizontal Mobile Mockup w/Hand. Here's a PowerPoint template you can download for free that depicts a hand. Add your own mobile device text.
21. Kent presentation template. A fully editable free presentation template featuring a circle pattern and multiple slide designs.
22. City Buildings and Colors PowerPoint Templates. This free modern PowerPoint template download features a colorful cityscape.
23. Corporate Identity PowerPoint Template. Another free corporate PowerPoint template--this time featuring a red theme and an illustration of a city.
24. Integral - Free Modern PowerPoint Template. Here's a free Microsoft PowerPoint presentation template with a modern design from Microsoft Office.
25. Business PowerPoint Template. Another one of the many free business PowerPoint templates. This free Microsoft PowerPoint template features a red color theme.
26. Wood Type. You can also get free PowerPoint templates backgrounds. A wood pattern gives this free PowerPoint template from Microsoft a unique look.
27. Edgar Presentation Template. A free basic intro and a purple palette characterizes these simple Office PowerPoint templates.
28. Global Infographic Chart. This data-driven layout can be used to bring numbers, data, and maps to life with pre-built placeholders thanks to the simplicity of Office PowerPoint templates.
29. Orange-Brown Triangle Mosaic Template for PowerPoint. Orange-brown accents take form as a series of panes for a modern look on every slide.
30. Blue PowerPoint Template Mountains. Mountain style your Microsoft PowerPoint themes with the free download. Swap out the color options with the app’s built-in editing tools.
31. 2019 Business Plan PowerPoint Templates. Map your journey to success with 48 assorted business plan slides included in this Microsoft PowerPoint theme with a free download.
32. Paper Idea Bulb PowerPoint Template. Here's a slide download template PPT (gratis) that helps illustrate ideas through the use of a paper idea bulb, and simple infographics.
33. Concept Slides PowerPoint Template. Track projects with these quick, no-frills business slide designs for PowerPoint free.
34. Continuous Delivery PowerPoint Template. Model closed-loop systems like recycling with this Microsoft PowerPoint theme free download. Download this template in PPT format gratis and start using it right away.
35. Pisanio Presentation Template. Bright colors are notable features of this multipurpose theme. Layouts are quickly adjustable using PowerPoint’s editing tools.
36. Kate Free Presentation Template. This Microsoft PowerPoint theme free download option styles itself in the fashion of a classic notebook.
How to Use a PowerPoint Template
Once you've downloaded your template, it's time to use it. You can learn more about using PowerPoint templates, free or otherwise, with Envato Tuts+. Here's a list of Microsoft PowerPoint tutorials to get you started:
- Microsoft PowerPointHow to Make Professional PowerPoint Presentations (With PPT Templates)Andrew Childress
- Microsoft PowerPointHow to Download & Install a PowerPoint Template in 60 SecondsAndrew Childress
- Microsoft PowerPointHow to Use PowerPoint Templates to Design PresentationsAndrew Childress
Learn More About Making PowerPoint Presentations
Now that you know where to find PowerPoint presentation template downloads, free and premium, you're on your way to creating an eye-catching slideshow that'll set your presentation apart.
If you need a primer on using PowerPoint's toolset, then you can get started with tutorial in our comprehensive guide to using Microsoft PowerPoint. Or, jump into one of these tutorials:
- Microsoft PowerPointHow to Make & Give Great PowerPoint Presentations (In 5 Simple Steps)Andrew Childress
- Microsoft PowerPointHow to Make PPT Slide Layouts in Microsoft PowerPointAndrew Childress
- Microsoft PowerPointHow to Work With Views in Microsoft PowerPointAndrew Childress
Grab This eBook on Making Great Presentations (Free Download)
Another way to improve your presentation is to learn more about how to make a good presentation. To do that, you can grab our eBook: The Complete Guide to Making Great Presentations. It's available to download for Free with a subscription to the Tuts+ Business Newsletter.
The eBook will help walk you through the complete presentation process. Learn how to write your presentation, design it like a pro, and prepare it to present powerfully.
Design Your Next Presentation With a Great PowerPoint Template
Don't forget that you can use the right PPT template to help bolster your organization's brand and deliver your message with an awesome set of visuals.
Otherwise, you can get one of the many PowerPoint templates free downloads that are available online. Either way, take action and get started with making a great PowerPoint presentation.
Editorial Note: Our staff updates this post regularly—adding new, exciting PowerPoint templates with the best, trending Microsoft PowerPoint presentation designs.