You've given this a lot of thought, and here you are looking for a resignation letter template in Word. Have you been feeling unenthusiastic at your current job? And did the idea of quitting bring a massive grin to your face? It's time for a change!
The thought of wanting to resign the right way may have brought you to this article. We'll look into some free resignation letter templates in Word found on the web. These samples will give you a good idea of how to write the content of your letter.
Here's a little trick. Find a minimalistic cover letter you'd like to use for your future job application and use the same template for your resignation letter.
Find the Best Premium Letter Template for Resignation in Word Format on Envato Elements for 2021 (Unlimited Use)
Get your hands on the best resume and cover letter templates from Envato Elements. Double up these best cover letter templates as a resignation template to quit right in 2021. These premium letter templates help you save time and avoid creating from scratch.
An active Envato Elements subscription gives you access to an all-you-can-download digital library of creative assets. All for a low monthly fee.
Take all your future creative projects to the next level with this invaluable access. Work smart with Envato Elements. Cut down on design time and get the best results possible regardless of your skillset.
Unlock professional digital assets like:
- royalty-free audio and music
- graphic templates, fonts, 3D objects, and presets
- stock video and photos
- PPT, Keynote, and Google Slides templates
- WordPress, website templates, and so much more
We'll also look at the top resume and cover letter templates from GraphicRiver in the next section. GraphicRiver runs on a pay-per-download model and has a vast selection of premium Microsoft Word templates. For those who want to test out premium before signing up to Envato Elements, GraphicRiver is an excellent option.
5 Best Premium Resignation Letter Templates Word Format for 2021 (Envato Elements & GraphicRiver)
Here are five premium top minimalistic resume and cover letter templates in MS Word from Envato Elements and GraphicRiver. Use any of these templates to resign from your current job and apply for your dream job:
Gaston is a modern and minimalistic template. It comes with Microsoft Word, Adobe InDesign, and Pages files. The yellow highlight on these documents gives it a golden and elegant look. Use it to resign and this same template is perfect for your next job application.
Easily customize this template according to your needs in Microsoft Word. Update your resume, create a resignation and cover letter in minutes with minutes. Use an image of yourself or your work as the main image on the resume page.
This one-page letter template is a complement to this Design Resume template. Both these templates are handy if you need to start applying for jobs as soon as you resign. Are you becoming a freelancer? Other templates in this same design may be of interest to you.
This file comes with two resumes and two letters in two color schemes. The package contains InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, MS Word, and CorelDraw files. Download this template and start customizing it immediately.
This template works well in MS Word and InDesign. Fonts used are LATO and Montserrat (links included). Customize this template according to your needs, print, and resign your job in style.
20 Top Free MS Word Resignation Letter Template Examples to Download (2021)
Before we proceed, let's explore some premium freebies from Envato. It's a chance to test out various premium creative files for free. You may not find a letter of resignation Word template all the time among these free downloads. But it's worth a check.
Here's the offer:
- Download 12 premium files (photos, audio, video, templates, etc.) from Envato Elements every month. Create a free account to access this month's free premium files.
- Seven unique premium creative freebies from Envato Market are also up for grabs monthly. Log in or create a new account to access this month's premium freebies.
Let's explore 20 free resignation letter sample in Word templates that are free to download from the web:
1. Free Simple Formal Letter of Resignation Word Template is a straightforward document with no design elements.
2. Free Letter of Resignation From Board. This letter is more about the content than the design template. It suggests how to resign from a board position.
3. Short - Free Resignation Letter Template Microsoft Word Download. Send this short and effective resignation letter to your HR. It also comes with an email resignation template should you want to email it instead.
4. One-Pager - Resignation Letter Sample Word Template. Copy and paste this text on your own Word document.
5. Minimal - Free Resignation Template Word. Formalize your resignation by putting it down in black and white.
6. Basic - Free Resignation Template Word. This is a very brief letter and promotes further discussion in person.
7. Two Weeks Notice - Free Resignation Letter Template Microsoft Word Download. If you intend to resign and give a two-week notice before your last day, this sample letter works well.
8. Graceful - Resignation Letter Sample Word Template. This template comes with tips on how to resign and includes a brief yet graceful sample letter.
9. Security Guard - Free Formal Letter of Resignation Word Template. If you're a security guard wanting to resign, this is a sample letter template for you.
10. Free Employee Resignation Letter with 30-Day Notice. This template has a whole page of tips and a short sample with generally good causes to use.
11. Standard - Free Formal Letter of Resignation Word Template. This is a standard template that can any professional needing to resign can use.
12. Relocation - Free Resignation Letter Template Microsoft Word Download. Are you leaving your company because you're migrating overseas or relocating to a different state? Here's a sample letter for you.
13. Free Formal Resignation Letter Example. Download this example, copy the text, add it to your template and customize the content.
14. Sample - Free Resignation Template Word. Use the tips and sample wording in this template to formally inform HR or management of your resignation.
15. Basic - Free Resignation Letter Template Word. Are you lost for words? This sample letter gives you all the essential points and wordings you need.
16. Detailed and Personalized - Free Resignation Letter Template Microsoft Word Download. This sample text helps if you want to go over and beyond with the information in your resignation letter.
17. Personalized - Free Resignation Letter Template Word. This is a professional yet heartfelt sample text.
18. Retraction - Free Resignation Letter Template Word. So, what happens if you change your mind and want to stay on? Here's a retraction sample letter for you.
19. Free Regret Leaving Resignation Letter. Leaving a company may be happy news for you, but it could be unfortunate for the company. If you'd like to express that regret and show that you're working on your handover, this sample text will work well.
20. Bonus! - 33 Sample Standard Job Resignation Letter Templates. Check out these 33 sample resignation letters for inspiration.
5 Quick Tips to Make a Professional Resignation Letter in Word 2021
It's a resignation letter, so it doesn't need to be fancy. But there's no harm in resigning in style to leave with a good impression. Here are five quick tips to help you create the best possible letter of resignation:
1. Get a Dual Purpose Template
In most cases, a job application will be the next thing on your mind after resigning from your job. So why not get a template that works well for both situations? It helps you stay away from a plain one-pager with only texts.
Check out this tutorial to get an idea of how to use a premium MS Word template:
- Microsoft WordHow to Quickly Find, Edit, & Use Microsoft Word Templates (MS Theme Files)Alexis (Lexi) Rodrigo
2. Check Your Employment Agreement/Contract or Speak With HR
Before you do anything, look at your official employment documents. Check what the exit clauses are for you with your company. If everything is ok and you've got no questions, you can proceed.
If you've got some concerns, it's best to speak to HR before submitting your resignation. This will help you avoid resubmitting your resignation letter.
3. Add Relevant Details
There are many ways to write a resignation letter. But there's some basic information that needs to be in it. Any other information beyond this is optional.
Here's a quick checklist of what needs to be added to any resignation letter:
- the current date
- your address and company's address
- state that you're resigning from your current position
- your notice period as per employment contract and your last day (if unsure, just state notice period)
- pleasantries so the letter comes off as being positive
4. Keep It Short and Simple
If you've had a good relationship with your employer, it doesn't hurt to add some extra gratitude. You can thank them, mention how the company has helped you, or even mention the next steps for handover. In some cases, you'd want to say where you're going next (if you've already secured that).
On the flip side, if you've had a bad experience with the employer, avoid mentioning it here. Complaints and grievances have no place in a resignation letter. This can be discussed with HR or brought up in an exit survey.
It's not wrong to add as much as you want in this letter, but be sure to keep it short. A one-page letter is more than enough.
5. Print vs. Email
Are you going to be printing your resignation letter and handing it in person? Or are you going to be emailing over to your manager and HR representative?
If you're going to be printing it, pick a minimalistic template that would look good once printed. And if you're going to email it over, be sure to PDF the document before you hit send. In this case, you don't have to worry too much about how it'll look once printed.
Discover More Top Microsoft Word Template Designs
Below are a few selections of resume templates in Microsoft Word. Check them out for inspiration and take that next step towards your dream job. There's no better time than now!
- Resumes20 Best Free Pages & MS Word Resume CV Templates (Download for Mac 2021)Brenda Barron
- Resumes35+ Professional MS Word Resume Templates (Simple CV Design Formats 2021)Marc Schenker
- Resumes20+ Free Resume Templates for Open Office, LibreOffice, and MS Word 2021Brenda Barron
Learn More About Making Great Word Documents in 2021
If you're new to Microsoft Word, pin this MS Word Beginner's Tutorial Guide to your favorites. There are loads of simple tutorials to help you work through various questions you may have as you use MS Word.
Here are three example tutorials:
- CareersHow to Quit (The Right Way) When You Hate Your Job (So Much)Charley Mendoza
- Microsoft WordHow to Work With MS Word Spelling & Grammar Checker (Troubleshooting)Alexis (Lexi) Rodrigo
- Microsoft WordHow to Quickly Find, Edit, & Use Microsoft Word Templates (MS Theme Files)Alexis (Lexi) Rodrigo
Get a Premium Resignation Letter Template Word Format Today!
There are loads of free sample resignation letters on the web. But most free resignation letters found online only focus on the format and text. The design elements on these templates are minimal or nonexistent.
Do you want to resign right by using a well-designed premium letter template? Start by exploring Envato Elements. An active Envato Elements membership unlocks tons of professional creative assets. Easily download any cover letter template for MS Word and use it as a resignation letter.
Download your resignation letter template in Word from Envato Elements or GraphicRiver now. It's time to resign!
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Business tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post