How do you stay organized? Being focused has never been more important than in 2022. A bullet journal may help. Here are our best bullet journal ideas for beginners.
We all want to be more productive. Every day it seems like countless tasks pile up in our personal and professional lives. Staying organized, motivated, and focused has never been more important. But how do we stay focused when there are one million things grabbing your attention?
The answer may be much more simple than you think. With the use of a bullet journal you've got the flexibility to create to do list, a goal tracker, and a place to collect your thoughts.
In this article, we'll cover what a bullet journal is, bullet journal ideas, and how to build your own. By the end of the article you'll have a new way to be able tackle your goals!
What Is a Bullet Journal?
At its core a bullet journal is a daily planner and diary. It uses bullet points to organize to do lists, your monthly calendar, notes, and long term and short term goals. What's great about a bullet journal is that it's very customizable. The styling of the journal and the information that you put in it can be completely customize to fit your goals.
As you are about to see, bullet journals can be quite artsy looking. However, keep in mind that bullet journaling it's always about function over form. So no art skills are needed to create an effective bullet journal.
What Do Bullet Journals Look Like?
Now that we've got an idea of what bullet journals are, let's go over a few bullet journal ideas and examples of what they could look like. Bullet journals can be used for all types of goal setting, daily habit trackers, and anything that you want to improve in your life.
Let's now have a look at a bullet journal ideas and examples of what their pages look like.
Trackers are a great bullet journal page idea. They make sure you're headed in the right direction with your different trackable tasks. You can track anything with your bullet journal. You can track anything from sleep to your finances. The dotted pages make it easy for you to add in checkboxes to tick off anything that you track.
Calendars are essential for productivity and are another great bullet journal idea. You can add in calendars of all different types with a bullet journal. The bullet journal makes it easy for you to check off all of your daily activities. You can make as much or as little space for your tasks for each day on each journal page.
Drawings are a great way to help you stay more engaged with your journals content. They can of course be used to help you with your projects if you're designing something as well.
There are many more simple bullet journal ideas that we'll cover later in this article as well.
Now that we've got a basic understanding of what our bullet journal can look like and bullet journal ideas, let's go over how you can make one.
How to Make Your Own Bullet Journal
So now that we know what a bullet journal is and what it looks like, let's now go over how you can create one.
1. Purchase a Notebook
You first need to purchase a notebook. But not just any notebook. You need to buy one that's dotted pages instead of lined pages. This will help you create your to do lists, graphs, charts, calendars, and other helpful journaling elements.
Of course you'll also need a pen or pencil. One optional tool can be used are colored markers or pencils. This will help add a more visual appeal to your notebooks and help you stay more engaged with your journals content.
2. Set Your Intention
Before you begin creating all types of to do lists, calendars, and drawings, you first need to set your intention for the notebook. Ask yourself, "What are you trying to accomplish?"
You'll want to reflect on how the bullet journal can help make you a more productive person. Only when you've reflected on your purpose or intention of the journal should you start writing in it.
The first entry on page one of your journal can be a statement of your intent for the journal. That way when you open the bullet journal, you'll be reminded of what the main purpose of it is.
3. Set Your Theme
Once you've got your intention, you can set a theme for the bullet journal. This refers to not only the visual representation of the bullet journal, but the types of journaling you do. Are you going to include calendars, pie charts, or other types of graphs. Having this set from the beginning will help you create a more unified bullet journal.
This theme will be important when you start adding more and more content to the journal. You'll want information that's consistent and recognizable so you can take action on it as soon as possible!
The theme also refers to the colors and fonts as well. Try picking out certain colored pens or pencils for specific tasks. For example, you can use your blue pen for calendar entries and have your black pen be your to do list items.
You can get really creative with your theme. You can also include drawings that make your page look more appealing. Below is an example of a page that includes more visual elements.
4. Get to Work!
Once you've got your materials, know what you want to use the journal for, and have a theme in place, it's time to get to work! Start filling in your pages with the content that you feel will help you set your goals.
In the next section, we'll cover a bunch of different topics that you can add to your bullet journal to help make you a more productive person.
Bullet Journal Ideas
As mentioned, bullet journals are incredibly versatile. In this section, we'll go over a bunch of different bullet journal ideas that you can add to your bullet journal.
You can pick and choose topics that fit well for your personal and professional life and add them to your journal.
Here's our list of simple bullet journal ideas by category:
1. Personal Growth
- Professional Development. Create lists of professional accomplishments as well as any issues that you were having can you help me get a better understanding of how you can grow professionally.
- Morning Routine. Start the day off with a solid morning routine is important for your productivity and health. Keeping a diary of your morning routine and how you feel about this routine is a great use of a bullet journal.
- Skills to Learn. Learn new skills not only is healthy for our brain, but it also helps us be more productive. Keeping a list of skills to learn can help remind you to finally start learning that new skill.
- Quotes. Everybody loves a good quote. There are always quotes that inspire us in the should be recorded.
- To-Do List. Everybody has a list of to do's. At its core, a bullet journal is a to do list. Simply add this list two to the productivity section of your journal.
- Project Management. Keep track of your various projects can be quite daunting. You can section off different parts of a page in your journal to organize your projects.
- Goal Setting. Goal setting is a habit that everyone should start if they haven't already. You can list your goals in your bullet journal and then create actionable tasks below the goals.
- Trackers. Whether you're tracking your sleep, weight, or calories, a bullet journal makes tracking simple and easy.
- Budget. We all have financial constraints. Keeping budgets in your bullet journal or easy to reference and will help you stay on track.
- Debt tracker. Staying in control of your debt is critical for your financial well-being. Keeping a debt tracker in your bored journal can help motivate you to eventually get out of debt.
- Money saving. With a bullet journal you can make it fun to save money. You can add graphs pie charts and other visual elements to help you save money.
- Taxes. Nobody likes doing taxes. Bullet journals can make help you organize your tax information much easier.
- Business expenses. You can easily create spreadsheet of your business expenses in your bullet journal. While this may be easier to do in software, it's still a good idea to have a hard copy.
- Chores. We all have chores that need to be performed around the house. Keeping a daily list is the chores that need to be done are a great way to stay on task.
- Meal Planner. Planning your meals is the best way to stay on a diet. They ensure that you've got the necessary food in your house to make meals and encourage you to eat at home.
- Home Improvement. There are always those pesky home improvement projects that you never seem to start. You can list them in your bullet journal and write down notes for each project in your journal.
- Cleaning. We all hate it, but have to do it. Setting a reminder in your journal and adding the specific tasks are great first step in finally cleaning your living space.
If you're motivated on reaching your goals with the use of a bullet journal, then we've got the perfect offer for you. Check out the next section to find out what this offer is!
Gain Access to High Quality Creative Assets (With Unlimited Use)
Accomplishing your goals is all about being productive. In order to be productive, we need to spend our time on tasks that we can accomplish efficiently. If you're running your own business or are working in a creative profession then you'll be using creative assets in your day to day work.
Using professional creative assets in your projects are a must if you're trying to save time and finish your projects. Envato Elements has just what you need to supercharge your next project and save you time.
Envato Elements is the best place on the web for creative tools of all types. For a low monthly fee, you get unlimited downloads of PowerPoint templates, photos, fonts, videos, and much more. All of these resources can be used in your next project.
Elements is one of the best values out there for creatives today. With the unlimited downloads, you'll be able to try out all types of options in your upcoming projects.
Here's how you can benefit from using Envato Elements:
- save money by not having to hire professional graphic designers
- save time by starting with an already professional design
- generate new ideas with all the fresh creative assets
- focus on other parts of your creative project
GraphicRiver also has plenty of creative assets that you can purchase. Instead of paying for a subscription, you can purchase individual creative assets with the same great quality!
By using the creative assets on Envato Elements, you can not only become a more efficient worker in your professional and personal life, but you can use the assets to add to your bullet journal.
The Time Is Now!
Bullet journals are a powerful tool that you can start using today to become more productive. One of the biggest pros to using bullet journals is that they're incredibly flexible. They can be designed to fit anyones personality, goals, and way of working.
All you need is a notebook and a pen and you're ready to start accomplishing your goals!
Be sure to check out Envato Elements and GraphicRiver as well. The images and graphic elements can be added to your bullet journal to make it look more visually appealing. There aren't only elements for your bullet journal, but elements for any type of creative project. Supercharge your workflow today!