Keynote backgrounds might fall behind your content, but that doesn't mean they're forgettable. Pair your content with excellent Keynote presentation backgrounds for eye-catching presentations.
With the help of Keynote presentation backgrounds in templates, it's easier to balance content with backgrounds. The templates in this article will help you do just that!
In this round-up, we'll show you 18 free Keynote presentations with great backgrounds. You'll also see advanced options for unlimited premium downloads Keynote presentation backgrounds on Envato Elements. Plus, see pay-as-you-go Keynote background templates on GraphicRiver.
The Best Keynote Templates on Envato Elements (With Unlimited Use)
When you're creating a Keynote presentation, you need the help of templates. Instead of building your designs from scratch, start with a template to save you time and effort.
Envato Elements is an amazing, all-you-can-download library for creatives. It includes unlimited access for a flat rate. Unlock Keynote presentation backgrounds inside of templates that
If you want the best Keynote presentation backgrounds, Envato Elements is the best option. You can source unlimited Keynote presentations, then add to them with stock photos. Your subscription includes both. And both work as Keynote backgrounds, as you'll see.
No matter how often you're presenting, a subscription to Envato Elements is an unbeatable value. Subscribe today to unlock more than a million assets.
5 Top Keynote Backgrounds in Top Templates on Envato Elements
The templates in this section focus on great Keynote backgrounds. Remember, they're all included with Envato Elements! Here are three ways to build good Keynote backgrounds with the help of these templates:
Photo placeholders that are ready for background images to create eye-catching slides
- Eye-catching solid colors with attractive schemes that complement the content
Patterns and layouts that balance Keynote backgrounds with the content on the slides
Keynote backgrounds don't have to cover the entire slide. This template is a perfect example of that. Many of the slides use "partial cover" backgrounds that complement your content. Use the 40 clean slides with ready-to-use designs to build an excellent presentation.
Digital magazines harken back to the fancy layouts of their printed counterparts. And thanks to this Keynote template, you can easily create one with engaging backgrounds. Use it to put together a cohesive story with the help of the built-in designs. Many of them already include appealing Keynote presentation backgrounds.
Colorful shapes are the key to these Keynote presentation backgrounds. More than 54 slides are included. Each has unique layouts and combinations of eye-catching elements. It's a minimal template that uses Keynote background templates elegantly.
Many of the slides in this template use stylish gradients for great Keynote presentation backgrounds. Better yet, it also includes the custom image masks that balance content with eye-catching Keynote backgrounds. Use the high-resolution designs on 54 unique slides for a modern presentation.
A look book is perfect as a quick-turning presentation for fashion brands. With the help of a template like this, you've got Keynote backgrounds that complement your images. The slides feature perfectly faded imagery fit for Keynote presentation backgrounds. Just fill in your details!
5 of the Best Premium Keynote Backgrounds in Templates on GraphicRiver
You don't always need unlimited access. Sometimes a single Keynote presentation with a great background is enough.
For those occasions, you can use GraphicRiver, another site in the Envato Market Network. Buy unique, pay-as-you-go Keynote presentation backgrounds you choose.
Let's check out five of the best Keynote presentation templates—all with amazing backgrounds!
The best Keynote backgrounds complement your content. Verzus is the perfect example of this because most sides have dimmed backgrounds. That ensures that you don't obscure or overshadow your slide content. Use the 350 unique slides to show your content with style.
Modern design trends use slick custom image masks. Those masks, included in this template, transform your ordinary, rectangular imagery into stunning shapes. And they work well as backgrounds because they leave space on your slide where text falls in.
With 195 well-designed slides, Athena is a modern Keynote presentation. It leans on slide designs that prioritize eye-catching backgrounds. It's another template that contains custom masks for creative image shaping as a background layer.
A template like Earth is all about imagery. It's perfect for nature or geographic presentations that bring the outdoors, indoors. And of course, all the Keynote backgrounds are easy to customize thanks to easy drag-and-drop options.
Chalkboards are the background for many of my best memories of learning. With the help of this template, you can use one as your Keynote presentation background! This is an education-ready Keynote template with an excellent backdrop for education and more.
18 Free Keynote Presentations With Great Backgrounds
These templates are good enough for simple presentations. They all have Keynote backgrounds in templates that are ready for use. When your budget has to be zero, these might do the trick. Here are 18 of the best Keynote backgrounds in templates.
1. Free Apple Keynote Template - Timeline. Use this free Keynote background for business or school projects. Easily create timelines for specific project dates, percentage increases, or numbers.
2. Free Minimal Keynote Template. Create a personal or designer portfolio with this Keynote background. The design is modern and straightforward. Plus, the template includes 450 vector icons as shapes.
3. Balance - Free Minimal PowerPoint and Keynote Template. This bright and colorfully designed template is professional and creative. Add your text and images to it by using the drag and drop placeholders. The 18+ slides in this Keynote presentation background are print-ready.
4. Creative Keynote Template. The Creative Keynote Template is a clean and artistic Keynote background. Geometric graphics are a featured part of the design. The slides in this cool Keynote background are fully editable.
5. Free ProBusiness Keynote Presentation Template. Clean and modern design are the focus of this business Keynote background template. Drag and drop placeholders and icons as vectors are included.
6. 42 Free Slides for PowerPoint/Keynote and Google Slides. These robust and vibrant Keynote background designs are well suited for business. Change the Keynote slide background color. Both light and dark versions are included.
7. History Timeline. Simple design will keep the focus on the timeline of historical events in this Keynote background template. Use this Keynote background for either business or educational projects.
8. Zane Free PowerPoint Template. While the title mentions PowerPoint, Zane is also designed for use in Keynote. The colorful and modern design of this Keynote presentation background makes it a stylish choice for business presentations.
9. Business Ideas - Free Keynote Template. The Business Ideas Keynote background features fun and colorful design. The infographics are modern. Slides in this Keynote presentation background contain plenty of space for your text.
10. X - Free PowerPoint and Keynote Template. X has a minimal but creative design that's perfect for professional presentations. Free fonts, drag and drop placeholders, and resizable vector and shape elements are included in this Keynote background template.
11. Free Modern Keynote Template. Easily add your data to this Keynote background template. The 23 modern and clean slides feature soft colors and geometric borders.
12. Simplistic Keynote Theme - Free. Bright and satiny tones are featured in this Keynote background template. Modern infographics help illustrate the data you're presenting, like product information or data assessments.
13. Prototype Presentation Design. Use the Prototype Keynote background for personal or professional use thanks to its clean design. Animated and non-animated slides are included. Each of the 39 slides is in full HD resolution.
14. Free Simple Keynote Template. This cool Keynote background features lots of icons and layouts. The simple design of this Keynote background template makes it great for personal or professional use.
15. Free Keynote Tree Diagram. This cool Keynote background features a whimsical tree and outdoor theme. Tree diagrams are on these slides so you can easily present your information in a fun way.
16. The Press Free Keynote Template. The Press is a multipurpose Keynote background thanks to its clean and stylish aesthetic. It features 16 unique slides. Change the Keynote slide background color easily.
17. Scratchy Burnout. The soft yellow and red theme of this cool Keynote background is excellent for creative and artistic presentations. Pictures and text can easily be inserted to create your next presentation.
18. Punaca Free Keynote Template. Punaca is a fun and playful Keynote background template. Use the drag and drop placeholders to add your content to this cool Keynote background. All graphics are resizable and editable.
5 Tips to Make Keynote Presentations With Great Slide Backgrounds
Still hungry for more info on Keynote backgrounds? Let's look at five top tips to help you create Keynote presentation backgrounds that balance perfectly with your content.
Don't miss out on other content to help you build your best presentation yet. Make sure to check out our tutorial series, How to Use Apple Keynote (Ultimate Tutorial Guide.)
1. Fade the Background
No matter what you choose for your Keynote backgrounds, they've got to follow one principle: don't interfere with the content. A background should complement the content, not overshadow it.
It helps to fade an image so that your content is more visible. With an image selected, choose the Format menu and pull the Opacity slider down to fade the image.
2. Adjust Your Image - Inside of Keynote!
You might be tempted to immediately jump to Photoshop or another app to adjust your images. Instead, consider that Keynote has a few basic image adjustment tools like cropping and exposure tweaks.
Use our tutorial below to learn more about Keynote's built-in image adjustment tools:
3. Use Custom Image Masks
In many of the templates we've shared, slides include custom image masks. That means that you can take an ordinary, rectangular image and transform it into a fancy shape.
Custom image masks work well as Keynote backgrounds. That's because they help you cover only part of your slide. That leaves plenty of room for content.
4. Contrast Is King
There's nothing worse than a slide that lacks contrast. Text clashes with images and backgrounds and makes it hard to read. Your Keynote slide background color needs to harmonize with the content.
That's why contrast is king. With slides like the example below, dark text on light backgrounds (or vice versa) keeps everything readable and easy to browse.
5. Try Templates From Other Apps
Keynote has its presentation format. But with a bit of help, it can also work with other apps. That includes PowerPoint presentations. To tap into a PowerPoint presentation for a Keynote background choice, try importing one.
Use the tutorial below to try out PowerPoint templates in Keynote. You might be surprised at how well they work:
- Microsoft PowerPointHow to Convert PowerPoint (PPTX) for Mac Keynote PresentationsAndrew Childress
Design a Keynote Presentation With Eye-Catching Backgrounds Today
You saw 18 free options in this tutorial that help you create your presentation at no cost. With the help of templates and tips, balance content and background graphics perfectly.
Use these Keynote presentation backgrounds to create a great presentation! No matter which option you choose, make sure to use a great background to match your content.
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post