To get—and keep—your customers' attention, email is one of the best methods.
For it to work, you'll need a well-designed email newsletter.
But what if you're not confident about your email newsletter design skills? That's where using an email newsletter template can help your emails stand out by looking truly professional.
In this guide, I'll share some of the best email templates to help you achieve that goal. I'll direct you to the best premium Mailchimp newsletter templates. And if you're on a tight budget, I'll share some free Mailchimp templates too.
A big advantage of using email newsletter templates is that you don't need design skills to create a stunning email newsletter. Plus, if you've prepared your content in advance, newsletter creation is extremely fast.
Using templates gives you access to a wide range of possible designs. When you've got a unique, creative design, you'll get more attention from your audience. You'll also be more likely to build up a database of loyal subscribers.
A great place to find eye-catching email newsletter templates is Envato Elements. There are hundreds of templates available for download. Plus, they've got a great offer you can take advantage of today: download as many Mailchimp newsletter templates (and other design assets) as you want for one low price.
No matter what kind of email newsletter you're planning, a template will help you raise your game by creating something that's visually appealing.
While you may be tempted to download free Mailchimp templates, your best deal is to invest in a more unique, professionally designed premium email templates.
Remember, Mailchimp newsletter templates downloads come with your Envato Elements account. Here are some premium email templates worth considering.
If you're looking for good Mailchimp examples, the Starburst responsive email newsletter theme is a good place to start. It's easy to customize via its proprietary drag-and-drop builder, which lets you add and remove newsletter modules as required.
It only takes a couple of clicks to change colors, and it's easy to adjust text. This attractive email newsletter template will help you wow your subscribers without needing to learn design skills.
The Minilam responsive email template set has a lot to offer. With more than 100 modules, there are multiple ways to create a professional email newsletter that's uniquely yours.
The template set includes 10 pre-built templates to help you speed up the design process. It's also got its own modules composer. You can export HTML with no tags to use your responsive email template not just in Mailchimp, but in any email marketing software.
Use the Fritz multipurpose email template with virtually any email marketing software. Changing the layout, colors, images, elements and background takes just a couple of clicks. This is a great template to use if you like a clean and modern design. It includes 20 modules and useful documentation to help with the customization process.
This is another clean, modern email newsletter template design, which makes it easy to create an eye-catching newsletter. It includes full documentation and PSD files, and can be used in Mailchimp, iContact and Campaign Monitor. It'll work well in Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, Outlook and Apple Mail.
This responsive email template set helps you create newsletters for almost any kind of business. It includes more than 40 modules, with four demo newsletters to use as a starting point for creating your own. It's compatible with all major browsers and email newsletter providers. Plus, it's easy to customize, either via the drag-and-drop builder or using the included documentation.
Envato Elements (Design Without Limits)
Envato Elements has a single compelling (all inclusive) offer:
Sign up for Envato Elements and you get access to thousands of creative graphics and templates (with unlimited use), from email templates to royalty free audio tracks, and more — all for one low price.
That’s right! Download as many creative Mailchimp email templates, graphics and royalty free audio as you want. Then customize them to fit any of your project needs.
While Envato Elements is a powerful option, if you prefer to buy a new premium responsive email template one at a time (instead of getting unlimited access to hundreds of creative designs), check out the selection from our Envato Market below.
However, if you simply need an email newsletter template for a one-off project, check out the Mailchimp examples on ThemeForest. There are thousands of responsive email templates to choose from. Here are a few worth checking out.
If you're planning an event, this is an excellent responsive email newsletter template to use. It's compatible with the StampReady email newsletter builder. It also works well in both Mailchimp and Campaign Monitor. All major browsers and email clients are supported.
The Candy responsive email template is compatible with Mailchimp and other email marketing software. Customize it with the StampReady builder. This tool makes it easy to duplicate or hide modules, and to change colors and background images. The HTML version of this template works with all major email marketing software. Plus, this template can be exported without tags.
Whether you're running a small business, an office, an agency, or a big corporate firm, the Neo responsive email template will offer the professional look you need when communicating with your subscribers.
It works with Mailchimp and Campaign Monitor and can be customized via the StampReady email newsletter builder. It's compatible with all major browsers and most major email clients.
The Mars email template works seamlessly with Mailchimp and the StampReady builder. You can use drag-and-drop to create your own unique email newsletter template and export it in a variety of formats. There are also several premade templates you can use as a starting point. With these templates, your background images will show up on all email clients.
5. Fashion - Ecommerce Responsive Email Template With StampReady, Mailster, Mailchimp, Campaign Monitor
For e-commerce Mailchimp examples, check out this email newsletter template designed for the fashion industry. This drag-and-drop responsive email template includes 10 layouts, including a specially designed lookbook layout. This works with all major email newsletter software, as well as the StampReady builder. It's easy to edit and has unlimited color variations.
6. Corporate - responsive email newsletter templates With online StampReady & Mailchimp Builders Access
The corporate email newsletter template uses drag-and-drop for easy customization. It's compatible with Mailchimp and the StampReady builder. This responsive email template set can be used for multiple purposes and includes eight premade designs. It supports major browsers and email clients. Ensure that your newsletter looks attractive no matter what your subscribers are using.
Need to create an email newsletter targeting the baby products sector? Things for Cuties is ideal. The template set includes 21 email newsletter designs and ready to upload Mailchimp zip files. There's also a Photoshop template. This email newsletter template set has an e-commerce focus. It integrates with matching Zen Cart and OpenCart templates. There's matching corporate stationery as well.
This popular email newsletter template has a clean and minimalistic design, suitable for those who like to keep things simple. It works well with the main browsers and email clients and, because it's responsive, also looks good on mobile devices. The template set includes 12 prebuilt layouts and 11 color schemes. You can easily use the set to give your email newsletter the wow factor that keeps subscribers interested.
This is a modular email newsletter template that you can easily customize by using drag-and-drop and the StampReady builder. It's fully responsive and includes a flexible table builder. All images are automatically compressed for fast loading, and your newsletter will look great in all the major email marketing services.
This template set uses the MailBuilds email newsletter builder. Use drag-and-drop to create unlimited versions of your email newsletter with as many different color schemes as you want. The text editor is easy to use, and you can easily insert images into your newsletter by uploading them directly or from the cloud. Export newsletters created with this template to Mailchimp, Campaign Monitor or via HTML. No tags are neeeded. Use in any email marketing software.
This responsive email newsletter template has been tested on every browser and email client for full compatibility. It uses the popular flat design. Create an email newsletter that'll appeal to subscribers, no matter what browser, device or email software they use. It includes several beautiful backgrounds and can be customized via the included builder.
12. Marquez - Multipurpose Responsive Email: 80+ Sections + StampReady Builder + Mailchimp + Mailster
This professional email newsletter design toolkit is intended for those wanting to create an email marketing campaign with real impact. It's got 18 layouts and 80 sections that you can combine in many ways to create your own unique email newsletter. This template works with the StampReady builder. It's also compatible with Mailchimp and other email marketing software.
This responsive email template also uses the MailBuilds online email newsletter builder. This helps you easily customize the included templates or even use them as a starting point to create your own. There are unlimited colors. Use drag-and-drop for quick email newsletter creation. Both adding images and text editing are simple so you can still have a newsletter that matches your brand. Once you've created a template, you can save it for use in your chosen email marketing software.
This is a modular responsive email template, which is easy to customize using the StampReady builder. It's responsive, so it'll look good on mobile email apps. Plus, it's compatible with the major email marketing software. It won't take long for you to get a unique email template, which you can use in Mailchimp or your chosen email marketing app.
This template pack is flexible and modular, helping you to quickly design a unique email newsletter to meet the needs of your business. As well as Mailchimp newsletter templates, it includes templates for campaign monitor and other email marketing software. It's compatible with all email clients and especially designed to load quickly. The pack includes 10 modules and five layout variations to get you started.
If your business is on a tight budget, you might prefer to get a free responsive email template. Remember, when you get Mailchimp email templates for free download, you may not get the level of support that you need when creating your email newsletter. Plus, you can't be sure that the creators keep the template up to date with the latest standards. And the designs may not be as unique as with a professional package.
With these considerations in mind, here are some free responsive email templates for Mailchimp and other providers to consider.
If you're looking for free email newsletter templates, you'll want to consider Perk. It can be customized to use for many different businesses.
2. Vision - Free Email Newsletter Template. A clean email marketing template for free download suitable for product launches.
3. Zurb - Free Responsive Email Template. A customizable free responsive email template with space for a large hero image.
4. Pook - Free Responsive Newsletter Template. A modern business email template for free download for Mailchimp, Campaign Monitor and more.
5. Email Monster - Free HTML Email Newsletter Templates. Loads of predesigned templates and free email editor.
6. ColorLib - Mailchimp Free Responsive Newsletter Template. A useful free HTML email newsletter template design for fashion and clothing retailers, available on Github.
7. OnePage Free Email Newsletter Template. A one-page customizable business email template for free download for newsletters.
8. Bella – Free HTML Email Template (+PSD). An
easy to read free HTML email template for creating a simple, eye-catching newsletter.
9. Mooza Free Responsive Email Template for Mailchimp. This attractive free HTML email template from PixelHint is easy to customize.
10. Campaign Monitor Free Email Template. Use Campaign Monitor's builder to create your own unique template free of charge.
11. CodePen - Responsive Free HTML Email Template. Designed completely using the HTML code alone, this template can be used for any marketing purpose.
12. Summer - Mailchimp Email Marketing Template Free. Email on Acid
provides a vibrant free responsive newsletter template. This is suitable for the summer season.
13. Agency Penrose - Responsive and Flat, Free Email Template Design. A simple and multipurpose free email template that's suitable for all email clients.
14. Accessible - Free Email Template Design. A straightforward email for updating subscribers with recent articles, featuring image, description and links.
15. Flow - Free Email Template Design. A calm and earth-toned email marketing template for free.
16. Real Estate - Free Email Template Design. A perfect email template to keep your customer base up to date with your latest property listings
17. Sonata - Free Responsive Email Template. A good free email template that's multipurpose and would help you create a good newsletter to keep customers informed.
18. Antwort - HTML Email Template Free Download. Antwort is a multipurpose responsive email template. It offers columns on desktop that automatically becomes rows on mobile.
19. Mailchimp - Free Email Newsletter Templates. Cut to the chase and use Mailchimp's builder to create your own unique template free of charge. More than 100 templates to pick from.
20. Passion - HTML Responsive Email Template. This multipurpose free responsive email template has several nice features. Plus, you'll get an editable and layered PSD file with your download.
Want to get more email newsletter tips? Check out the articles below:
- Email NewslettersMailChimp vs. Campaign Monitor: Which Is the Best Email Newsletter Software?Brenda Barron
- Email Marketing20 Responsive Email Newsletter Templates—For 2019 Marketing CampaignsMarc Schenker
- Email MarketingHow to Quickly Make Newsletters in Mailchimp With Pro Template DesignsSharon Hurley Hall
Which Email Template Will You Choose?
You just saw dozens of premium email templates as well as business email templates for free download. Now, it's your turn.
Pick one of the templates in our roundup, then get started on creating your own email newsletter. Don't forget. If you use premium email template designs instead of free email templates, you'll get a more individual newsletter and much better support. Check out the 2019/2020 trending premium email templates on Envato Elements and Mailchimp email templates on ThemeForest.
Editorial Note: Our staff updates this post regularly—adding new, trending premium and free HTML email templates with the best designs.
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post