Are you putting together a Keynote presentation? Whether for your business, school, or personal use, you want it to look good. The more eye-catching and professional your presentation is, the better impression you'll make.
The best way to create an attractive, professional Keynote slide deck is by using a professional Keynote template.
Using a Keynote presentation template with a great design will save you time. Simply enter your information, diagrams, and photos and you're ready to go.
In this article, we'll explore Keynote themes. I'll share some examples of each. Finally, I'll share more resources to help you make the best possible Keynote presentation.
Why Choose a Premium Keynote Template?
The Keynote templates you choose are important because they affect the impression you'll make. The better the Keynote design of your presentation, the more engaged your audience will be.
If you're not a graphic designer, it might take you forever to create an attractive Keynote template from scratch. Or you might find yourself hiring a graphic designer to create one for you.
You may be considering getting Keynote templates for free download. But if you want a professionally designed Keynote template investing in a premium Keynote template is a much better bargain. Consider the following benefits of a professionally designed template:
- eye-catching design created by a professional
- technical support to answer questions
- greater number of slide options
- updates to the template design
Remember, a lot of people use the free Keynote templates they find online. So, you risk having your presentation look just like every else's when you rely on free Keynote templates for Macs. If you really want your Keynote slideshow to stand out, a premium template can do that for you. You can find some great premium presentation templates on Envato Elements or GraphicRiver.
Here are just some of the great themes you'll find:
If you're serious about making a good impression for your business, Envato Elements is your best bet. Read on to find out why.
Best Premium Keynote Templates on Envato Elements (With Unlimited Use)
If you do presentations often, or if you use other branded design elements for your business such as WordPress themes (and more), use Envato Elements. Get unlimited access to hundreds of the best Keynote themes for one low price.
The premium Keynote templates we feature here are designed specifically for business owners. If you need to make a good impression for your business, we've got a Keynote template that you can customize quickly. Just add your business ideas, insert your data, and showcase your company's solution to make the slideshow you need to make a sale or win over an investor.
The ready-to-use templates have creative and original designs to choose from. You'll find slide designs for nearly every business need, including:
- business plans
- product updates
- sales decks
- company meetings
Just add your own information to one of these templates and you're ready to give your presentation!
5 Top-Notch Premium Keynote Templates on Envato Elements (2021 Downloads)
Here are a handful of our best and most popular premium Keynote themes templates are from Envato Elements:
Here's a versatile Keynote template with a modern design that'll work for nearly any business need. You'll find everything you need, like slides for pricing, infographics, company history, and more. There are 30 slides that you can edit in a few clicks. Add your own text and drag and drop your images onto the slide master.
This beautiful Keynote presentation is functional and comes from a seasoned design professional. It's filled with design elements such as an infographic, charts, maps, mobile device mockups, and more. Few free Keynote presentations can say that.
No matter what your business, there's something here for you. Choose from over 100 different slide designs. You won't want to miss this clean and modern Keynote theme.
With five different color variations, this unique Keynote template is great for business or personal use. Also, you'll get free lifetime updates. Easily edit this premium design from within Keynote. Here are some other features that this template includes:
- based on master slides
- includes smartphone, tablet, and laptop mockups
- 50 different slide designs
- handcrafted infographic
- and more!
Are you looking for an easy-to-use modern presentation that really stands out? Look no further than this colorful Keynote presentation template. It features 93 unique slides.
Choose from two different color themes and two different aspect ratios (4:3 and 16:9). Unlike Keynote themes that are free, the template includes animation. It's a real bonus if you want to be sure of capturing your audience's full attention.
You'll love this modern, stylish Keynote template. It comes in a widescreen (16:9) aspect ratio and has 15 custom slides. This Keynote template is great for creatives and other professionals who want to use their presentation to make a statement. Try out Brilliant Ideas instead of one of the free Keynote presentation templates found online.
5 More Premium Templates to Download Now From GraphicRiver for 2021
We also have a ton of premium business Keynote templates available on GraphicRiver for individual sale. These designs are all designed to give your presentation the best professional look. You download one and use it right away.
Here are five unique professional Keynote templates ready for you to make your own:
The Kimberly Creative Keynote Template is super easy to use. It's drag-and-drop ready to make it easy for you to add your pictures, logo, or other illustration. Plus, each template design is fully editable. It comes with fast, free technical support.
Create your presentation using the 38 professionally designed slides. Don't miss this premium theme if you need to make a professional presentation fast.
Bermuda is a classy and modern Keynote Template. The dark color scheme stands out but is also completely editable. Its 35 unique slide designs include resizable graphics, device mockups, and infographics. Bermuda makes a great option for a fresh business presentation.
Are you looking for a powerful and versatile minimal Keynote template? Verzus Minimal Keynote template offers plenty of flexibility and tons of unique design layouts. There are hundreds of different slides to choose from.
Verzus makes a great alternative to Keynote themes that are free. Here's what some customers had to say:
"The best minimal template I've ever seen in my life! Amazing"
"Fantastic selection of clean and crisp templates to allow me to focus first on the content."
"I was very impressed with the slides - they helped me immensely when I was creating presentations for my team. They were easy to modify, and very tasteful and classy."
Here's a template based on free fonts with tons of original infographics. It includes an Elements pack with over 500 vector icons. Plus, the transitions are animated to help you capture and hold your audience's attention. This attractive Keynote theme comes with many popular slide designs, including:
- horizontal and vertical timelines
- charts and infographics
- device and browser mockups
- world maps
- and more!
Instead of free Keynote presentations, trust in Earth to show off your ideas.
Design professionals made the Renewable template to give you a creative option for making an energy-focused presentation. It includes many popular slide designs such as device mockups for a laptop, monitor, phone, and more. There are useful data slides included too. And unlike Keynote presentation templates for free download, it comes with documentation.
30 Free Keynote Presentation Templates for Download in 2021
Paid Keynote templates usually offer the most options, support, and more. But sometimes purchasing a premium template just isn't in your budget. Maybe you're a student working your way through college and you've got a presentation due. Or maybe you own a startup and you're strapped for cash. Either way, you've decided to download a Keynote template for free.
If that's the case, Envato Elements and GraphicRiver have you covered there too. Every month, Envato Elements and Envato Market offer select premium templates available for free.
We've also found the best free Keynote templates for 2021 that you could download. Sources for the best free professional Keynote templates for free download on this list include:
- Florida Center for Instructional Technology (Download a template from the main page by clicking on the size.)
If you've decided to download Keynote presentation templates for free, here's a list for you to explore:
This bright Keynote template is designed around yellow and purple colors. Choose from slides including charts, process maps, device mockups, and more.
2. Engineering Keynote Theme. This is a modern, almost futuristic, abstract design that showcases a high-tech look. The predominant color for this design is blue. It's a good choice if you've been searching for Keynote templates for free download
3. Cutpaper. If you've ever made patterns using construction paper, you'll relate to this original free Keynote presentation template. This Keynote theme that's free includes orange and yellow for a fall look.
4. Green Energy
The Green Energy includes a cover page and more slides for the body of your presentation. As the name suggests, the main color of this template is green. It's one of the nicer free professional Keynote templates.
5. PaintDrip Keynote Theme. Imagine that the top half of a wall is painted, and the paint is dripping down onto the unpainted half. Then you've got a good idea of what this Keynote template free download looks like.
6. Metro. Here's a subway-themed free Keynote template that includes a cover slide design and many body slide templates. This free Keynote presentation template has a modern look and feel.
This is one of many free professional Keynote templates that can be used for a variety of business purposes. It's got a wide array of infographic and design slides. There are 135 unique slide layouts are included in total.
8. Pink Purple Celestial Swoosh Keynote Theme. Use this unusual design as a background for nearly any presentation. It's got a modern, abstract feel to it. The contemporary touches are nice to have in free Keynote presentations
9. Green Chalkboard. This is another free Keynote template for the educators out there. This presentation slide design looks like an old-fashioned green chalkboard with white chalk writing on it.
This free Keynote presentation template features an abstract circular design on a dark background. Make sure the text you add to this screen is white so that it can be read.
11. Brain. The focal point of this presentation design is the silhouette of a head with a visible brain illustration inside. The cover and body slides could be used for any type of slideshow that features ideas or innovation. Few Keynote presentation templates for free download can take an audience inside the mind like Brain.
12. Stand Out Keynote Template. If you want to make an impact with your presentation, this free professional Keynote template could be the answer. It's got a bold design and typography.
13. Web 2.0. Here's a simple, but attractive slide design. This free Keynote template design features a light blue background with a grey text box. This works for many different types of classes.
Living up to its name, the Pastel Keynote template presentation download is built on soft colors. It includes plenty of room for images and other visuals. Use it if you like Keynote themes that are free and have a minimal style.
15. Orange Curve Free Keynote Template Download. This is a colorful and modern free Keynote presentation. The abstract design is made up of what shapes against a bright orange background.
16. Marketing Plan. This isn't just for marketing professionals. This Marketing Plan free Keynote presentation template has a slide design for the title of your presentation as well as some body slides.
17. Bluetiful. Here's another Keynote presentation design that keeps it simple. Your students will enjoy the dark blue title box against the light blue background.
The wave pattern on the free Blue Chevron Keynote Theme is almost hypnotic. This modern Keynote design is definitely eye-catching.
19. Blocks. Color blocking works for slide presentations too as illustrated by this presentation template with different-sized rectangles on it. Use the rectangles for images or try them with a solid color. It's a good choice if you're hunting Keynote presentation templates for free.
20. Free Keynote Theme From the Earth to the Moon. This unique Keynote theme is out of this world. It features a photograph of both the moon and the surface of the earth. Try it if you like your free professional Keynote templates with an outer space touch.
21. Gallery. Showcase your photos and other images using the free Gallery keynote theme. This theme was designed with plenty of picture placeholders to hold your illustrations.
If you're looking for Keynote presentation templates for free download, don't miss this minimal template. It works for PowerPoint and Keynote.
23. Team. If you're making a team presentation this might be the Keynote template free download you need. It includes 10 slide designs.
24. White Burst Abstract Keynote Template. This abstract blue, white, and black design will make your next Keynote presentation stand out. It's one of the more unique free Keynote presentation templates.
25. Cloud Sea Keynote Theme. This photo template for Keynote might make an impact. Use it as part of your next Keynote presentation.
AIR has over five dozen custom slide layouts available for your use. Also included are 450 vector icons and graphics that you can edit right inside of Keynote. Few Keynote themes for free download have that
27. Japan Keynote Template. This free Keynote template has a clean and modern design with pops of red color for accents throughout the template. It includes 10 slides.
28. Free Simplistic Keynote Template. If you’re looking for a simple Keynote design, this template fits the bill. It also comes with 10 premade slides.
29. Blue Chalkboard Keynote Template. This professional and free Keynote template has a simple design. Use it for all kinds of school and business presentations.
This free Keynote template would be best suited for technology related presentations. It features a bold design reminiscent of Matrix.
Where to Find the Best Premium Keynote Templates in 2021 (Envato Elements vs. GraphicRiver)
But you might be wondering which one is the best, and which one you should use. Let’s explore the key features and benefits of both sites to help you decide.
1. The Top Benefits of Envato Elements
Envato Elements is a subscription-based download service. What does that mean? Simply put, you’ll pay a low, flat monthly rate as an Elements member. And that membership will give you access to unlimited downloads of all kinds of premium digital content.
Plus, download stock music, images, videos, fonts, photo project templates, and more. Many of these resources can be useful in building your slides, too!
2. The Top Benefits of GraphicRiver (Envato Market)
GraphicRiver has equally amazing, professionally designed creative resources. But it works on a pay-per-download model. That means you buy each item individually—no membership required. This is ideal if you’re working on a one-time project, or don’t want to pay a monthly fee.
Here are the current top trending premium Keynote templates available on GraphicRiver today.
Plus, you can explore all kinds of other content like graphics, photos, video, audio, and more.
Choosing Elements or GraphicRiver (What’s Best for You?)
Choosing between Elements and GraphicRiver really depends on your mission. Suppose you’re a creative that frequently engages in new projects. Or you’re looking to explore different design concepts to find one that’s just right for you.
Envato Elements is your best bet because you can try out as many templates and designs as you want. Sign up for Envato Elements now.
But if you’re just working on a single project, purchasing a single Keynote template from GraphicRiver is a great option. Head over there now to choose a design that’s right for you.
Keynote Versus PowerPoint: Which Should You Choose?
Apple Keynote and Microsoft PowerPoint are the two major presentation apps available today. Chances are you’re familiar with one or both, but it really pays to explore which one is best.
PowerPoint remains the most widely used presentation software. But Keynote offers serious advantages that you should look at:
1. Mobile Integration
With the widespread adoption of Apple devices, Keynote has really taken off in popularity. In fact, it comes pre-loaded with newer versions of Apple’s macOS.
Plus, Apple has built an excellent version of Keynote for iPhone and iPad that’s available as a free download from the App Store.
Your projects integrate seamlessly between devices. That's a compelling reason to use Keynote. It’s the ability to work from anywhere.
2. Powerful Animations
Keynote’s animation tools are arguably easier to use than PowerPoint. They can be quickly added, switched, reordered, and moved at the touch of a button. While PowerPoint has these tools, Keynote refines them. Plus, Keynote has unique features like Magic Move that can instantly bring new life and style to your slide deck.
3. Ease of Use
Another key feature of Keynote is its ease of use. Many of us are familiar with PowerPoint simply because it’s been around so long and is so popular. But even a novice slide designer can quickly pick up Keynote and start building incredible things. Apple’s customary intuitive design philosophy is reflected throughout.
4. Easy Layout Tools
Keynote includes a multitude of built-in layout tools that live in a series of clearly defined menus and sidebars. That means you can retool slide designs to fit your needs without spending a lot of time.
For example, when you drag a content element across a slide, alignment rulers will appear automatically. These help you position the content perfectly relative to other items around it. Check out the article below to see the layout options that make Keynote the best option.
5. Different Styles
PowerPoint presentations look great—but they look familiar, too. Chances are, most of us have seen many PowerPoint slide decks. So, a top advantage of Keynote is simply that it's different. It’s an easy way to revitalize your presentations.
By using a Keynote theme, you can subtly change the look and feel of your next presentation. Even if audiences can’t put a finger on the difference, they’re sure to be refreshed by the variety.
For a full and detailed comparison of Keynote and PowerPoint, check out our article below:
How to Quickly Customize Keynote Template Slide Designs
You’ve seen all the wonderful Keynote slide templates (free and premium). Now you might be wondering how to customize them to fit your needs and match the rest of your business and brand materials. Let’s go through the steps of customizing Keynote template slide designs.
For this purpose tutorial, I’ll be using the premium Brilliant Ideas Keynote template from Envato Elements.
Envato Elements offers thousands of professionally-designed Keynote templates for one low monthly price. What’s more, on top of Keynote templates, you can also download thousands of other assets such as fonts, icons, stock photos, and more. All these assets can be used in your presentation and you can download as many as you need.
1. Customize the Cover Slide
The first thing you should do is to customize the cover slide for your presentation. This includes customizing the title with your information and deciding whether you’re happy with the default cover style. Easily choose a different master slide by clicking on the Change Master and selecting a slide design you like. To edit the title, simply double-click the text.
2. Change the Fonts
Using legible fonts is incredibly important if you want to make sure everyone can read your presentation. But it’s also important for the fonts to match your brand. Easily customize the fonts at the same time as you’re customizing the text. You can also speed up this process. Edit all the different text parts such as titles, headings, and body text on one slide and then updating the styles in the Text tab.
3. Edit Master Slides to Speed Up the Process
To quickly customize all the slides and slide elements in your Keynote template, the best way to do that is to edit the master slides. There, you can change the background colors, fonts, and more. The changes will be immediately visible when you add a new slide design to your presentation.
4. Add Your Design Elements and Content
Once you’re happy with all the changes, all that’s left to do is add your own content. Begin adding your photos, charts, icons, and the content of your presentation. When you’re done, click Save and if you plan on giving out handouts, don’t forget to export the presentation as a PDF as well by going to File > Export As > PDF.
Keep in mind that the steps listed here can be used to customize a free Keynote template. But premium Keynote templates come with more customization options than their free counterparts.
Remember, with an Envato Elements subscription you can get unlimited access to tons of the best Keynote themes (and other design assets) for a low monthly fee.
5 Quick Tips to Get Started Using Keynote
When you download a Keynote presentation or you're wondering how you're going to use these templates, calm down. It doesn't take long to learn to customize premium and free Keynote templates for Macs.
Here are five quick tips to help you get started:
1. Learn the Basics of Using Keynote
Keynote is a simple and intuitive tool, but if you've never used presentation software before you may find it scary and overwhelming. Take baby steps and dedicate some time to learn the basics. Check the step-by-step tutorial to learn about layout dimensions in Apple Keynote.
2. Master Text & Shapes
Text and shapes can make or break your presentation. Master these essential tools in Apple Keynote and you'll be producing better presentations than most.
3. Add Animations to Keynote Slides
Humans are wired to pay attention to moving objects. Take advantage of human nature by using subtle animations to make your presentation more interactive and engaging. Just remember one thing, use animations in moderation, you don't want to create chaos.
4. Add Video & Audio
Static presentations can get boring. Think about adding relevant multimedia to engage with your audience. Here are some ideas for you to include: a demo of the product, customer success stories, testimonials, field research. Check a tutorial below to learn more.
5. Prepare Alternative Formats
Stuff happens. All the time. Whether it's an informal presentation or a conference with hundreds of attendees, if something goes wrong you need to a backup plan. Learn how to convert your Keynote presentation to other formats. This way you're prepared when the computer, hard drive, cable or anything else doesn't work.
5 Top Keynote Presentation Slide Design Trends for 2021
Templates like these give you a great start building amazing presentations in 2021. But for the most impact, it pays to marry them with the latest ideas in Keynote design. Read on for five of the top Keynote slide design trends of 2021:
1. Cut Clutter to Stay Focused
Let’s face it: slides packed with content are distracting and confusing to your audience. In 2021, slide design is going minimalist. By maximizing open space and cutting out fine print, your ideas have the chance to shine.
Always remember that slides should be bright, clean, and easy to read from the back of a room.
2. Add Plenty of Images
Ever heard it said that a picture is worth a thousand words? That’s truer than ever when it comes to Keynote slide designs in 2021.
Audiences appreciate visuals. They add color and flair to every slide. Plus, they’re useful tools to introduce your team, highlight a concept, or share a product.
To make even better image slides, learn how to add animated GIFs to your Keynote presentation here:
3. Use Device Mockups
In 2021, chances are you've got a website or app to share. Sure, you could use a basic screenshot, but a device mockup brings your online presence to life.
It takes that screenshot and overlays it on a realistic 3D representation of a phone, tablet, or PC screen. This gives an audience an unmatched appreciation for how your app really looks!
4. Animate Slides With Magic Move
Magic Move is a powerful feature unique to Apple Keynote. With it, you can seamlessly animate objects from one slide to the next. It ensures continuity and provides an unforgettable transition. And thanks to Keynote, you can add the effect with just a few simple clicks.
To get started with Magic Move, visit our tutorial showing how it can wow your audience:
5. Share Data With Infographics
Gone are the days when audiences would accept wordy, dull descriptions of concepts and ideas. Modern Keynote design trends toward the use of infographics. These are visuals that merge information and graphics to clearly illustrate all kinds of ideas.
Use them to build timelines, relationship maps, trends, project plans, and much more. The possibilities are virtually limitless.
Benefits of Using Premium Keynote Presentation Templates
You might be new to seeing premium Keynote themes. You may even be asking yourself are they really better than free Keynote presentations. While the free downloads are tempting, premium options give you a lot of benefits:
- The design is professional. The presentations available on Envato Elements and GraphicRiver are made by designers that know what they're doing. This means you'll know you're working with quality. Few free Keynote presentations can say that.
- You save time. Time is everything when planning your slides. You won't have to spend a lot of time trying to make premium Keynote slideshows look great because they already do!
- Anyone can use them. There's a Keynote template out there for everyone. Whether you need it for a college presentation or a business pitch, there's a premium option for you.
- You can still be creative. Just because the themes are already well-made, doesn't mean you can't express yourself. Premium Keynote templates come with a variety of customization options. The only limit is your creativity.
- Editing is easy. Many professional Keynote presentations use Smart Objects for easy and fast designing. Some of them even have documentation in case you need help. These helpful guides are missing in a lot of Keynote themes that are free.
Benefits of Envato Elements (The Power of Unlimited Use)
It's tough to find a more helpful tool for creatives, entrepreneurs, and professionals than Envato Elements. For a low monthly fee, download as many creative assets as you want. That means Keynote themes, stock photos, music tracks, and more, all available without limits.
Experiment and create to your heart's content. What could you do with unlimited? Sign up for Envato Elements to design without limits.
Common Keynote Presentation Questions Answered (FAQ)
Our tips will work with Keynote templates with free downloads, too. It's a great way to combine your template with new techniques. Let's look at five of the most common questions that Keynote beginners ask when working in the app:
1. Can You Work With Others on Your Keynote Presentation?
Collaboration helps your presentation become the best it can be. Why not invite others to help you work on your presentation?
With the help of the following tutorial, it's easy to share and bring others into your document. You can even work together in real-time. This tip also works with free Keynote presentation templates.
2. Can You Import Documents to Keynote?
The worst-case scenario when you're building a presentation is redoing work. Maybe you've received a document like a PDF into your presentation. Luckily, there's a solution!
Learn how to import and convert a PDF to work with Keynote in this article:
3. How to Export Keynote to Other Formats
Keynote is a macOS and iOS app. Naturally, that means that many users will resist using it if they prefer other platforms.
To help others work with your presentation, learn to export the file as a PPTX, PDF, and more. It helps practically anyone view and work with your presentation. This tip also works with free Keynote templates in 2021.
4. Does Keynote Support Importing PowerPoint Files?
Switching presentation apps is tough. There's plenty to learn. More importantly, you probably need to work with presentation files you've used in the past.
Learn how to take a PowerPoint document and convert it for use in Keynote:
- Microsoft PowerPointHow to Convert PowerPoint (PPTX) for Mac Keynote PresentationsAndrew Childress
5. Can You Share Keynote Presentations Online?
It's not always possible to bring all your colleagues into the same conference room. Sometimes, you'll need to stream and share a presentation to bridge the gap. Keynote Live is a great feature for exactly this purpose.
Use our guide to broadcast your presentation in realtime:
Learn More About Using Keynote
We've got templates and other resources to help you learn more about using Keynote. Here are just a few resources to help:
- KeynoteHow to Quickly Change Keynote Custom Themes (In 60 Seconds)Andrew Childress
- KeynoteHow to Use Keynote Slides (Layout Dimensions, Sizes, & Design)Andrew Childress
- KeynoteHow to Email & Share Keynote Presentations in 60 SecondsAndrew Childress
Learn More About Making Great Presentations
Now that you know where to find free and premium Keynote presentation template downloads, you're on your way to creating an eye-catching slideshow that'll set your presentation apart. Plus, don't forget that you can use the right template to help strengthen your organization's brand.
Another way to improve your presentation is to learn more about how to make a good presentation. To do that, you can grab our eBook: The Complete Guide to Making Great Presentations. It's available to download for free with a subscription to the Tuts+ Business Newsletter.
The eBook will help walk you through the complete presentation process. Learn how to write your presentation, design it like a pro, and prepare it to present powerfully.
Use the Right Keynote Templates to Give a Powerful Presentation
You've just explored some of the best premium and free Keynote templates and themes for 2021. No matter what type of presentation you're creating, the right template will save you time and help your presentation to look more professional.
Otherwise, download one of the many Keynote templates for free. Just keep in mind that everyone has access to those free Keynote slides templates, so your presentation may not come across as unique.
Good luck with your next presentation!
Editorial Note : Our staff updates this post regularly—adding new free keynote templates for 2021 for designers and entrepreneurs. We also include relevant tutorials and tips so you can find and download the keynote presentation that fits your needs the best.
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Business tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post