Are you bored with light or white colored background presentations? Do you feel maybe it's time to mix things up and try out a dark PowerPoint background for your next presentation? You've come to the right place!
The ultimate goal is to mix things up and create an impressive presentation with minimal effort. Do it by using a pre-built dark PowerPoint background template. By leaving the design aspect to the experts, you're working smart. You'll create the best possible presentation quickly.
This article lists 23 free dark PowerPoint them templates found online. We'll also have a look at premium dark PowerPoint templates from Envato Elements, and premium dark PPT templates from GraphicRiver.
Let's jump right in, explore options, and find the best PPT templates for your needs!
Top Premium Dark PowerPoint Background Templates on Envato Elements for 2022 (Unlimited Use)
You've got a presentation coming up. It's time to start putting your content together on a PPT template. Picking a perfect template based on your topic, audience, and the content will help you create the best possible presentation in no time.
With Envato Elements subscription, you'll get access to a digital library of premium creative assets (including dark PPT templates). By paying a low affordable monthly fee, you'll enjoy unlimited access to these digital premium assets on Envato Elements.
A subscription to Envato Elements is a marketing investment for your brand. Why? Gaining unlimited access to creative digital assets helps improve your marketing and business development projects. You'll be able to create unique, creative, attractive, and professional materials for your brand.
The digital assets on Envato Elements are:
- templates for web, presentation, graphics, and video
- royalty-free music, sound effects, and videos
- high-quality stock photos
- creative fonts, actions, and presets
On the flip side, working with free templates found online does come with some risks. Limited slides and feature options are generally a common problem you'll face. This means you may end up spending loads of time to make a free template work for you.
Envato Elements is the best place to go for anyone looking to invest in professional dark PPT templates. By subscribing and paying an affordable monthly fee, you can download any digital assets (including dark PPT templates) when you need them. It's truly a marketing and business development investment that'll open new doors for your brand.
GraphicRiver is your next best bet for premium dark PPT templates. Pick and download the template you need one-at-a-time without a monthly subscription fee. This model is great for non-heavy users or people with a limited budget. We'll explore this option more later in this article.
5 Best Premium Dark PowerPoint Background Templates (Envato Elements & GraphicRiver)
Take your next presentation to a higher level. Let's look at alternatives to free dark PowerPoint templates that give you so much more. Here are five of the best premium dark and black theme PowerPoint templates from Envato Elements and GraphicRiver:
Dark Fantasy is a multipurpose dark PPT template. It comes with over 40 unique slides and loads of features. This black PPT template is perfect for someone who needs a lot of infographics to turn facts and data into graphics. Make full use of process graphics, cycle graphics, maps, charts, device mockups, and so much more.
This template gives you everything you need in a template to present your project plan. Topics included are statements of work, team, work breakdown structure, schedules, and risk plan. You just won't find infographics like these in dark PPT templates free download options.
All graphics are editable in PowerPoint. Easily change your background color to white should you change your mind and decide a dark background for PowerPoint doesn't work for you.
Lightplus is a minimalistic and creative template. This multipurpose, professional template comes with 30 unique slides and five color schemes for you to pick from. All graphics are fully editable as it's vector based. A creative template like this helps you create impressive simple presentations in minutes.
This dark background PowerPoint template is perfect for any digital marketing presentation. It comes stacked with over 70 unique slides and ample graphics. You'll get device mockups, social media infographics, digital marketing infographics, maps, and loads more. The template is also fully animated and comes with 500 editable font icon sets.
Jaly Dark Black Theme PowerPoint comes with 100 unique custom slides. The black PPT template is perfect for your portfolio or other business needs.
Fully edit and customize graphics to your need for PowerPoint. No external software needed. It also comes with over 700 icons and loads of other useful features.
23 Top Free Dark PowerPoint PPT Templates to Download for 2022
Premium simple dark PowerPoint templates are easy to work with and come with loads of features. The few dark PowerPoint templates above are an excellent example of what premium templates has to offer.
But, if you can't go premium just yet because you're on a tight budget, check out Envato's free offerings. These premium free files could be of use to you. The free files vary monthly, so you never know. A premium simple dark PowerPoint template could be up for grabs!
Here's the Envato premium freebie deal:
- Envato Elements offers 12 different files (WordPress templates, PPT templates, fonts, photos, videos, and more). Download this month's free premium files by creating a free account and signing in.
- Envato Market offers seven different monthly freebies. That means a free file from ThemeForest, GraphicRiver, AudioJungle, VideoHive, PhotoDune, CodeCanyon, or 3DOcean. Sign up and log in to get this month's premium freebie files.
If what you're looking for isn't a freebie this month, free dark PowerPoint templates found online may be your only bet for now. Let's look at 23 free dark PowerPoint background templates from around the web:
1. Balthasar - Free PPT Background Dark comes in teal and dark green color and is made for finance and economics presentations.
2. Gold - Free Dark PowerPoint Templates has a black background with goldish yellow and light grey fonts. It comes in three different file formats PPT, Apple Keynote, and Google Slides.
3. Bisou - Free Simple Dark PowerPoint Templates has a combination of green, dark grey, and white. At a glance, it looks like a chalkboard.
4. Startup Inspiration - Free Black Theme PowerPoint is entirely in black tones. The fonts are in white, and this creates a good contrast.
5. Neon Cyber Monday - Free Dark Background for PowerPoint Presentation has neon colors that pop. Careful to not add too many texts in the blue neon color as it's a little hard to read.
6. Honeycomb Meeting - Free Black Theme PowerPoint is another free black PowerPoint template that's got a black background with goldish yellow and white fonts. The honeycomb design is implemented well on all slides.
7. Smart City Company Meeting - Free Dark PowerPoint Template was designed with an isometric approach and with the tech sector in mind.
8. Colorful Ink - Free Dark Presentation Background uses a colorful ink background on all slides. There's a black text box with white fonts, so your content can be clearly viewed.
9. Welcome to the 20s - Free Black Theme PowerPoint was designed to be a retro-like template in theme with "The Great Gatsby" or the 1920s.
10. Caterpillar - Free PPT Background Dark was designed with the construction, engineering, and industrial processes in mind. The background is a metal diamond plate textured image in black.
11. Dandelion - Free Simple Dark PowerPoint Template is a simple template in black and white.
12. Computer Golden Key - Free Dark Background for PowerPoint Presentation was designed for computer-related and training businesses. The main image is of a golden key on a computer keyboard.
13. Abstract Wave Lines - Free PPT Background Dark was created with a black background and abstract graphics of a wave of colorful lines.
14. Technology - Free Dark Presentation Background comes with three slide designs. The dark background PowerPoint template is created in both 16:9 and 4:3.
15. Classic - Free Simple Dark PowerPoint Template features a swirly old fashion style. This template can be used to make a classic themed presentation.
16. West - Free Dark PowerPoint Template has a dark slide background in different colors. There's also a classic border. This border, fonts, and other graphics are in white.
17. Royce - Free PowerPoint Themes Dark comes with a dark blue background and abstract geometric graphics in bright colors. All slides have the same background design.
18. Thaliard - Free Simple Dark PowerPoint Template has a dark blueish grey background. White fonts and graphics are used, and this helps create a good contract.
19. Edgar - Free Dark Background for PowerPoint Presentation features a dark purple background with tones. It's straightforward and clean.
20. Red Aesthetics - Free Black Theme PowerPoint uses three primary colors; red, black, and white. If you change all images to black and white like in the example slides, it gives the presentation a very clean look.
21. Vibrant - Free PPT Background Dark was designed to talk about trends, music, and videogames. It's a simple retro looking template.
22. Iris - Free Dark Presentation Background is designed with illustrations of stars, planets, and astronauts. It's a good choice if you're presenting to children.
23. Dardanius - Free PowerPoint Themes Dark has a modern look with its abstract 3D shape background. It's multipurpose and straightforward.
How to Quickly Customize Dark PowerPoint Presentations With Templates
A dark PPT templates free download will have basic layouts inside. But a premium template offers much more. You gain design flexibility and beautiful style. Let’s learn how to customize premium dark PowerPoint templates in five steps.
To follow along, download the premium template, RULES DARK PowerPoint, from Envato Elements today.
RULES DARK includes over 50 unique slides with custom graphics. It's a great example of a premium template that offers so much more than dark PPT templates free download options. Let's learn how to work with it:
1. Rearrange Slides
Unlike free dark PowerPoint templates, premium decks have dozens of custom slides. The trick is to choose only those that work best for you. In PowerPoint, go to the View tab and choose Slide Sorter.
Click and drag the thumbnails to reorder the slides. Press Delete on your keyboard to remove those that you don’t want. When you’re finished, click Normal to start editing.
2. Add Custom Text
The text on each slide is actually a text placeholder. To change it out, click into any block of text and select the contents.
Then, begin typing. The placeholder text will disappear, replaced with your own words. Repeat this step throughout your slide deck to add text.
3. Edit Fonts
To change fonts and add text effects, begin by selecting some text. Then, go to the Home tab on PowerPoint’s ribbon. In the Font section, you’ll see dropdown options to change the font style and size. You can also add underlines, italics, and more.
A dark PPT templates free download will typically include standard fonts. Premium templates often have custom fonts built in.
But no matter which template you use, Envato Elements is ready to help. As an Elements subscriber, you've got unlimited access to thousands of custom fonts.
4. Add an Image Background
Slides like this have space for an image background. That’s a great way to add visual interest to your slides. To get started, drag and drop an image onto the placeholder. PPT will import it, but you’ll see that it covers up your content.
To fix that, right-click, hover over Send to Back and then click Send to Back again. Your content will reappear, with the photo showing in the background.
Need photos for your slide deck? Envato Elements has you covered, with a library of millions of stock photos. Add them to your template with the technique you just saw.
5. Change Shape Colors
Premium options, unlike free dark PowerPoint templates, often include custom shapes. You can still quickly customize these to fit your needs. To get started, click on any shape to select it. Then, go to the Shape Format menu on the ribbon.
Click on the Shape Fill dropdown. You’ll see a color chooser menu appear. Browse through your options and click on any of the color thumbnails to apply it to the shapes.
5 Top Trends for Premium PowerPoint Template Designs in 2022
You want your presentation to make a good impression. One way to do that is to stay aware of the trends when choosing your dark PowerPoint templates. Here are five trends to watch out for in 2022:
1. Bold Fonts
To make an impact on your audience, you need your presentation to stand out. A bold font is a simple way to make your presentation stand out without doing too much or distract from your point. By introducing bold fonts into your design, you can add a bit more personality to your slides.
2. Added White Space
To create that modern look, many PowerPoint designers add plenty of white space between elements. This helps create a clean look that's less distracting for the audience.
3. Color Blocking
Color blocking uses contrasting colored blocks or panels to create a visually appealing effect. Use color blocking by using contrasting colors that are in your design's color palette. Color blocking helps add interest without it being too distracting.
4. Include Images
Adding images to your slides helps you create a more visually appealing presentation. Adding two to three images of various sizes on your slides works well here. Be sure to include relevant images that add to the presentation and aren't just there to take up space on the slides.
5. Include Bright-Colored Infographics
Bright colored infographics add interest as they're colorful and detailed. Many of the premium templates available on Elements contain infographics that you can use.
Discover More Top Premium Microsoft PowerPoint Template Designs
Need more top Microsoft PowerPoint template inspiration? Browse through these three best and latest 2022 selections:
- Presentations25+ Best Microsoft PowerPoint PPT Themes for Free Download in 2021Barni Rajah
- Microsoft PowerPoint25+ Best Premium PowerPoint PPT Templates to Download for 2022 PresentationsSharon Hurley Hall
- Microsoft PowerPoint34 Best PowerPoint PPT Template Designs (For 2022 Presentations)Sean Hodge
5 Benefits of Using Professionally Designed PowerPoint Presentation Templates (In 2022)
Still not sure if you're ready to get a professionally designed dark PPT template?
Here are five reasons why it's a great idea to use a premium template for your next presentation in 2022:
- You're in control. Using a professionally designed dark PowerPoint template doesn't mean that you give up customization. The PowerPoint software is incredibly flexible and allows you to customize all aspects of a template.
- Your slides are more memorable. Many presentation templates that are used in free dark PowerPoint templates aren't of high quality. Professionally designed dark PPT templates leave a lasting impact on your audience.
- You put your best foot forward. If you aren't a professional graphic designer, then chances are you won't be creating the most compelling design. Leaving this work to the pros ensures that you're delivering a presentation that's got a top-notch design.
- You save time. By using a professionally designed black PPT template, all you've got to do is fill in the slides with your presentation information. You don't have to spend any time on the design, which could cost you a lot of time if you aren't a professional designer.
- The preset slides can help generate ideas. All the slides are formatted and have all the elements already on them. They can help generate ideas on how you'd want to put your presentation together.
Benefits of Envato Elements (The Power of Unlimited Use)
Envato Elements offers tremendous value. For a low-cost monthly subscription, you'll get access to thousands of high-quality dark PPT templates.
Sign up for Envato Elements. You'll get access to thousands of unlimited use graphics and templates. Choose from web themes to dark presentation templates, and more.
Common Microsoft PowerPoint Questions Answered (FAQ)
If you want to use premium or free dark PowerPoint templates, you might have a few questions. We’ve collected some of the most common questions about Microsoft PowerPoint and answered them below:
1. How Do I Get Started With PowerPoint?
PowerPoint works great for users of any skill level. The best way to start is with a dark PPT templates free download, or better yet, a premium template.
Then, launch PowerPoint and you’re ready to start working. For a full beginner’s guide to PPT, turn to our complete tutorial. You’ll be building amazing slides in no time.
- Microsoft PowerPointHow to Learn PowerPoint Quickly (Complete 2021 Beginner's Guide + Video)Andrew Childress
2. How Do I Animate in PowerPoint?
You'll find those options on the Animations tab in PowerPoint. It gives you complete control over the look and feel of your animations.
Want to save even more time? Free dark PowerPoint templates aren’t usually animated. Turn to a premium dark PPT template from Envato Elements that comes pre-animated. You’ll save time and wow any audience.
For a complete guide on animations in PowerPoint, click here:
- Microsoft PowerPointHow to Quickly Add Good Animations to Your PowerPoint PPT PresentationsAndrew Childress
3. How Do I Add Photos to PowerPoint?
With a premium template, it’s as easy as dragging and dropping. Drag an image over a placeholder and drop it into place.
PowerPoint will import the photo, sized and scaled to fit exactly. Here’s more on working with photos in PowerPoint:
4. Can I Share PowerPoint Slides Online?
Yes! With Microsoft’s OneDrive service, you can share slides with people around the world. You can even present live online in real time.
Making presentations shareable online is more important than ever in 2022. Rest assured, PowerPoint has you covered. Learn more here:
- Microsoft PowerPointHow to Create & Present a PowerPoint Presentation Online in 2020Andrew Childress
5. Can I Change Backgrounds in PowerPoint?
Absolutely. Changing background graphics in PowerPoint is easy, and it’s a great way to mix up the look and feel of any slide. This is very useful when you’re using a dark PPT templates free download with a basic background.
You can change background colors, add images, gradients, and more. To get started, here’s our full tutorial:
- Microsoft PowerPointHow to Quickly Edit PPT Slide Background Graphics Using PowerPointAndrew Childress
Learn More About Making Great PowerPoint Presentations in 2022
Are you still new to creating presentations? Or do you see room for improvement in your presentations?
Be sure to check out our ultimate tutorial guide, which is a compilation of smaller helpful tutorials. This guide helps you pick and choose topics you'd like to read more about. Here are three tutorials to get you started:
- Microsoft PowerPoint25 PowerPoint Presentation Tips To Make Good PPT Slides in 2021 (+ Expert Tips)Andrew Childress
- Microsoft PowerPointHow to Make Good PowerPoint Slide Designs Even Better in 2021Sven Lenaerts
- Microsoft PowerPointHow to Make & Give Great PowerPoint Presentations (In 5 Simple Steps)Andrew Childress
Grab a Premium Dark PowerPoint Background Template Today
Using a professionally created presentation template helps you effortlessly take your PPT presentations to the next level. Start by browsing through loads of premium pre-built dark PowerPoint templates options on Envato Elements. By paying a low monthly subscription fee and becoming a subscriber, you can download and try out as many templates as you wish.
But if you prefer a pay-per-download model, check out the selection of dark PowerPoint background templates on GraphicRiver.
Does a tight budget restrict you? Be sure to explore the free dark PowerPoint templates listed in this article.
Be it premium or free; a pre-built template is a must! By working with the best possible template within your means, you can work smart. Create professional-looking presentations in a fraction of the time.
Grab a premium dark PowerPoint template and take your presentation to the next level. Download one now!
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Business tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly