Do you have a business or school project that requires you to create a vintage presentation soon? Or are you compiling some old family photos for an upcoming family reunion? Be it for professional or personal use, you've come to the right place if you're looking for impressive pre-built vintage PowerPoint PPT templates.
The aim here is to create an excellent presentation that's nostalgic, creative, impressive, unique, and memorable with minimal effort. Achieve this by working smart and leaving the heavy lifting to the experts. A pre-built vintage PPT template helps you do just that.
This article lists 25 free vintage, or retro PowerPoint themes found online. We'll also look at premium vintage PowerPoint themes from Envato Elements and premium vintage PPT templates from GraphicRiver.
Let's dive in, explore these options, and find the best vintage template for your upcoming presentation!
The Best Premium Retro PowerPoint Themes on Envato Elements for 2021 (Unlimited Use)
You've got to create a vintage themed presentation deck for an upcoming presentation. It's time to get started creating it rather than waiting for the eleventh hour. Pick a template that's perfect for your topic, audience, and content. A well-suited, professionally designed template will help you create the best possible presentation in no time.
Pay a low monthly fee to become an Envato Element subscriber. You'll get unlimited access to a library of premium digital creative assets (including vintage themed PPT templates).
An Envato Elements subscription is a marketing investment for your company. It takes your marketing and business development projects to the next level. Now you can create unique, professional, and impressive materials for your brand with ease.
The digital assets on Envato Elements are:
- templates for web, presentation, print, and video
- royalty-free sound effects, and music
- high-quality stock photos, and videos
- creative presets, fonts, actions, and many more
Are you thinking of using a free template found online? Free retro PPT templates do come with some risks that you need to be aware of and willing to work around. Limited slides and features are common problems. This means you'll spend a lot of time customizing and improving these free templates compared to a premium template.
The best place to start looking for any 80s themed PowerPoint template is Envato Elements. Download digital assets (including old-time PowerPoint templates) whenever you need them with your active Envato Elements subscription. It's truly an affordable monthly investment that'll open new doors for your company.
GraphicRiver is your next best option for any 90s PowerPoint templates. Buy and download the template of your choice one-at-a-time without a monthly subscription fee. It's a suitable model for people with a limited budget or non-heavy users.
5 Best Premium Vintage PowerPoint Themes for 2021 (Envato Elements & GraphicRiver)
Start working smart on your next presentation with a premium template. Here are five of the best premium vintage and retro PowerPoint themes from Envato Elements and GraphicRiver:
The 1945 - Vintage PowerPoint Theme comes with 30 slides and five premade color variations. It's designed to be a vintage style template while keeping all the modern elements of presentations in mind. You'll get handcrafted infographics, section breaks, gallery and portfolio slides.
Resize and edit the graphics easily. Use this template on PowerPoint or even Google Slides.
This template created for introductory or promotional projects. But it's versatile enough to use for any business or personal projects. It's simple, creative, and unique. Vintage - PowerPoint Presentation Template comes with 32 clean and creative slides. It also includes useful handmade infographics.
Album - Vintage Template comes with a PPTX file and a help file. It includes 32 master slides in a standard 4:3 size. Enjoy matching charts, diagrams, tables, and other graphic elements that can be easily recolored, reshaped, moved, or removed. Easily edit these infographics to fit your data.
Retro PowerPoint Theme is a professionally designed premium retro template. It comes with custom graphic elements (more than 50 PSD and PNG elements) and animation. Easily customize this presentation template in either Adobe Photoshop or PowerPoint. Retro PowerPoint Theme is ideal for business, corporate, or personal use.
Vintage PhotoAlbum PowerPoint Template comes with two unique versions of vintage photo albums: antique black and vintage 1970s dots. It also comes with:
- 30 unique master slides
- four different cover pages
- seven custom photo frame styles
- pre-styled charts
- and a help guide
Compile real antique style photos or photos taken with a vintage camera app to create a nostalgic presentation or scrapbook.
25 Top Free Retro Vintage PowerPoint PPT Templates to Download for 2021
Premium retro PowerPoint themes come with useful features and are easy to work with. The premium vintage templates above are good examples of what features and quality you can expect.
But, going premium may not be an option for everyone due to budget constraints. Even if you can't go premium just yet, be sure to check out Envato's free offerings that can come in handy. These free files are changed monthly, so if you're lucky, a premium vintage template could be up for grabs!
Here's the Envato premium freebie deal:
- Envato Elements offers 12 new files every month, ranging from WordPress templates, PPT templates, fonts, videos, photos, and more. Create a free account, sign in, and download this month's premium freebie files.
- Envato Market offers seven new files every month. A free file from ThemeForest, GraphicRiver, AudioJungle, VideoHive, PhotoDune, CodeCanyon, or 3DOcean is on offer. Sign up and get this month's free premium files.
If you can't find a classic presentation template among this month's premium freebies, free vintage templates found online are your next best option. It's still better than starting to create vintage slides from scratch. Let's look at 25 free vintage background for PowerPoint templates from around the web:
1. Car - Vintage PowerPoint Template Free. This antique PowerPoint background comes with an image of an interior of an antique car and classic fonts.
2. Typewriter - Free 50s PowerPoint Templates features an old typewriter and books on a white background. These old fashioned slides are minimalistic and clean.
3. Swirls - Vintage PowerPoint Template Free is a free abstract flowery antique background for PowerPoint. The fancy swirls are dark over a green background.
4. Pink - Free PowerPoint Templates Vintage has simple and fresh vintage slides. This vintage background for PowerPoint comes with pink with designs in a lighter tone. There's also a gradient white text box at the bottom.
5. Old Fashioned PowerPoint Templates Free features vintage slides in gray. The image on the download page is in pink, but the actual downloaded old-fashioned slides background is in gray.
6. Car - Free 50s PowerPoint Template. This classic car interior image is an excellent antique background for PowerPoint. It's elegant and nostalgic.
7. Dark Old Fashioned PowerPoint Templates Free. This is a classic presentation template that comes in black with gray swirly designs.
8. Frame - Free Old Time PowerPoint Templates has a decorative purple/brown frame over floral designed background on the top. There's a simple striped background on the bottom. This antique background for PowerPoint resembles a vintage wallpaper design.
9. Floral - Vintage PowerPoint Template Free comes with three old fashioned slides: a title slide and two inner slides. This antique PowerPoint background is multipurpose and straightforward.
10. Frame - Vintage PowerPoint Template Free features a simple swirly design on the left. This antique PowerPoint background has a darker shade of gray all around that looks like a frame.
11. Brown Ornaments - Free PowerPoint Templates Vintage comes with three old fashioned slides. It uses brown vintage pattern as a frame.
12. Old Lighthouse - Old Fashioned PowerPoint Templates Free features an antique light on a brown washed old-time PowerPoint background.
13. Note on Old Paper - Free Old Time PowerPoint Templates. This is a free abstract old-time PowerPoint background with music notes.
14. Golden Floral Frame - Free Vintage Background for PowerPoint comes with a floral background design in red. It also has a decorative frame in gold. This antique PowerPoint background looks vintage and regal.
15. Map - Free Vintage 80s Themed PowerPoint Template. This free file is a vintage background for PowerPoint that can be used for historical or geographical presentations. It comes with 25 slides of the world map as an antique background for an 80s PowerPoint theme.
16. Typewriter on Wooden Table - Free 90s PowerPoint Template has one cover slide and two internal slides. Old-time PowerPoint backgrounds like this that are created with photos give a nostalgic feeling to your 90s slideshow.
17. Old Books - Free PowerPoint Templates Vintage. This old-time PowerPoint template comes with 36 slides and free to use background images.
18. Movie Projector - Retro PowerPoint Template Free. This free file is a 50s PowerPoint template that features the old movie projector, films, and other graphics of that time. Movie Projector has forty-eight slides of old-time PowerPoint backgrounds that are suitable for movie-based presentation.
20. Sinatra - Vinyl Retro PowerPoint Template Free. Sinatra is an 80s themed PowerPoint template that uses a vinyl image and a different color for each slide.
21. MacCarthy - Newspaper Free PowerPoint Templates Vintage. This newspaper themed 50s PowerPoint template comes with ten slides with a brown background and black fonts.
22. Classified - Old Fashioned PowerPoint Templates Free features an old classified file, 35mm film strips, paper clips, and old documents. This classic presentation template is suitable if you're presenting as a detective.
23. Geometric - Retro PowerPoint Template Free. This 80s themed PowerPoint template comes with 23 different slides. Use it on either PowerPoint of Google Slides.
24. Welcome to the 20s - 1920s PowerPoint Theme comes with 32 slides. This 1920s PowerPoint Theme is a vintage presentation with geometric Art Deco style graphics in gold and a black background. Welcome back the 20s with this 1920s PowerPoint theme.
25. Edwin - Mail Retro PowerPoint Template Free. This old envelop and letter themed 90s PowerPoint template has a nice retro vibe and is excellent for any informal presentations.
Need help customizing a Retro PowerPoint template? Check out the next section as we go over five customization tips that can help you create a professional presentation.
Get Started Customizing Your Retro PowerPoint Template
The premium vintage PowerPoint templates available on Elements come ready to use. They provide you with a professional design to build your presentation on.
In this tutorial, we'll use the premium Retros template from Envato Elements. Download the template to follow along or use the steps below with your choice of templates.
To help you with different ways to customize premium templates, let's now go over five design steps that can be applied to any one of your templates:
1. Add Images
Many of the premium classic PowerPoint templates come with image placeholders. Just add an image into the slide and have it fit in with the design. Retros has many slides with image placeholders. All you need to do is click on the image icon and choose the image you want to add from your computer.
2. Add Tables
Tables are an excellent way to display information. Setting up a 10x8 or smaller table on any slide can be done very quickly in PowerPoint. To add a table, click the Insert tab and choose the Insert Table option. A drop down menu will pop up where you can choose the dimensions of the table. Then click Insert Table... and it'll appear on the slide you're currently on.
3. Add Links
Often, you'll be sending your PowerPoint to your audience and want them to take a specific action when going over your PowerPoint. On the Retros template, there are specific download buttons, and we'll want to add the download links to these buttons. To accomplish this, highlight the text on the button, right click, and choose the Hyperlink... option. From here, you can add in a URL, document, or email address.
4. Add Animations to Elements
Simple animations really help tie your whole presentation together. They add a more professional polish when used on individual elements.
To add animation to your individual elements, click on the specific element you want animated. Next, click the Animations tab. Then choose the desired animation that you want. Animating shapes and bodies of text work best here.
5. Use Word Art
To create a more visually appealing slide, use word art instead of static text. Word art allows you to design different aspects of the text including the pattern on the text, shadow, borders, and much more. To add word art, simply click on the Insert tab and choose the Word Art option. From there, you can use the word art menu to select the specific styling you would like to do to your text.
Let's now have a look at five design tips that can get your next presentation to stand out.
5 Quick Design Tips to Create Great Vintage PowerPoint Presentations in 2021
Looking for opportunities to make better presentations? Here are five tips to get you creating slides like an expert:
1. Read Up More About Vintage Designs
If you're new to the vintage design concept, read up a bit more about it and also explore content that inspires before you go any further. This helps you get an idea of the kind of a template you need to create a presentation that's in theme, suitable to your content, and resonates well with your audience. Here are a few articles to get you started:
- VintageA Guide to Vintage Design StylesGrace Fussell
- TrendsTrend Watch: Retro 90s DesignMelody Nieves
- Fonts25+ Best Free Vintage Fonts (Free & Premium to Download!)Nona Blackman
2. Work Smart - Use a Premium Pre-built Template
Get your hands on a premium pre-built template that's taken care of all the design elements. It helps you work smart and save loads of time.
There are many free 1920s PowerPoint themes online, but not all are safe to use. Some of them are only background templates, so they've got minimal features or only come with two to three slides for you to work with. Others could lack creativity and look dated. Templates like these reflect poorly on your business, as it looks unprofessional.
By investing in a premium vintage PPT template that's unique, creative, and has modern features, you're on the right path to creating an impressive and professional presentation.
3. Use Vintage Photos or Edit Your Images to Look Vintage
A picture paints a thousand words. Once an image is used on a slide, it becomes the focal point of that slide. Images are also the main design elements of a presentation as it helps bring across the theme.
By signing up to Envato Elements, you'll get over a million high-quality, royalty-free stock photos at your disposal. Pick, download, and use vintage images to create an on theme presentation.
But if you've got images but need to make them look vintage check out these articles:
- Photoshop Actions20 Vintage Photo Effect Photoshop Actions & Old Retro StylesMelody Nieves
- Photoshop ActionsHow to Create a Vintage Photo Filter With Photoshop in 60 SecondsMelody Nieves
4. Leave Plenty of White Space
White space is the unused space in a slide. Leave enough white space around each element, so it's got a clear separation from other items on the slide. This makes it easier for your audience to focus on.
Avoid cramping too many graphics, images, and texts on a slide. Keep your slides clean and minimalistic.
5. Visualize With Infographics
Regardless of your presentation theme, infographics are an excellent addition. Turn lengthy text, figures, and data into bite-size visuals. This makes it easier for your audience to understand and remember your presentation.
Learn more about how you can best use infographics in your next presentation:
Top 5 Retro PowerPoint Trends for 2021
Not sure what designs to look for in your next PowerPoint template? Stay up to date with the latest trends in premium retro PowerPoint templates by checking out the items below:
1. Black & White Theme
Black and white themes never go out of style. They're a classic look that'll stand the test of time and are one of the best ways that you can make your design look retro.
2. Use Bright Colors
Bright colors help give that retro type feel to your slides. Color combinations such as yellow, red, orange, and blue work really well here. The brighter the colors the better.
3. Tall Fonts
One popular trend is to have tall fonts. These tall fonts instantly signal to the audience that the slides are retro. Tall fonts with a medium thickness work best here.
4. Use Color Blocking
Adding background shapes that are a single color is another popular design trend for retro PowerPoints. You can even add entire backgrounds as single colors for your slides to achieve this retro look.
5. Use Abstract Shapes
Adding abstract shapes helps make the presentation seem like it was designed in the 90s. Adding abstract shapes that have single bright colors really helps them pop out of the slides.
Looking for even more Microsoft PowerPoint templates that you can use for your next presentation? Check out even more templates you can download in the next section.
Discover More Top Microsoft PowerPoint Template Designs
Browse through some of the best Microsoft PowerPoint inspiration. Here are three best and latest selections for 2021:
- Microsoft PowerPoint25 Best Fully-Customizable PowerPoint Templates (Make Custom PPTs 2021)Brenda Barron
- Microsoft PowerPoint40+ Awesome PowerPoint Templates (With Cool PPT Presentation Designs 2020)Sean Hodge
- Microsoft PowerPointBest for 2021: Free Online Microsoft PowerPoint Templates (PPTs to Download)Andrew Childress
5 Benefits of Using the Best PowerPoint Presentation Templates With Pro Designs
Still not sure if you want to buy a premium PowerPoint template to help you with the design process for your next presentation?
Here are five different reasons on why you should take advantage of premium vintage PowerPoint templates in 2021:
1. You start with a professional design. One of the hardest parts about creating a professional PowerPoint isn't the actual content, but the design of the PowerPoint. Since many of us aren't professional designers, having a professional template ready to go takes the burden of having to create a design.
2. They are fully customizable. Just because you purchased a template doesn't mean you've got to stick with the exact design. You'll have full flexibility to alter the design how you see fit for the presentation. Make as many or as few changes as you'd like to the design.
3. You'll have consistency. If you aren't a professional designer, chances are that you'll mix styles throughout the presentation. This lack of consistency will make your presentation seem unprofessional and may have a negative effect on your audience. With professional classic PowerPoint templates, you can be sure that all the designs are consistent and look their best.
4. You can create a template quickly. Often, we need to create a template in a short time frame. Working on the design of a template is a very time-consuming process and isn't your main priority. The content of the PowerPoint is your main focus and using a template makes sure you make the best use of your time.
5. Branding is made easier. Since the templates are fully customizable, you can change fonts, text, colors, icons, and images. PowerPoint allows you to easily change all these elements. Quickly transform a template into a branded presentation that includes all your company's colors and fonts.
Benefits of Envato Elements (The Power of Unlimited Use)
Envato Elements is a unique service. It's a flat-rate subscription that includes thousands of great retro PPT templates for a single flat-rate price.
Sign up for Envato Elements. You'll get access to thousands of unlimited use graphics and templates. Choose from web themes to presentation templates, and more—all for one low price.
Let's now take a look at even more resources that can help you make great PowerPoint presentations in 2021.
Learn More About Making Great PowerPoint Presentations in 2021
Regardless of your presentation creation skills, it's always great to read some useful guides and keep improving your presentations.
Our How to Use PowerPoint (Ultimate Tutorial Guide) is an excellent source of information. It's a compilation of smaller helpful tutorials. Pick and choose topics you'd like to learn more about. Here are three examples to get you started:
- PresentationsHow to Make a Persuasive PowerPoint Presentation (With Powerful Tips)Celine Roque
- Microsoft PowerPoint50 Effective PowerPoint Presentation Tips (To Improve Your Skills)Brad Smith
- Microsoft PowerPointHow to Make a Flowchart in PowerPoint With TemplatesAndrew Childress
Grab a Premium Vintage PowerPoint Theme Today!
Create professional and well-designed vintage slides effortlessly by using a premium classic presentation template. Get started by browsing through loads of premium vintage PowerPoint themes on Envato Elements. As a subscriber, download and try out as many templates and other digital assets as you'd like.
Want to try out premium but not sign up for a subscription just yet? Discover the selection of premium vintage templates and enjoy the pay-per-download model offered by GraphicRiver.
Can't afford to go premium just yet? That's okay, but it's still advisable to use a pre-built template. So, be sure to go through the free retro PowerPoint themes listed in this article.
Pre-built templates, be it premium or free, is a must! Pick the best possible template within your means and start creating impressive presentations in minutes.
Invest in a premium vintage PowerPoint theme and start working smart. Download one now!
Editorial Note: Our staff updates this post regularly—adding new retro PowerPoint themes with the best, trending new designs.
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Business tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post