Have you been tasked to create your company's annual report in MS Word or Google Docs? And is it the first-ever annual report for your company or are you interested in creating something better than last year's?
You've got an enormous task ahead of you. Luckily, you've come to the right place!
Creating an annual report can be a daunting time-consuming task, but there are ways to work smart and get it done in a fraction of the time. You may be wondering how. By using pre-built templates!
With the right template, create creative, modern, and impressive annual reports. A pre-built template lets you focus on the content and leave all the design elements to the experts.
This article lists 20 free annual report templates for MS Word and Google Docs that are found online. We'll also explore premium annual report templates from Envato Elements and premium year-end report templates from GraphicRiver.
Let's dive right in and figure out the difference between premium and free annual report templates. And find the best report template Google Docs for your needs!
Best Premium Annual Report Templates for MS Word on Envato Elements for 2021 (Unlimited Use)
It's that time of the year again when you need to start planning for the annual report. Picking the best template based on your company, stakeholders, and the content will help you create the best possible annual report in a fraction of the time.
By subscribing to Envato Elements you'll gain unlimited access to a vast digital library of premium assets (including annual report templates). All for a low affordable monthly fee.
An Envato Elements subscription is a marketing investment for your company. Improve all your marketing, business development, and other projects by leaps and folds. Create unique and attractive branded materials for your company like an expert.
The digital assets on Envato Elements are:
- templates for presentations, graphics, web, and video
- royalty-free videos, music, and sound effects
- high-quality stock photos
- actions, fonts, presets and many more
You may be wondering why you need to go premium when you can get free annual report template Google Docs online. Many free end of year report templates for MS Word and Google Docs found online have limitations that you need to be prepared to work with. Basic designs and limited template pages are common problems. This means your customization process could take longer than it should.
Envato Elements is a great platform to start looking for a professional annual report template for MS Word and Google Docs. Download unlimited professionally designed digital assets as and when you need them with an Envato Elements subscription. It's an affordable monthly fee that'll help your company's brand immediately.
GraphicRiver is the next best place to look for premium annual report templates for MS Word and Google Docs. Buy and download the templates you need one-at-a-time without a monthly subscription fee. Non-heavy users or people with a limited budget would find this option useful. We'll also look into some examples in the next section.
5 Best Premium Annual Report Templates for MS Word (Envato Elements & GraphicRiver)
It's time to wrap up the year with an impressive annual report. Here are five of the best premium annual report templates for MS Word from Envato Elements and GraphicRiver:
This stylish and modern A4 template comes with 20 pages that are easy to work with. Easily edit or replace the text, colors, elements, and images. Make it your own by changing the colors and fonts according to your brand identity.
It's print-ready, 300 DPI. Corporate Annual Report Template is a premium template that'll help you save time and create the best possible annual report for your company.
Krypton - Corporate Report Template Word was created to be a multipurpose business brochure. Use it to create promotional business brochures or even an annual report.
Why pick Krypton - Corporate Report Template Word? Just look at the features:
- versatile and premium design template, available on InDesign & Microsoft Word
- easy to edit
- well-organized layer
- unlimited color options
- 16 custom pages with 3mm bleed
- Print ready: CMYK, 300 DPI
16 Pages - Year-End Report Template helps you present facts and figures in a clean and creative way. As the name suggests, you'll get 16 pages of well-designed layouts that are easy to edit. Make changes, add or remove text, colors, graphics, and images effortlessly.
This template was created in Adobe InDesign and Microsoft Word. It comes fully editable, allowing you to implement brand identity and customize the report according to your data. 2021 Annual Report Template Word will help you present and add value to your business.
Business Annual Report Template Word is one of the top sellers of annual report templates in MS Word on GraphicRiver. It comes with 28 well-designed custom pages, automatic page numbering, and many more useful features.
What's unique about Business Annual Report Template Word is that it's part of a full business design series. You've got the option of getting other matching templates that could be useful for your business. These templates are:
- project proposal
- brand manual with real text
- business plan 1& 2
- company profile
- SEO proposal
- white paper
- professional invoice
- stationery: letterhead, business card, envelope, invoice, and folder
20 Top Free Microsoft Word & Google Docs Annual Corporate Report Templates to Download for 2021
The few premium annual report templates above give you a rough idea of what to expect from premium templates. Besides that, we've also looked into how an Envato Elements subscription is a business investment that'll immediately improve your branding initiatives.
We understand that you may have a small budget and can't go premium just yet. Envato's free offerings could help you out. Different premium free files are available for use, so be sure to check them out. A premium annual report template could be up for grabs!
Here's the Envato premium freebie deal:
- Envato Elements offers 12 different files (WordPress themes, PPT templates, photos, videos, graphics, and more). Create a free account, sign in, and download this month's free premium files.
- Envato Market offers seven different files monthly. A different premium file from ThemeForest, GraphicRiver, AudioJungle, VideoHive, PhotoDune, CodeCanyon, and 3DOcean is on offer every month. Sign up and log in to get this month's freebie files.
An annual report template isn't offered as a freebie this month? Well, it looks like free templates found online may be your only option for now. Let's look at 20 free MS Word and Google Docs annual report templates from around the web:
1. Red and Black Design - Annual Report Free Template Word comes in yellow and dark blue. It's puzzling as to why it's called red and black design. But regardless of that, it's still a decent free template.
2. Urban Theme - Free Annual Report Template comes with other matching templates. Search "Urban Theme" to find them.
3. Annual Report Free Template Word is a simple two paged document. It doesn't include any graphics, so you'd have to take care of that separately.
4. Oriel Theme - Free End of Year Report Template comes with an abstract design on the title page's right. Search "Oriel Theme" to find other matching templates.
5. Business Design - Corporate Report Template Word features a blue and red rectangle on the cover. It's a simple contemporary template.
6. Executive Design - Annual Report Template Word Free Download features abstract geometric designs. The main elements are hexagons.
7. Annual Report - Free End of Year Report Template is a clean template in black and red. The report template Google Docs file comes with seven pages for you to work with.
8. Health and Safety - MS Word and Google Docs Annual Report Template. This report template Google Docs has a section at the bottom right in light green. It's a straightforward design.
9. Booklet - Free Brochure or Report Template comes with the necessary formatting to create a simple annual report booklet.
10. Tech Booklet - Free Product Marketing or Report Template is a simple booklet report template Google Docs. Use it to create a simple annual report booklet.
11. Annual Report Template Word Free Download comes with eight pages for you to work with. A clean and simple template that comes in handy when on a budget.
12. Business Report - Free End of Year Report Template. This report template Google Docs was designed using styles, pictures, and SmartArt graphics. The cover page is some geometric shapes and an image of a building.
13. NGO - MS Word and Google Docs Annual Report Template. The cover page of this report template Google Docs comes with a circle in orange. It's an extremely basic design, so be sure to work on the design a little if you plan to use this template.
14. Proposal and Marketing Plan - Free Report Template Word. This report template was created with a marketing proposal or plan in mind. But it can easily be used for an annual report.
15. Business Report Notebook Kit - Annual Report Free Template Word comes with a cover page, various sized binder spine inserts, and five divider tabs (each with its own table of contents).
16. Median Theme - Annual Report Template Word Free Download features an image and two title boxes in red and blue. Search "median Design" to get other matching templates.
17. Annual Financial - MS Word and Google Docs Annual Report Template is in turquoise. The cover page has a rectangle box on the top left and another larger rectangle at the bottom.
18. Equity Theme - Free End of Year Report Template comes with a multi-colored title page. Search "Equity Theme" to find other matching templates.
19. Business Report - Annual Report Template Word Free Download uses SmartArt charts. Though you can't use the charts here, it does give some ideas on how to present your data while working with limited resources.
20. Home Business - Annual Report Free Template Word was created mainly as a business plan template for home-based businesses. But it can easily be turned into an annual report template with a bit of customization.
How to Make a Great Annual Report in Microsoft Word
Now that you've got a Microsoft Word report template doc, it's time to customize it. To customize your Microsoft Word template, follow the steps below.
In this tutorial, I'll use the premium template, Annual Report.
This premium template features 20 page layouts, A4 Size, and is print ready. This fits any type of annual report that you need to create. Let's get started:
1. Choose the Pages
The first step to customizing your annual report is to choose the pages that you'll use. Not all the pages in the template will pertain to your annual report.
To delete a page, press Option+?+G on a mac (Ctrl+G on a PC). In the Enter page number box, type the page number. Then press Enter on your keyboard and select Close. Verify that a page of content is selected, and then press Delete on your keyboard.
2. Add In Your Content
Once you've got all the pages for your annual report set, it's time to add in your content.
Click on the text in the text placeholders and click ?+A on a mac (Ctrl+A on a PC). This selects all the text.
3. Add Images
This template comes with many image placeholders. This allows you to add in images to the placeholders quickly without ruining the design.To add in images to the placeholders, highlight one of the image placeholders. Next, click on the Picture Format menu tab. Then click on Change Picture > From a file... Then select images from your hard drive to insert. Choose the image you'd like to add, and the image appears in the placeholder.
4. Change Background Colors
The background colors in the template may need to be changed. Often templates come with more different colored backgrounds than you'd like.
To change the background color of your pages, click on the Design tab. Next, click on the Page Color option. This opens up a color palette where you can select your desired color.
5. Add in Charts
Many of the annual report templates have graphs and charts already on the template. But those may not fit your needs.
To add a chart to your template, click the Insert tab. From there, click the Chart option. This opens up a menu where you can add various charts such as column, line, and pie charts.
5 Quick Corporate Annual Report Design Tips for 2021
Are you interested in some quick and easy tips to help you create better annual reports? Here are five tips to start with. They'll set you on the path of creating annual reports like a pro:
1. Plan Ahead
The first step to any successful documentation is a clear and well-defined structure. Take your time with this step, as a functional structure helps you save time when it comes to creating the final report. Define all your main sections and the content of each section. This also enables you to map out the template, graphics, and images you'll need.
2. Get a Pre-Built Template
Premium pre-built templates come with the standard sections and good infographics. You'll need a few minutes to customize these templates to suit your brand identity. Since all design elements are taken care of by a professional designer, you'll end up saving loads of time. This is great as it allows you to focus on the content itself.
3. Focus on Readability - Fonts & Text Matters
Stick to two fonts throughout your report, so it looks cleaner. One can be for the titles and the other for the body text. Pick fonts that are easy to read and represent your brand well.
As for color, be sure that it's a good contrast with the background and doesn't affect readability. You can even highlight critical points in different colors so they stand out when someone is flipping through.
Luckily, most if not all of these are taken care of in a premium template. But if you're using a free template, read more about the design principles as you'll be editing the designs quite a bit.
4. Use Interesting and Attractive Visuals
Images help create a good impression of your brand. Besides that, it helps draw an audience's focus and sets the tone of your report. Pick images carefully and be sure that it's related to the topic or your industry. Stay away from the usual stock photos like a suited person in an office behind the computer or a board meeting.
Always use high-resolution images. Blurry images look very unprofessional and reflect poorly on your company.
As an Envato Elements subscriber, you can access over a million high-quality, royalty-free stock photos. You'll have loads of options to pick from to create an impactful annual report.
5. Visualize With Infographics
Use infographics to turn lengthy text or data into visuals that attract attention, easy to understand, and remember. You could still have that lengthy text or tables in the report if it's required.
Look at charts and infographics as a summary for those who may not take the time to read through every single word of your report. Learn more about infographics. Browse through top designs from Envato Elements and GraphicRiver:
- Google SlidesWhat Is an Infographic & How It Can Help Your Presentation? (+ Expert Tips)Sharon Hurley Hall
- Infographics20 Best Infographic Design Templates for 2021 (With Inspiring Graphic Styles)Sean Hodge
Top Design Trends for Annual Report Templates in 2021
The design of your annual report template is crucial for a successful report. We've collected five top design trends to help you stand out from all the other annual reports:
1. Use a Layered Design
Overlapping elements on your templates creates a more professional design. Text and icons are great for a top layer to your designs. Underneath these elements you can include abstract shapes, images, and any other element you see fit.
2. Add a Team Page
Adding a team page to your report helps connect the reader with your company. Be sure to include images of all the team members and a short bio. Include this page at the front of the annual report.
3. Use a Small Color Palette
Annual report templates are more business oriented. The color scheme of the template should reflect this. Include a maximum of three colors in your color palette. This gives a more straightforward and business professional look to the report.
4. Keep It Classic
Using a basic black and white color scheme for your design is a classic way to present your report. Black and white color schemes never go out of style and are perfect for any type of business presentation. Include black and white images in the report as well.
5. Add Imagery
Annual report templates can be quite stale. Presenting only numbers and figures on a page makes the report hard to read. Adding images, icons, and graphics gives you report a more interesting look. This instantly makes your report more engaging.
Now let's have a look at even more high-quality annual report templates that you can download.
Discover More Top Annual (End of Year) Report Template Designs
Need more top year-end report template inspiration? Be sure to browse through these compilations for 2021:
- Annual Reports18 Best Free Annual Report Template Downloads 2021 (Word Designs & More)Brenda Barron
- Finance25 Best Annual Report Template Designs - With Creative InDesign Layouts (2021)Sean Hodge
- Annual Reports25 Best Annual Report Template Designs (For 2021 Financial Year End)Daisy Ein
Common MS Word & Google Docs Questions Answered (FAQ)
Do you still have questions about making using a report template in Google docs or about annual reports in general? Here are some common questions and answers to help you out:
1. What Is an Annual Report?
An annual report is an official document that public companies have to provide to their shareholders. It provides a detailed explanation of the company’s operations and financial conditions.
For more information on annual reports, check out the article below:
2.Why Do You Need an Annual Report?
It's a legal requirement for companies to have annual reports in most countries. The report details whether the company is in good standing from a legal and financial perspective. There could be serious ramifications of not providing an annual report. These ramifications may include fines and potential restrictions on your business.
3. What Types of Annual Reports Are There?
There are four main types of annual reports. Depending on the type of company you are and your objectives, you'll be filling out one of these types of annual reports:
- Corporate annual report. This is a report filed by publicly traded companies with their local stock exchange or regulatory body.
- Small business annual report. All small businesses that aren't private companies need to file an annual report.
- Nonprofit annual report. Even though nonprofits have tax benefits, they still have to file a report. But these reports don't have to be quite as detailed.
- Alternative annual report. This is a custom annual report that doesn't necessarily follow legal filing requirements.
4. What Should You Include in Your Annual Report
An annual report should include four main items in order to be effective:
- CEO’s Letter to the Shareholders. This letter provides an at-a-glance annual report overview of the company's achievements over the past year and any significant developments.
- Company Profile. This should include a number of items such as your vision and annual report, mission statement, and details about your directors
- Business Performance Overview. This provides your shareholders with necessary financial information that shows how your company is doing. It includes your sales numbers, overall income or profit, and your profit margins.
- Financial Information. This is a key part of your annual report. Include your company balance sheet and cash flow statement, income statement, and financial statement for shareholders.
5. Should I Use Google Docs or Microsoft Word for my Annual Report?
Google Docs and Microsoft Word are both professional document creation software. The software that you should use is the one that you're most comfortable with. For a more detailed breakdown of the two document creation software, check out the article below:
- Microsoft WordMicrosoft Word vs. Google Docs Compared (Which Is Better to Use in 2020?)Alexis (Lexi) Rodrigo
Now let's have a look at ways that you can create your first report template doc in MS Word.
Learn More About Making Great Annual (End of Year) Reports in 2021
Is this your first attempt at creating a report template doc on MS Word? Or are you struggling with something specific in Microsoft Word while creating your annual report?
We've got loads of helpful MS Word related articles and how-to tutorials that you can browse through. Pick and choose specific topics you'd like to read more about.
Here are three examples to help you get started:
- Microsoft WordHow to Make Awesome Page Layout Designs in Microsoft Word (+Video)Alexis (Lexi) Rodrigo
- Microsoft WordHow to Add Headers, Footers, and Page Numbers in Microsoft WordAlexis (Lexi) Rodrigo
- Microsoft WordHow to Quickly Add, Move, and Format Pictures in Microsoft WordAlexis (Lexi) Rodrigo
Grab a Premium Year-End Report Template Today
Impress your company's stakeholders with a well-designed annual report template doc. Get started by browsing through loads of premium corporate annual report templates on Envato Elements. As an Envato Elements subscriber, you'll get unlimited access to all digital assets. This means you'll be able to download and test out as many templates as you wish.
But, if you prefer a pay-per-download model, GraphicRiver is an excellent choice. It's got loads of premium corporate annual report templates that you can buy one-at-a-time.
Are you working with a restricted budget that doesn't allow you to go premium just yet? Be sure to explore free annual report templates for MS Word and Google Docs in this article.
Be sure to work off a pre-built template, be it premium or free! Starting from scratch is time-consuming and it isn't a good idea. Pick the best pre-built template within your means and start working smart. Create a professional and impressive annual report in a fraction of the time.
Grab a premium annual report template for MS Word and impress your stakeholders. Download one now!
Editorial Note: This post was originally published on July 6, 2020. It’s been updated with contributions from Daniel Strongin. Daniel is a freelance instructor for Envato Tuts+.
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Business tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post