In Microsoft PowerPoint, you can add a YouTube video to really bring some variety to your presentation. Let's look at how to do that in just a few steps.
How to Add YouTube Videos into PowerPoint (Quickly)
Note: Watch this short tutorial screencast or follow the quick steps that compliment this video.
1. Use the PowerPoint Insert Tab to Add a YouTube Video
In your PowerPoint presentation, find the insert tab on the ribbon and click on it. Now let's choose online video. Right inside of PowerPoint, you can use the first option to search from YouTube with the term of your choice.
I'll type in a term and press Enter. I could choose from one of these videos, and then click on Insert—if we find one that we like.
2. Browse YouTube Videos and Click on the Embed Code
Instead, let's go ahead, and click Cancel. Another option is that if I find a video while browsing on YouTube in my browser, and want to include it in my presentation, I can click under the Video on the Share button. Then I'll click on the Embed link and copy the code here.
3. Now Insert the YouTube Video Embed Code into PowerPoint
Now let's jump back over to PowerPoint. Let's choose the second option, and paste that code into the box.
4. Preview the YouTube Video You Added to PowerPoint
Then I'll click on the button here on the right side to insert my view into the presentation. I'll grab the video and drag the corner to expand it larger on my slide. Let's now preview it by pressing Play.
YouTube will load the preview, and then we can press the red Play button to give it a look—right inside of our presentation.
Find More PowerPoint Video and Multimedia Tutorials
Learn more about how to best work with video, graphics, and multimedia in PowerPoint:
- OfficeHow to Add Videos to Your PowerPoint PresentationsBob Flisser
- Microsoft PowerPointHow to Get Started With Using SmartArt in PowerPointAndrew Childress
- Microsoft PowerPointHow to Add Animations to Your PowerPoint PresentationsAndrew Childress