Frequently, I'll reuse slides for presentations or talks that I give, and it's helpful to be able to copy and paste slides from one PowerPoint presentation to another. Let's look at how to do just that.
How to Copy and Paste PowerPoint Slides (Quickly)
Note: Watch this short tutorial screencast or follow the quick steps that compliment this video.
1. Select and Then Copy Your Target PowerPoint Slide
I'm working in two presentations here and I wanna copy a slide to paste into another one. I'm working in Normal View. Now I'm going to click on a slide here on the left side. I'll right click on the side at hand and choose Copy from the menu.
2. Now Paste Your Slide With: Use Destination Theme
Now I'm going to switch over to another presentation, on the left side I'm going to Right-click, and you can see a couple of options here under the paste options. Let's try out the first one, which is Use Destination Theme:
What this does is, it takes the content from our other slide but it adapts to the theme in the current presentation, so that it fits right in.
3. Or, Paste Your Slide With: Keep Source Formatting
Now let's try the other option. Let's Right-click again and this time, choose the second option, which is called Keep Source Formatting:
Notice this time that it brought both the theme and the content, so it's exactly the same as the source file.
Both of these options help you get your slides copied between presentations. It's just a question of which style you wanna keep.
More Great PowerPoint Slide Tutorials
Here are more PowerPoint slide tutorials to help take your presentation knowledge a step further:
- OfficeHow to Use and Edit PowerPoint Master SlidesBob Flisser
- Microsoft PowerPointHow to Change Slide Layouts in PowerPoint in 60 SecondsAndrew Childress
- Microsoft PowerPointHow to Use the Slide Sorter View in PowerPoint in 60 SecondsAndrew Childress