Do you need to look back at historical events or look ahead for future planning? There is nothing like a timeline diagram to help you get a snapshot of this all on one page. Be it for school, personal, or business, we'll explore some timeline templates in Word that'll fit the bill.
You could create a timeline from scratch, but why waste your time. There are loads of free and premium Microsoft Word timeline templates for you to pick from. If you're on a budget, there are free timeline templates in Word docs to help you out.
You want the best possible option and have a budget to work with. So, check out the selection of MS Word templates from Envato Elements and GraphicRiver's premium Word templates. You'll find timeline templates in various print template formats like proposal, magazine, brochure, or resume. Select a timeline that best suits your needs and start creating.
Get the Best Premium Microsoft Word Timeline Templates on Envato Elements for 2021 (Unlimited Use)
If you need to impress clients or stakeholders, Envato Elements is your best bet. There are loads of print templates in MS Word that include timeline pages. You can either use the whole template to create an entire proposal or just use the timeline pages on their own.
An Envato Elements subscription unlocks your access to an all-you-can-download library of creative assets. All for a low monthly fee.
Save time and work smart with creative assets from Envato Elements. With this extra hand, all your future projects will immediately improve and will be nothing short of impressive.
Envato Elements has premium creative files like:
- stock videos and photos
- royalty-free audio and music files
- presentation, web, video, and print templates
- presents, fonts, 3d, and so much more
GraphicRiver is a great platform to explore if you need to test out premium files before signing up for Envato Elements. It works on a pay-per-download model and has loads of premium print templates in MS Word. We'll explore some premium timeline chart templates in Word in the next section.
5 Top Premium Microsoft Word Timeline Templates for 2021 (Envato Elements & GraphicRiver)
Here are some top premium timeline diagram templates in Word from Envato Elements and GraphicRiver. Use any of these templates to create an impressive timeline for all your projects quickly:
This project proposal is a 24-page template document. It's designed in Adobe InDesign but is compatible with Microsoft Word. It comes with loads of other project-related pages allowing you to pick and work with the pages you need accordingly.
Lay out your brief timeline on this one-pager. The template works well if you need to summarize a project timeline for audiences that don't need in-depth details. Easily customize this template in MS Word for any project.
This two-page template allows you to show your timeline in a minimalistic line diagram and include a description for each topic. Break down your timeline into simple steps, so the next person reading it will understand and remember it with no issues. This format works well for timelines that need to be shared with external parties.
This complete proposal package was created in Adobe Indesign, but is compatible with Microsoft Word and Excel. There are two project timelines on this template. The first is a bar chart that allows you to list 16 different tasks and map out their timelines. The second page is for descriptions and tables so that you can explain the timeline chart well.
This is a 15-page Business Plan built based on Guy Kawasaki's guidelines on pitching or presenting a concept. The events and timeline page is broken into two. The top section has a timeline chart. The bottom section is only text. This allows you to show your timeline and explain it all on one page.
20 Top Free MS Word Timeline Examples to Download (2021)
Did you know Envato gives out premium freebies? It could help you if you kept an eye on these. It's a huge opportunity to try out premium digital creative files for free. You never know, a Microsoft Word timeline template could be among this month's free downloads.
Here's the offer:
- Get 12 premium files from Envato Elements every month. These could be anything from templates, audio, photos, or video files. Create a free account to access this month's premium freebie files.
- Envato Market offers seven unique premium assets every month. Log in or create a new account to access this month's premium assets.
Now it's time to explore 20 free timeline templates that are Word docs found online for anyone to use:
1. Free 12-month Timeline Template Word Download. This one-page document is broken up into 12 months, allowing you to list down points accordingly.
2. Free Wedding Timeline Checklist. Use this template to plan tasks according to your wedding timeline and check them off as you complete them.
3. Free Project Planning Timeline Template Word. This template is broken down into days of the month. List down tasks for your project for each day.
4. Free Business Timeline Chart Template Word. This simple template has the months of the year in a bar line in the middle of the document. Points for each month go above and below this bar.
5. Free History Timeline Template Word also comes with a bar in the middle of the page. This bar is broken down by years. Events that happened in that year are mentioned above and below the bar.
6. Morning Routine - Free Timeline Chart Template Word. This template comes with a time bar in blue and text boxes in green.
7. Free Project Timeline Template Word. Divide your project into phases and schedule the tasks accordingly in this timeline template.
8. Free 1-Month Business Plan Timeline Diagram Template Word. Include all your tasks and steps you need to take in a single month.
9. Free 2-Month Business Plan Timeline Template Word Download. Track your activities for two months with this simple template.
10. 3-Month Business Plan - Free Timeline Template Word Doc. Plan out your quarterly activities with this template.
11. Free Monthly Project Timeline Template Word Download. Track your progress over 31 days with this document.
12. Status Report - Project Timeline Template Word Download. Use this status report to get an overview of work done, scheduled tasks, and project timeline.
13. Purple - Free History Timeline Template Word. The background of this template is purple. The text boxes are white with black fonts. The timeline bar is green.
14. Construction - Project Timeline Template Word Download. List out milestones, activities, and deliverable with this timeline document.
15. Table - Project Timeline Chart Template Word. This is a horizontal timeline chart document that doesn't leave much space on the paper.
16. Vertical - Free History Timeline Template Word. This is a minimalistic template where you can list down events and even include images.
17. Events - Free Timeline Diagram Template Word. This document allows you to focus on six events by adding an image and text for each of them.
18. Wedding - Free Timeline Diagram Template Word. Brides and grooms can highlight their timeline together on a vertical diagram.
19. Marketing - Free Timeline Chart Template Word. This template has six text boxes in shades of blue and green.
20. Research - Free Timeline Template Word Doc. This one-page document allows you to break down research planning or findings.
5 Quick Microsoft Word Timeline Design Tips for 2021
Let's explore five quick tips that'll help you create the best possible timeline page. These tips will immediately improve your work and help you impress your audience. New to Microsoft Word? Check out this Quick Start Guide.
Here are the five tips:
1. Use a Premium Pre-built Template
If you need timeline templates for a proposal, chances are you'd find a complete proposal template helpful. And if you're planning a business project, there are premium full project templates on Envato. These multipurpose print templates have relevant pages you'll need for various use.
Take your time while browsing and download a template that allows you to do what you need to. Be picky during this initial stage. A suitable template saves time and turns into an impressive document.
2. Be Consistent With Your Branding
Once you've picked your premium business template in MS Word, change the color scheme and even fonts according to your brand identity. Also, include your logo. Your template will immediately be in line with your branding. You'll look more professional to your audience as well.
3. Draw Attention With Bright Colors
Bright colors draw attention to essential parts of a document. It's the easiest way to add more focus or differentiate elements. Your proposal or project plan instantly becomes more visually pleasing too. Thankfully with a professional template, all the design elements are taken care of.
4. Keep It Minimal
Keep all pages clean and to the point. Try doing the following:
- Use infographics to visualize processes, facts, and figures.
- Turn paragraphs into bullet points.
- Be selective with the information you include. Not everything is necessary.
- Have timelines with fewer sections. It's easier to follow.
5. Use More Visuals
Visuals like photos, infographics, icons, or illustrations attract attention. They're key design elements to any document and are all taken care of when you use a professional template. If you need to add your visuals, check out options from Envato Elements.
Discover More Top Microsoft Word Template Designs
You haven't found what you've got in mind? Check out other multipurpose MS Word templates for inspiration. These three articles below have loads of MS Word templates for you to pick from.
- Microsoft Word18+Best Free Microsoft Word Flowchart (Process Map) Templates 2021Andrew Childress
- Microsoft Word20 Best Free Microsoft Word Business Document Templates (Download 2020)Sarah Joy
- Microsoft WordBest of 2021: 30 Microsoft Office Word Document Templates to Download NowNona Blackman
Learn More About Making Great Word Documents in 2021
There are always tricks and tips you can use to improve any of your Word document creation. Pin this Microsoft Word Tutorial Guide as a favorite and refer to it from time to time. It's a compilation of how-to tutorials that'll help you with just about any questions you may have about MS Word.
Here are three examples:
- Microsoft WordHow to Quickly Format Basic Text Styles in Microsoft Word DocumentsAlexis (Lexi) Rodrigo
- Microsoft WordHow to Make Awesome Page Layout Designs in Microsoft Word (+Video)Alexis (Lexi) Rodrigo
- Microsoft WordHow to Add Headers, Footers, and Page Numbers in Microsoft WordAlexis (Lexi) Rodrigo
Get a Premium Microsoft Word Timeline Template Today!
There are tons of free history timeline templates in Word found online for everyone to use. But, they may not be the best option if you need to impress current or potential clients. A premium timeline template in MS Word is the way to go.
Start your search at Envato Elements. An active subscription unlocks access to tons of professional creative assets, including premium timeline templates in MS Word. Download any digital file as and when you need it without any extra monthly costs.
If you need to test out premium, check out GraphicRiver. Buy and download any premium timeline chart template in Word one at a time. Thanks to GraphicRiver's pay-per-download model, you can get a one-off premium creative file immediately.
Get your hands on a premium print template that includes a timeline page and start creating like a pro. Subscribe and download one now!
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Business tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post