Do you want to stand out from the crowd and create a retro presentation? Or are you presenting on an 80s or 90s topic, and a retro PPT template is a natural choice? Whatever your reason for wanting a retro-themed template, you've come to the right place.
The goal here is to create an impressive presentation that looks like a blast from the past without compromising quality and creativity. Achieve this by working smart and leaving the design to experts. All you need is an excellent pre-built retro PPT template.
This article lists over 20 free retro PowerPoint templates found online. We'll also explore premium 80s themed PowerPoint templates from Envato Elements and premium 90s PowerPoint templates from GraphicRiver.
Let's dive right in and find the best retro presentation template for you!
The Best Premium 80s & 90s PowerPoint Templates on Envato Elements for 2021 (Unlimited Use)
Envato Elements is the best place to start looking for professionally designed retro PowerPoint templates. Unlock unlimited downloads of PowerPoint templates, photos, videos, and other digital assets for your next project—all for a low monthly fee.
An Envato Elements subscription is an investment that helps take your marketing, business development, and presentation projects to the next level. Create impressive, unique, and quality materials for your brand with ease.
If you're tempted to try out a retro PowerPoint template for free from online, there are risks that you need to be willing to work around. Limited design slides and features are the most significant problems. Besides that, uniqueness is also a concern.
GraphicRiver is an excellent option if you want to try out premium templates without a monthly subscription fee. Buy and download a retro PPT template one-at-a-time. We'll also look at this option in the next section.
5 Best Premium Retro PowerPoint Themes for 2021 (Envato Elements & GraphicRiver)
A retro presentation template doesn't have to be old and dated. There are loads of premium modern retro-themed 90s slideshow templates that are created to impress in 2021.
Let's check out a few best premium modern retro-themed PowerPoint template from Envato Elements and GraphicRiver:
This 80s retro PowerPoint template comes with 30 unique slides and five color schemes. It's a clean and modern presentation template in a retro theme. All icons provided are vector icons that can be resizable and editable with ease.
Drag and drop images into the placeholders provided. This is an excellent template that allows you to create your presentation in minutes. You won't find an 80s themed PowerPoint template like this for free.
Retrorik was built with retro pop-art in mind. It uses bright colors like red, yellow, and blue to create lively slides. There are three premade color schemes for a dark or light background. This template is suitable for fashion, creative agency, any artsy, or modern business.
Retrico is a clean and minimalistic template with 106 unique slides. It comes with three color themes. This template is stacked with loads of infographics and well-designed animations. Use it to create the best possible modern retro-themed presentation.
This modern retro-themed template comes with 272 unique slides. They're beautifully designed and are incredibly functional. You'll be spoilt for choice.
Use this multipurpose template for many different businesses. Pick between dark or light background. Present in dark mode and switch to light mode if you need to print the slides.
The hologram is a trend that's been around for some time and made a mark in the 90s. At the moment, it's back in trend. It's even looked at as a futuristic design.
This is a timeless and versatile design. Pick and choose your images and fonts to sway it more retro rather than futuristic.
25 Top Free 80s & 90s PowerPoint Templates for Download for 2021
Before diving into free 80s themed PowerPoint templates found online, check Envato's free offerings. Try out various premium files (not always retro PPT templates) at no cost to you.
Here's the deal:
- Envato Elements offers 12 different files like fonts, templates, photos, and more every month. Create a free account and download this month's premium free files now.
- Envato Market offers seven monthly freebies. A free file from ThemeForest, GraphicRiver, AudioJungle, VideoHive, PhotoDune, CodeCanyon, and 3DOcean is yours to try out. Sign up and log in to get this month's premium freebies.
Can't find an 80s themed PowerPoint template or laser PPT template among this month's premium freebies? Free 80s retro PowerPoint templates found online are your next best option. It's still better than starting from scratch.
Let's look at 20+ free 80s and 90s PowerPoint templates from around the web:
1. Green - Free 80s Theme Background comes with two slides: a title and a content slide. They're both in green, so your fonts would have to be white to stand out.
2. Squares - Free 80s PowerPoint Template has a brown background and some colored squares that frame the slide.
3. Photographer - Free 90s Slideshow Template features an image of a young girl holding a retro camera. Colors used for the background is blueish-green and orange.
4. Pattern - Free 80s Theme Background comes with abstract designs in many shapes and colors. This background is cheerful and suitable for personal use.
5. Butterflies and Flowers - Free 80s Themed PowerPoint Template features a navy blue background with a few colorful butterflies.
6. Retro Girl - Free 80s Retro PowerPoint Template (free). This template has a pink background and a girl holding some flowers.
7. Color Splashes - Free Retro 80s Theme Background is a retro presentation template with colorful splashes and doodles on the background.
8. Black - Free Retro 80s PowerPoint Theme is a minimalistic template. It comes with a black background and has abstract designs in white and gold.
9. Retro Mockup - Free 80s PowerPoint Template is a simple PowerPoint background design. It comes with a navy background and orange circles.
10. Miller - Typewriter Free 80s PowerPoint Theme is available for PowerPoint and also Google Slides. It comes in pastel colors and free typewriter font.
11. Paterson - Free 90s Slideshow looks like an old operating system. This 90s PowerPoint theme comes with windows, folders, cursors, and a loading icon.
12. Philo - Free 80s PowerPoint Template. Insert images or videos in this template, and it'll look like it's playing on a retro tv.
13. Neon - Free Laser PPT Template features abstract designs with disco or nightlife like colors against a black background.
14. Edwin - Free 80s Retro PowerPoint Template (free). This template looks like a retro-style envelope. Add text and graphics to what looks like a letter from the envelope.
15. Abstract Spiral - Free Laser PPT Template comes with abstract shapes on a purple background. The fonts are in white and have red highlights for important bits or titles.
16. Retrokey - Free 80s Themed PowerPoint Template has a mix of shades of yellow and red. It also features music elements like a guitar, radio, audio cassette, vinyl, and more.
17. Grammar Lesson - Free Retro Themed PPT Template. This template comes with an orangie-beige background and has retro geometric shapes.
18. Sinatra - Free 80s Retro PowerPoint Template (free). This retro presentation template uses bold background colors and a vinyl image on each slide.
19. Geometric Resume - Free Retro PPT Template helps you turn your resume into a retro PowerPoint presentation for free.
20. Law Consulting - Free 80s PowerPoint Template comes with geometric designs. The slides are in brown, yellow, gray, and beige.
21. Vinyl Shop Plan - Free 80s Theme Background. This template uses a different color for each slide. These color tones work well for the retro feel of this template.
22. Vintage Disease - Free PPT Template is a medical presentation template that looks retro. Each slide uses a different background. Fonts are in black and white.
How to Customize Envato Elements Premium Retro PowerPoint Templates
After downloading a premium retro PPT template, you'll want to customize the template for your presentation.
To help show you how to customize your template, we'll go over a few tips that you can apply to your own presentations. We'll make a few basic changes to the premium template, Retrorik.
Let's get started:
1. Change Themes
While the theme that the template features may look good, it might not contain the color scheme that fits your particular presentation. To change the theme/color scheme of your template, click the Design tab on the top of the main header. From there a menu pops up with plenty of different themes that can be applied to all your slides.
2. Adding more Images
In the Retrorik template and many of the other premium templates on Envato Elements, there will be image placeholders. Just click to add in your images.
But you may want to add more than one image to your slides. To do this, click on the Insert tab on the top menu header and click the Images icon. From there, click Picture from File... and choose the image on your computer that you'd like to add to the slide.
3. Add Animations to Specific Elements
Adding animations to the different elements in your slides is a great way to add interest to your presentation. All the elements in your slides can be animated.
Simply click on the Animation tab on the top menu header and click on one of the elements on your page. Then select the specific animation that you want for the element in the top menu header.
4. Add Icons
Icons can be quite engaging for your audience. Adding a few icons throughout your slides is another great way to spice up your presentation.
To add icons, click the Insert tab. Then choose the Icons menu option. An icon menu appears on the right hand side of your screen where you can choose from the list of icons.
5. Change Color of Shapes
While the theme of your template will determine the color of the shapes on your slides, they might not be the exact color that you want.
To change each individual shape, click the shape on a slide. Click the Home tab and then choose the Shape Fill option on the far right of the top menu header.
Next, we'll go over five design tips that'll help you improve your presentations.
5 Quick Design Tips To Make Great 80s & 90s Themed PowerPoint Presentations in 2021
Feel like you could improve on your presentation creation skills? Here are five tips to get you on the road to creating slides like an expert:
1. Retro Is in Trend in 2021
It's the best time to create a retro-themed presentation as retro is in trend. This means that you can enjoy modern templates created now that doesn't look dated but are retro-themed. You can also enjoy modern features like infographics and animations on many premium pre-built retro-themed templates.
Check out this Graphic Design Trends 2021 video from Envato.
2. Work Smart - Get a Premium Pre-built Template
Avoid free slides that look dated and are only background templates. These templates lack creativity. You may end up with a presentation that looks unprofessional.
A premium pre-built template has all the design elements taken care of. Most of them come with infographics, icons, and animations too. All you've got to do is add your images, text, and edit the graphics accordingly.
A premium pre-built template helps you work smart and create presentations like an expert with minimal effort. Check out how to quickly customize a PowerPoint template design:
3. Use Retro Photos or Edit Your Images to Look Retro
Images are a big part of the design elements of a presentation. By adding a retro image to a slide, it becomes the focal point of that slide and adds on to the retro feel.
When you sign up to Envato Elements, you'll get unlimited access to over a million high-quality, royalty-free stock photos. Download and use retro images to create an on-theme presentation.
On the flip side, if you've got current portrait photos but need to turn them retro, check out this article:
4. Visualize With Infographics
Add infographics when possible. It helps reduce texts and makes complex data easier to understand. Well-designed infographics also help keep your audience focused and engaged. They may even thank you for it!
Learn more about infographics and use them the right way in your next presentation:
5. Leave Plenty of White Space
White space is the unoccupied space in slides. When used well, it makes it easier for your audience to focus on your content.
Leave enough white space around each element to stand out and have a clear separation from other content on the slide. Avoid cramming too many elements on a slide. Stay clean and minimalistic.
5 Top 80s & 90s Style Trends to Make Cool Retro PowerPoint Presentations in 2021
To help you get your 80s and 90s style retro PowerPoints to stand out, we've collected five of the top trends for these types of presentations. Easily add each trend into your own template. Here's the list:
1. Eye Catching Infographics
Infographics are a great way to add interest to any presentation. They're eye-catching and can provide a great deal of helpful information to your audience. Including infographics in the colors of your presentation palette makes it more professional.
2. Include Graphs and Charts
Whether you're creating a retro presentation or any style presentation, including graphs and charts adds visually pleasing content that'll be more engaging for your audience. Make sure to include graphs and charts that detail only the most important information in your presentation.
3. Use a Red Color Scheme
Red color schemes instantly give you that retro feeling from the 80s and 90s. By implementing red as your primary color in your color palette for your slides, you can start to create a retro looking presentation. Also be sure to use fonts that give a retro felling to help enhance the PowerPoint. Fonts that are tall and condensed work well here.
4. Include 80s and 90s Images
A simple way to add a retro flare to your presentations is to just add images from this period. This will instantly make your presentation look more retro. Again, be sure to include images that are relevant to your particular presentation.
5. Go Black & White
Another top trend is to use black and white themed slides. Black and white is a classic color scheme that's sure to add a retro vibe to your presentations. Be sure to include images that are black and white as well to complement the design.
If the templates mentioned in this article aren't what you're looking for, then be sure to check out the next section. We'll go over even more high-quality premium templates that you can download.
Discover More Top Microsoft PowerPoint Template Designs
Still haven't found a template you'd like to work with? Browse through more of the best Microsoft PowerPoint inspiration for 2021. Here are three best and latest selections to start with:
- PresentationsThe Best New Presentation Templates for 2021 (Top PowerPoint PPTs & More)Sean Hodge
- Microsoft PowerPoint30+ Best Free Professional Business PowerPoint Design Templates (2021 PPT Downloads)Andrew Childress
- Presentations25 Best Microsoft PowerPoint PPT Themes for Free Download in 2020Barni Rajah
Learn More About Making Great PowerPoint Presentations in 2021
Keep improving your presentation skills by reading helpful guides. Our How to Use PowerPoint (Ultimate Tutorial Guide) is an excellent place to start. This compilation of smaller tutorials allows you to choose topics you'd want to learn more about.
Here are three examples of smaller guides to start with:
- Microsoft PowerPointHow to Make & Give Great PowerPoint Presentations (In 5 Simple Steps)Andrew Childress
- Microsoft PowerPointHow to Quickly Edit PPT Slide Background Graphics Using PowerPointAndrew Childress
- Microsoft PowerPointHow to Make Great PPT Charts & Graphs in Microsoft PowerPointAndrew Childress
Grab a Premium 80s or 90s PowerPoint Template Today!
Create your next retro presentation effortlessly with a premium 80s or 90s laser PPT template. Start by browsing through the selection of premium retro PPT themes on Envato Elements. As an Envato subscriber, download and test out any templates and digital assets without limits.
Like the idea of going premium but don't want a monthly subscription just yet? Explore the selection of premium pre-built retro presentation templates and make use of the pay-per-download model offered by GraphicRiver.
Are you working on a tight budget? Even if you can't go premium, it's advisable to still use a pre-built template. You'll find some good free retro PPT templates options listed in this article.
Pre-built templates are a must! It's a time saver compared to starting from scratch. Identify the best templates within your means and start working on your presentation.
Work smart and invest in a premium 80s or 90s PowerPoint template. Download one now!
Editorial Note: Our staff updates this post regularly—adding new 80s and 90s templates in PowerPoint with the best retro designs.
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Business tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post