Are you working on a genealogy project for school or have you been tasked to create a presentation for the upcoming family gathering? And are you trying to figure out the best way to go about this presentation? You've come to the right article to find a family tree template for PowerPoint.
Save time and create the best possible presentation with a pre-built template made for modern times. As you start preparing your content, it's also best to simultaneously start looking for a template you'd want to use.
This article showcases about 20 free to download ancestry PPT templates. Before we explore that list, we'll take a close look at premium genealogy presentation templates from Envato Elements and premium family free PPT templates from GraphicRiver. These three pre-built options will allow you to work smart within your means.
Let's dive right in and find the best family tree template for PowerPoint for your upcoming presentation.
The Best Family Tree Templates PowerPoint on Envato Elements for 2020 (Unlimited Use)
Find premium family tree PPT templates on Envato Elements. All digital assets are professionally designed and keep trends in mind. They're also really great to work with.
Envato Elements has a great offer. Get unlimited downloads of PPT templates, videos, audio, graphics, and other digital assets, all for a low monthly fee.
It's no secret. An Envato Elements subscription is an investment. It helps you take your creative projects to a new level. Show off your creativity and professionalism without spending hours.
Are you still considering free templates from around the web? There are general concerns you need to be aware of and willing to work around. Limited features, uniqueness, and outdated designs are a few issues.
Can't commit to a subscription? Buy and download family tree PowerPoint presentation templates from GraphicRiver one-at-a-time. It allows you to test out a premium template. We'll take a look at this option in the following section.
5 Best Premium Genealogy Presentation Templates for 2020 (Envato Elements & GraphicRiver)
Below, you'll find a few premium sample ancestry PPT templates from Envato Elements and GraphicRiver. Any one of these templates will be perfect for your family tree presentation in 2020:
Familia comes with 30 unique slides and five premade colors. It's perfect for any business or personal use. Graphics used are of high quality, with pixel-perfect illustrations, handcrafted infographics, and are fully editable.
This template allows you to include family photos to your presentation creatively. All elements on this template are editable on PowerPoint, so no added software is needed. Families - PowerPoint Template also comes with handcrafted infographics that look professional and stand out.
Welcome Family - PowerPoint Template helps you lay out and present vacation photos, family goals, best moments photos, family gathering info, etc. There are premade sections to this template. It's professionally designed and guides you through creating an impressive presentation.
This well-designed template is perfect for genealogy projects be in at school or for personal. It comes with 16 unique slides, both in dark and light background versions and five color schemes. Should you get stuck while working on this project, free and fast support service would come in handy.
Create a unique genealogy presentation with this template. Give each family unit a slide and include a portrait photo of each of them. This template comes with 20 master slides. So, choose the best layout according to your needs. Easily recolor, reshape, move, or remove all objects.
20 Top Family Tree Templates PowerPoint to Download for 2020
Before checking out free to download sample family tree PowerPoint presentation templates found online, look at Envato's free offerings. Download and test out various premium digital assets (not always family tree PPT templates) at no cost.
Here's the deal:
- Envato Elements offers 12 unique digital assets like PPT templates, music files, graphics, video templates, and others every month. Create a free account to download this month's premium free digital assets now.
- Envato Market offers seven monthly freebies. A free digital asset from the seven main pillars of Envato Market is all yours to test out. Sign up and log in to get your hands on this month's premium freebies.
A genealogy presentation template may not be among this month's premium freebies. Free family tree PPT templates from around the web are your next option. Using a free template is better than starting from scratch.
Let's explore 20 free sample family tree PowerPoint presentation templates found online:
1. Free Family Tree Chart (Vertical, Green, Red, Widescreen). This is a simple template on a light green background. The hierarchical chart is in red.
2. Free Family Tree PPT Template comes with a gray background and an image of a tree.
3. Free Family Tree comes with a picture of a tree. You can include a small photo of your family members along with their names.
4. Free Color-Coded Organization Chart. This template was created for an organization but can be used to create a family tree chart with a few customizations.
5. Free Family Reunion Album. Create a family tree in a simple photo album style. It comes with abstract designs in blue and green.
6. Free Organizational Chart Template. Tweak this simple four-level organizational chart to create your family tree.
7. Free Family Photo Album (Green Leaf Nature Design) comes with a green background and green leaf design. Make a photo montage, add titles and captions to make it a family tree photo album.
8. Free Family Tree Chart (Horizontal, Green, White, Widescreen). This template comes with a white background. The family tree is in shades of blue and green.
9. Free Organizational Chart is a simple template that's got a white background and a blue chart. With a few quick edits, this template will work well for a family tree presentation.
10. Free Genealogy PowerPoint Template. This template comes with two slide designs: gray with blue and multicolored.
11. Free Organizational Structure PowerPoint Template comes with a blue background and a pyramid-like structure of people.
12. Free Sample Family Tree PowerPoint Presentation. This template has a green background and an icon that represents the family hierarchy.
13. Free Horizontal Family Tree Chart Template For PowerPoint has a background that's a mix of green and blue. The chart has a different color for each level.
14. Free Organization Chart PowerPoint Diagram is a simple template with a white background and a multicolored chart. Though it was created for an organizational chart, it'll work for a family tree with quick edits.
15. Free Tree PowerPoint Templates has a colorful tree in the background. The template comes with three master slides for you to pick from.
16. Free Organization PowerPoint Diagram has a dark background with a multicolored diagram.
17. Free Cartoon Tree PowerPoint Template can be used as a background for a family tree presentation. It's got an image of a tree in the background.
18. Free Sample Family Tree comes with illustrations of family members. It was designed to teach children the family structure.
19. Free Organization Structure PowerPoint Template. Besides using this template to represent your company structure, it can also represent your family structure.
20. Free Colored Family Tree Template PowerPoint comes with a gray background and an image of a colorful tree.
5 Quick Family Tree Presentation Design Tips for 2020
Improve your presentations and create slides like an expert. Here are five quick design tips that'll make an immediate difference to your presentation:
1. Visuals vs. Text
Avoid making your audience read loads of texts on a slide because this makes the presentation dull. Turn lengthy text into photos or infographics. And have short points or catchphrases on the slide that the audience can read at a glance. By doing this, it becomes more effortless for your audience to follow your presentation.
2. Use High-Quality Photos and Graphics
Since visuals are a big part of your presentation, use high-resolution photos and high-quality graphics. Pixelated or stretched images are challenging to make out. They also damage the overall look of your presentation.
Get unlimited access to loads of professional photos and graphics with your Envato Elements subscription. Use any digital asset you need to take your future creative projects to new heights.
3. Use Animation and Transitions Wisely
Make your presentation lively with some tasteful animation and transitions. Break down complex infographics by phasing in individual sections. This can be done according to what's being discussed. This also helps your audience focus.
But having said that, use animations and transitions sparingly because too many can get distracting. Learn more about animations and transitions in these tutorials:
- Microsoft PowerPointHow to Add Slide Transitions In PowerPoint in 60 SecondsAndrew Childress
- Microsoft PowerPointHow to Quickly Add Good Animations to Your PowerPoint PPT PresentationsAndrew Childress
4. Leave Enough White Space
White space is the unused space on a slide. It isn't necessarily white. Leave enough white space between elements on a slide. This helps create a clear separation, making it easier for your audience to scan through and focus on each element as it's being discussed. Use white space to create a clean and visually pleasing presentation.
5. Keep It Minimal
Avoid clutter and keep your slides clean. A minimalistic presentation helps keep your audience's attention because the slides aren't overloaded.
A few ways easy ways to create minimalistic slides:
- use larger fonts and images
- turn all paragraphs to visuals or bullet points
- don't have too many elements on each slide
- stick to only a few colors on a slide
- use animations or transitions per slide sparingly
Discover More Top Microsoft PowerPoint Template Designs for 2020
Are you looking for more inspiration? Check out other best PowerPoint templates in 2020 that could come in handy for your next family gathering. Here are three unique and suitable template compilations:
- Microsoft PowerPoint20 Best Free PowerPoint Photo Album & PPT Slideshow Templates for 2021Andrew Childress
- Microsoft PowerPoint25+ Best Free Retro PowerPoint Themes With Vintage (Old Fashioned) DesignsBarni Rajah
- Microsoft PowerPoint25+ Free Funny PowerPoint Templates With Fun & Vibrant Designs 2020Barni Rajah
Learn More About Making Great PowerPoint Presentations in 2020
The end goal of all presenters is to present your information in an engaging way to your audience. Our How to Use PowerPoint (Ultimate Tutorial Guide) is a compilation of smaller PPT how-tos tutorials that helps you do just that. It serves as a quick reference on various PPT related topics so that you can improve your presentations quickly.
Here are three examples of PPT resources found in The Ultimate Tutorial Guide:
- Microsoft PowerPointHow to Make Good PowerPoint Slide Designs Even Better in 2020Sven Lenaerts
- Microsoft PowerPointHow to Make Great PPT Charts & Graphs in Microsoft PowerPointAndrew Childress
- Microsoft PowerPointHow to Learn PowerPoint Quickly (Complete 2020 Beginner's Guide)Andrew Childress
Grab a Family Tree Template PowerPoint Today!
Get started on your family tree PPT for the next family gathering. Start by checking out premium genealogy presentation templates from Envato Elements. Download and try out various digital assets (not just PPT templates) with your monthly subscription.
Want to try out a premium template but not in a position to sign up for a monthly subscription just yet? GraphicRiver has loads of premium family free PPT templates for you to pick from. Take your pick and download it with the pay-per-download model GraphicRiver offers.
Can't go premium just yet? A free pre-built template is something you can try out. This article lists some free sample family tree PowerPoint presentation templates for inspiration.
Pre-built genealogy presentation templates help you create a family effortlessly. Pick a template based on your needs and start today.
It's time to work smart and impress the family. Download one now!
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Business tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post