PowerPoint has this great feature called SmartArt that helps you add graphic illustrations and infographics to your presentation. You have to see it in action to get some ideas about how you can best use SmartArt in PowerPoint to make flexible presentation graphics.
We also have a helpful compliment to this tutorial. Download our FREE eBook: The Complete Guide to Making Great Presentations. Grab it now before you read on.
Now let's get started.
How to Quickly Use SmartArt in PowerPoint
Note: Watch this short tutorial screencast or follow the quick steps below, that compliment this video.
1. Select SmartArt to Open Up the Tool
In PowerPoint I'm going to go up to the Insert menu and choose SmartArt.
Note: This option is the same whether you're using PowerPoint on Windows or Mac.
2. Insert Process SmartArt Graphic into Your Presentation
On the left side here are all of these different types of charts and illustrations we can add. So let's choose one from the Process option as an example. I'll press OK.
3. Using PowerPoint SmartArt With Your Content
So now we have this process map here in PowerPoint and we can fill it in with our very own content. I can add content in the bullets here and it adds it to the chart itself.
Now notice that this SmartArt can actually evolve over time to reshape itself based on the content inside of it.
Returning to the Smart Art menu you can see many other options for different types of illustrations that you can fill in with your own content to create helpful illustrations for your viewers.
You can pick from chart types like lists, processes, cycles, hierarchies and more. So SmartArt is an easy way to add these professional illustrations without having to build them in separate apps.
More Great Envato Tuts+ PowerPoint Tutorials
Learn more in our PowerPoint tutorials and quick video tutorials on Envato Tuts+. We have an assortment of PowerPoint material to help you make a great presentation:
- How to Make & Give Great PowerPoint Presentations (In 5 Simple Steps)Andrew Childress15 Nov 2019
- How to Make Great PPT Charts & Graphs in Microsoft PowerPoint (+Video)Andrew Childress27 Dec 2021
- How to Work With Views in Microsoft PowerPointAndrew Childress28 Mar 2017
You can also find great PowerPoint presentation templates with premium designs on GraphicRiver or Envato Elements. Or, browse through our selection of the best Microsoft PowerPoint designs:
- 35 Best Infographic PowerPoint Presentation Templates: With Great PPT Data Slides 2022Sean Hodge07 Nov 2021
- 30 Animated PowerPoint PPT Templates (With Cool Interactive Slides for 2022)Sean Hodge20 May 2022
Make Great Presentations (Free PDF eBook Download)
We also have the perfect compliment to this tutorial, which will walk you through the complete presentation process. Learn how to write your presentation, design it like a pro, and prepare it to present powerfully.
Download our new eBook: The Complete Guide to Making Great Presentations. It's available for free with a subscription to the Tuts+ Business Newsletter.