Do you have a story that you need to convert into an eBook format? Are you trying to figure out how to do this with a pre-built eBook PPT template? You've come to the right place.
You want to present your story in the best possible way. Nothing puts off a reader more than a poorly designed eBook. Reflect your creativity and uniqueness by leaving all the design elements to the experts. Showcase your hard work as a finished product with minimal efforts and skills. How? All you need is an excellent pre-built eBook PowerPoint template.
In this article, we'll take a look at 15 free eBook templates for PowerPoint to download off the internet, premium eBook template PowerPoint from Envato Elements, and premium eBook PowerPoint templates from GraphicRiver. This curated list will give you an idea of the differences between premium and free eBook templates. It will also give you some options to pick from.
The Best Premium eBook Template PowerPoint on Envato Elements for 2021 (Unlimited Use)
Envato Elements is a smart choice if you want to create or maintain an impressive personal or professional brand image. This monthly subscription is an investment that allows you to work around your design skill limitations and still achieve pro-level results. You'll also save time in the process.
Get unlimited access to premium eBook templates in PowerPoint, illustrations, infographics, fonts, videos, social media templates, and other digital assets you need to create and market your eBook project — all this for an affordable monthly fee.
Are you new to PowerPoint book templates and wondering which is a better option for you — premium or free templates? Picking the right template is a crucial decision because it can make or break your eBook project. Free templates found online have drawbacks. The top few issues you need to be mindful of are limited designs, features, narrow options, and non-commercial licenses.
Can't sign up for a monthly subscription just yet? Get a premium eBook template PowerPoint from GraphicRiver using their pay-per-use model. It's the best way to try out a premium template without a subscription plan. We'll closer look at a few templates from GraphicRiver in the following section.
5 Best Premium eBook Template PowerPoint for 2021 (Envato Elements & GraphicRiver)
There are loads of premium eBook PPT templates to help you create a unique eBook project in 2021. These premium modern templates are designed by professionals and equip you with numerous useful features.
Let's take a look at a few top premium eBook PowerPoint templates from Envato Elements and GraphicRiver:
Thinking of creating a cookbook? This is the best template for you. It comes with 16 pages and uses the drag-and-drop method for adding images. It includes the following useful template pages:
- cover page
- introduction/content page
- chapter cover page
- multiple chapter pages
- several recipe design pages
- online YouTube video content preview page
Snift is a multipurpose PowerPoint eBook template that's suitable for any personal or professional needs. Its 36 A4 sized, creative, and modern slides are ready to print. All graphics are editable and resizable. Use the well-designed section break slides to introduce each part of the eBook clearly.
Get Lifted is an excellent multipurpose PowerPoint book template to use if you're ready to launch your first eBook. This premium comes in both A4 and US letter size. It's a professionally designed eBook that comes with 100+ icons and bonus graphics like charts, iPad, laptops, social icons, and many more.
NOYA is a modern vertical template that comes in A4 and US letter printable format. It offers over 70 unique slides and is perfect if you need to create a vertical presentation, magazine, brochures, eBook, portfolio, and many more. All elements are vector, so you can edit, resize, and change colors without losing quality.
This is an excellent option for someone who writes several books a year. Get your hands on this bundle and start creating eBooks that sell! With these 10 premium PowerPoint book templates, you'd have a total of 160 slides to work with. Quickly change the color scheme, drag and drop images, replace the content, and you're ready to go.
15 Top Free eBook PowerPoint PPT Presentation Templates to Download for 2021
Would you like to test out various premium digital assets (not just PowerPoint slides) at no cost? Check out Envato's free offerings. Do this before looking for a free eBook PPT template found online. You may get lucky and get a premium eBook template in PowerPoint for free!
Here's the deal:
- Envato Elements offers 12 unique files every month to everyone who has an Elements account. These files could be anything like themes, plugins, photos, fonts, music, and more. Create a free account and download this month's free premium files today.
- Envato Market, on the other hand, offers seven monthly freebies. Create a new account or log in to Envato Market to get this month's premium freebies.
An eBook PPT template may not be among this month's premium freebies. Let's take a look at some free eBook templates for PowerPoint found online. If you're working with a limited budget and can't go premium yet, the list below is for you:
1. Case Study/Success Story eBook Template for PowerPoint offers a layout to spotlight a collection of success stories. It includes sections for an Executive Summary, Challenges, Solutions, and Results.
2. Composition Book Free PowerPoint Template & Google Slides Theme makes your eBook look, as the name suggests, like a composition notebook. It's compatible with Google Slides as well.
3. Free Classic Book Education Presentation. If you need free eBook templates, download this one. It looks like a classic book with its book cover and pages in brown and white.
4. Free eBook of Recipes. This is a free eBook template for PowerPoint and Google Slides. Black and white are used as background colors for each slide.
5. Free Book Covers Template comes with five variations to book covers. Unfortunately, this free eBook template doesn't come with a layout for pages.
6. Creative Free PowerPoint eBook Template is a simple eight-page template. It uses a shade of purple for all titles. Other fonts are in black.
7. Blue Free eBook Template for PowerPoint is a nine-page template. The main color used is blue.
8. Bright PowerPoint eBook Free Download has a good color scheme of orange and navy. The design elements in this free eBook template are simple yet professional.
9. Gray - Free PowerPoint eBook Template is another nine-page template. It uses a few shades of gray along with a bright yellow to highlight important texts.
12. Magazine - Free PowerPoint eBook Template. Though this template was created as a magazine, it can easily be used as an eBook template in PowerPoint.
13. NOW Magazine - PowerPoint eBook Free Download is inspired by TIME magazine. Make slight modifications to make this work as an eBook template in PowerPoint instead.
14. Hyperdoc Handbook - PowerPoint eBook Free Download helps you create a multimedia-rich eBook with playable YouTube videos.
15. How-To eBook Template for PowerPoint is specially designed for instructional content that demonstrates a process or detailed instructions.
How to Make a Great eBook in PowerPoint Quickly
When you’ve chosen your PowerPoint book template, the fun begins. It’s time to customize it and make it truly your own by adding your content and branding. Follow the steps below to customize the eBook PowerPoint template you’ve selected.
In this tutorial, I’m using the premium Get Lifted eBook Template for PowerPoint. Its clean design can easily be customized for various eBook topics. I particularly like the ability to add your own images by dragging-and-dropping them into the placeholders. More on that below!
The screenshots show the interface for Microsoft PowerPoint for Mac version 16.47. If you’re using a different version, then your interface may look different.
1. Choose Your eBook Pages
Your eBook template for PowerPoint contains several pages with varying layouts. You probably won’t need to use every single one of them. And so, the first step is deciding which page layouts you do need. The easiest way to do this is by looking at the PowerPoint template in Slide Sorter view.
To delete a slide, right-click on it, then click Delete Slide. Or click on the slide to select it, then press the Delete button on your keyboard.
If you’ll be using more than one type of slide layout, you can duplicate those slides now. Again, right-click on a slide, then click Duplicate Slide.
2. Change the Fonts
Next, change the default fonts in the PowerPoint eBook template and replace them with the fonts you wish you to use. To do this, select the text. Under the Home tab, use the different text formatting buttons on the ribbon to change the font, font size, color, and other attributes.
3. Apply Your Branding Colors
You’ll also want to apply your branding colors to the other graphic elements on the eBook template for PowerPoint. Click on a shape to select it. Under the Shape Format tab, click on the Shape Fill arrow. A menu opens. Select the fill color, gradient, and texture you want to use. You also have the option to insert a picture in the shape.
4. Add Your Content
Now that the PowerPoint slides have your branding fonts and colors, it’s time to add your content. Click and drag into a placeholder text, then paste your own text to replace it. Or type directly into the text area.
5. Insert Your Images
Finally, insert your own images into the PowerPoint. Depending on how the template was designed, you can simply drag and drop an image from your computer into the placeholder image. This is the case with the Get Lifted eBook Template for PowerPoint.
But if the template you’re using doesn’t have this drag-and-drop feature, follow these steps:
Click on the image placeholder to select it.
Find the image file you want to use and insert it. For this project I used an image titled Woman with creativity from Envato Elements. You can choose your own image.
You may have to adjust the size of the image or crop it to make it work with the slide’s layout.
5 Quick PowerPoint eBook Presentation Design Tips for 2021
Here are some design tips to help you create the best possible eBook presentation:
1. Pick Premium Over Free
It's best to avoid taking risks when it comes to choosing your template. Be picky and select only the best. Premium templates are designed by experts who have all the design elements in mind. They also come with loads of features like infographics and icons. Most times, all you have to do it add in your content. Premium templates allow you to work smart regardless of your design skills.
PowerPoint book templates that are free, on the other hand, may not be as feature-rich and customizable. And if you're publishing the eBook commercially or as part of your business, take note that most free PowerPoint templates come only with personal-use rights. Premium templates for PowerPoint are the ones that come with a commercial license.
2. Tell Visual Stories
Avoid wordy eBook presentations as it gets dull and reflects poorly on your project. Depending on your subject and audience, you can turn your presentation into a visual story. This tutorial takes you through a few ways to do this:
- Microsoft PowerPointHow to Tell Effective Visual Stories in Your PowerPoint PresentationsAndrew Childress
3. Use High-Quality Images
As an Envato Elements subscriber, you'll enjoy unlimited downloads of millions of creative assets. Pictures are a big part of an eBook. It helps grab attention and leave a lasting impression. With this access, you can use unique photos and graphics that are of high quality and impressive. Pick the best assets based on your audience and topic to create a unique eBook presentation.
4. Go For Contrast
Contrast is used to create visual hierarchies. This allows text or graphics to stand out well on slides. Professionally designed eBook PPT templates are created with these visual hierarchies and other design principles in mind. However, check out this article if you need to customize elements on slides by changing shapes, colors, or sizes.
5. Stay Away From Clutter
Minimalistic slides are always the best option. With clean, uncluttered slides, your audience will be able to follow your presentation effortlessly. It's best to avoid cluttered slides because they create confusion, frustration, and look unprofessional.
5 Trends in eBook Design
You don’t need to be a PowerPoint whiz to apply any eBook design trends into a template. With professionally designed eBook templates, you can focus on making your eBook as engaging as possible for your readers.
Below, I’ve gathered the top trends in eBook design. You’ll also see a few of the ways you can incorporate these trends into an eBook template for PowerPoint:
1. Seamless Pattern
One of the trends in eBook cover design is the use of a seamless pattern. At its simplest, you take one object or group of objects and repeat it throughout the cover. This forms a wallpaper background for the title of your eBook. With this trend, the eBook cover can be busy. Just take care not to detract from the title.
You can create a seamless pattern using Adobe Illustrator or another image editor. In the example above, I found a seamless background graphic and placed it on the cover of an eBook PowerPoint template. Both are from Envato Elements.
This tutorial shows you how to edit a slide background in PowerPoint:
- Microsoft PowerPointHow to Quickly Edit PPT Slide Background Graphics Using PowerPointAndrew Childress
2. Retro or Vintage
Retro and vintage designs continue to be popular. If they’re compatible with the topic of your eBook, consider using a retro image on the cover. You can also apply this trend by using a vintage font for chapter titles and other text you wish to emphasize.
You can begin with a retro-themed PowerPoint template:
- Microsoft PowerPoint15 Best Free 80s & 90s Themed PowerPoint Templates for Retro 2021 PresentationsBarni Rajah
- Microsoft PowerPoint25+ Best Free Retro PowerPoint PPT Themes With Classic Vintage DesignsBarni Rajah
This trend calls for the illusion of depth through layering, shadows, and three-dimensional effects. You can achieve these by creating a shape and then adding Shape Effects. But the easiest way is by starting with an eBook design template that already exemplifies this trend. For example, the Snift Vertical PowerPoint template has layers of text and images, creating depth on the page.
Minimalism is a past trend that's never gone out of style. Perhaps it never will! And it’s easy to see why. Minimalist designs are easy to read and let your eBook content take center stage. You’ll find plenty of PowerPoint templates that embrace minimalism in its design and layout:
- Microsoft PowerPoint20 Free Modern PowerPoint PPT Templates With Minimalist Designs (2021)Brenda Barron
- Microsoft PowerPoint35 Clean PowerPoint Templates (PPTs) With Minimalist Designs (For 2021)Laura Spencer
- Microsoft PowerPoint25+ Free Black and White PowerPoint Template With Simple PPT BackgroundsSarah Joy
5. Hand-drawn Graphics and Fonts
Authenticity is another trend that isn’t going away anytime soon. And what better way to be authentic than to use hand-drawn illustrations and fonts? You can add hand-drawn elements to any of the eBook PowerPoint templates featured here. You can draw your own, if you’re so inclined. Or, choose from hundreds of hand-drawn graphics and fonts in Envato Elements or GraphicRiver.
Discover More Top Microsoft PowerPoint Template Designs
Are you looking for top free multipurpose Microsoft PowerPoint templates found online? Here are three best PPT template presentations in 2021 you should check out:
- Microsoft PowerPoint25+ Free Black and White PowerPoint Template With Simple PPT BackgroundsSarah Joy
- Microsoft PowerPoint30+ Best Free Professional Business PowerPoint Design Templates (2021 PPT Downloads)Andrew Childress
- Presentations25+ Best Microsoft PowerPoint PPT Themes for Free Download in 2021Barni Rajah
5 Benefits of Using Professional eBook PowerPoint Templates
You’re looking for free PowerPoint eBook templates, but in fact a premium template may serve you better. If you’re not sure, read on to see if the benefits of using a premium PPT eBook template far outweigh the savings of using a free one. You just may be surprised at the incredible value you get from a premium template!
- Look like a pro. When you use a premium PowerPoint template, you’re getting slides that were designed by a professional—without hiring a graphic designer. This goes a long way toward making you look more professional, credible, and authoritative. You worked long and hard writing your eBook. It deserves nothing less than a professional impressive design and layout.
- Use with ease. The designers who create premium PowerPoint templates know some of their users are newbies. And so, they create the PowerPoint files to make them as easy to use as possible. For example, many premium templates allow you to add your images with drag-and-drop simplicity.
- Customize to your heart’s content. Premium PowerPoint templates are meant to be customized and personalized. Change the fonts and colors. Add your text and images. Some premium templates even include a PDF guide to how to modify the template.
- Profit from your eBook. Most free PowerPoint templates come only with a personal-use license. If you’ll be using your eBook for business, you need a PowerPoint template that comes with a commercial license. All the premium PowerPoint templates from Envato Elements and GraphicRiver come with broad commercial rights, allowing you to use the items both for your own business and for your paying clients.
- Get after-sales support. After downloading free PowerPoint templates, you’re on our own. That’s not the case with premium templates. Their designers let you reach out to them directly to get help on how to use the templates.
Benefits of Envato Elements (The Power of Unlimited Use)
Envato Elements is unique. The flat-rate subscription includes thousands of great eBook templates for PowerPoint.
Sign up for Envato Elements now. With it you can access thousands of unlimited use graphics and templates. Choose from web themes to eBook PowerPoint templates, and more--all for one low price.
Learn More About Making Great PowerPoint Presentations in 2021
Bookmark these useful references on your browser, so you don't have to search online anymore. Many of us get distracted while doing research online. It can be challenging to break off from this distraction to get back to the task at hand. Avoid this by pinning How to Use PowerPoint (Ultimate Tutorial Guide) as a bookmark on your browser. It's an extensive compilation of various bite-sized tutorials.
Here are three examples of PowerPoint how-tos from The Ultimate Tutorial Guide:
- Microsoft PowerPointHow to Print Your PowerPoint Slides (The Complete Guide)Andrew Childress
- Microsoft PowerPointHow to Work With Views in Microsoft PowerPointAndrew Childress
- OfficeHow to Use and Edit PowerPoint Master SlidesBob Flisser
Grab a Premium PowerPoint eBook Template Today!
Need a PPT template to help bring your story to life? Start by exploring premium eBook template PowerPoint from Envato Elements. Get unlimited access to millions of digital assets like PPT templates, graphics, videos, and social media templates to help you create and market your eBook like a pro.
Don't want to go unlimited just yet? Explore premium eBook PowerPoint templates from GraphicRiver. Invest in a single premium template that fits your requirements in this marketplace where you pay only for each single use.
This article also showcases a few free eBook templates for PowerPoint. They're not the best option but if you can't go premium, at least you can still use a PowerPoint book template for free.
Work smart and save loads of design time by using a pre-built template. Once you've explored all your options, select the best PPT template that fits your needs, and get started on your eBook.
Use a premium eBook PPT template and create your eBook like a pro. Download one today!
Editorial Note: This post has been updated with contributions from Alexis (Lexi) Rodrigo. Alexis is a freelance instructor for Envato Tuts+
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Business tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post